• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Only one I did not predict was Greninja (That came out of Freaking Nowhere...)
I think that's a safe roster in my eyes maybe change Wolf to Ivysaur and change Lucas to ROB but I honestly don't have much issues with it

Speaking of which here is my Young Link Move set idea (its quite long to read)

F-Smash= Turns into Goron with Goron Mask and acts similarly to Dillons Assist in Wii U and 3DS games
Up-Smash=Turns into Deku Link and uses 2 flowers send huge Gusts of wind up ward like GAW's Uair but much more deadly
Down-Smash=Turns into Zora Link and uses the two boomerangs to push enemies away a bit like Pac-Man's Down Smash in the new game
Neutral Special=Fire Arrows and I know what your thinking its just a copy of Normal Links but no Essentailly I see it like the Archer Power-Up in Kirby Triple Deluxe Shoot Up to send flurry of arrows that act as meteor smash's shooting downwards etc etc
Up Special=Cucco Lift Sure Cucco is a item but Diddy's Bananas were also items in brawl so no reason why it can't work here
Down Special=Zelda's Lullaby Ok its a sleeping inducing Move like Jiggs Sing but with a wider area to go by
Side Special=Firepower Young Link throws a Stick on fire to the opponent and once the Fire has died out you can use it like a beam sword you can have up to 2 on the stage at the same time
Jab=Links Jab from Melee with a finisher at the end
Side Tilt=throws Deku Sheild out to attack opponents
Dash Attack=Link Dash from Smash 64 but with a upward sword thrust after to keep combos going
Down Tilt= Something similar to Charizards in brawl but with a sword
Up Tilt= Young Link goes on the Sword and kicks upward
Nair=Young Link Spins Sword and Shield around fast hitting anyone on both sides
Fair=an overhead swordstrike that goes downward as well like Yoshi in brawl also can Meteor Smash too
Dair=A sword Spinning strike that goes straight down while Young Link is Twisting like what Impa does in Hyrule Warriors
Uair=Just what Link and Toon Link do for there Up Air sorry I can't think of anything else :crying:
Final Smash=Hero Of Time ok Young Link and the sages from Ocarina beat down the opponents and then Young gets the Master Sword and whoever is hit by Young Link triggers a cinematic where he puts the master sword back in the pedestal while the opponents are on it and sends them back in time Insta KO
Entrance to battle=Riding on Epona but then Epona stops and Young Link falls off while Epona Runs away
Losing Animation=Sitting down on a tree stump with his Palm under is chin while Navi annoys him for losing
Winning Animation=His taunt from Melee

Ok that's it! I really hope you all enjoyed my moveset ideas and if you have of your own please feel free to say them down below! :younglinkmelee:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
If Wolf got in over Falco or Lucas, I'd be pretty p****d. Especially if it was Falco, as that would pretty much open the floodgates, and before you know it Ness and Captain Falcon are gone too.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Wolf probably won't get in, because while he is a 3rd STAR FOX rep--and a villain--he hasn't reach the level of popularity that Falco has. Falco has both competitive following, and seniority on his side. But yes, if Wolf somehow edged out Falco or Lucas I'd be shocked.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
He will though! that's why I'm so scared and upset about Lucas and did you like my move set? for some moves it was really hard to think at what he could do but other times it was plain as day

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Snake isn't coming back, simply because of the lack of Metal Gear on Wii U and I imagine Nintendo wouldn't want to support Kojima if they won't support Nintendo.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Wolf probably won't get in, because while he is a 3rd rep--and a villain--he hasn't reach the level of popularity that Falco has. Falco has both competitive following, and seniority on his side. But yes, if Wolf somehow edged out Falco or Lucas I'd be shocked.
Derp. I'm apparently the drunk one, misread your post.

Wolf is way more unique than Falco, so I doubt he'd get cut.

Last edited:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
I meant 3rd star fox rep, guess I probably should have made that clearer instead of hoping people connected the dots. :p I'm incredibly tired atm since I worked the graveyard shift last night. I'll fix that now.

EDIT: Senior Snake is probably not going to get in guys. It sucks because I love MGS as much as the next person, but the only reason he was here (as I've stated a lot before) is that Kojima specifically came up to Sakurai and asked him to get put in.

Now he could be DLC IF again, Kojima asks but as it stands I don't see Sakurai going out on a limb to get him in.

Besides Revolver Ocelot would be cooler B)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Wolf got in over Falco or Lucas, I'd be pretty p****d. Especially if it was Falco, as that would pretty much open the floodgates, and before you know it Ness and Captain Falcon are gone too.
Wolf was always more popular than Falco anyway prior to Melee. It was only because Sakurai thought Wolf looked too much like a literal Fox clone than Wolf was replaced by Falco, and Wolf later ended up in Brawl and he was more original than Falco.

Captain Falcon isn't going ANYWHERE, though. There's only a select few characters who have appeared in more than one game that could potentially be cut. That mainly goes for Jigglypuff, Ness, and Falco. Captain Falcon is basically the mascot of Smash Bros., he's never getting cut. Period.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Captain Falcon isn't going ANYWHERE, though. There's only a select few characters who have appeared in more than one game that could potentially be cut. That mainly goes for Jigglypuff, Ness, and Falco. Captain Falcon is basically the mascot of Smash Bros., he's never getting cut. Period.
I really wish they'd just keep the "in two games" rule. If any character could get cut, that'd be awful.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Well I think the two game rule is going to be here to stay. Also Jigglypuff likely won't get cut because it's tradition now thanks to 64, melee, and brawl that she is the first unlocked character (assuming you play classic mode first), or at least the easiest to unlock.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Now that is pretty darn impressive. I managed to predict Little Mac, Palutena, and Megaman.

Anyways, my thoughts on who is getting cut based on this leak:
1.) Squirtle, because Greninja is a water type with a pretty unique moveset
2.) Wolf, because if there is going to be 3 starfox reps I'd imagine Sakurai would replace Wolf with Krystal or someone else.
3.) Lucas, because Sakurai hates everything
4.) Snake, because unless Kojima approached Sakurai he doesn't care.
So you want to replace the only Star Fox rep that is different than Fox and keep the Semi Clone? That makes no sense.

I don't want Falco, Wolf or Lucas cut myself, but if one has to go, it is going to be Falco first.

Again, I ask for what reason was Falco added to the Smash Brothers series in the first place? He is not as iconic as :diddy::luigi2:or even Tails.

Just give Fox Falco's custom moves and give Fox an alternate costume of :falco:.

:wolf: is to :fox: as :ike: is to :marth:.

Snake and Squirtle are the only ones in that list that make sense because of :4greninja: and the fact that we may not have room for one more third party character after: :4megaman::4pacman: and :4sonic:.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Wolf was always more popular than Falco anyway prior to Melee. It was only because Sakurai thought Wolf looked too much like a literal Fox clone than Wolf was replaced by Falco, and Wolf later ended up in Brawl and he was more original than Falco.

Nah the only characters at risk of getting cut are the unconfirmed brawl newcomers.

Espio264

Smash Ace
We should all fully expect that:

Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Ness
Falco
Ganondorf
Mr. Game and Watch
Ice Climbers

...are all coming back

After all, the Ten Commandments of Smash that are tattooed to Sakurai's back include:

#2 Thou shalt respect the Melee 20 (+ Sheik), and
#7 Falco's the man.

Last edited:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
But that's the thing Oracle, you keep Falco because he has been in longer and you replace Wolf with another unique star fox character like Krystal. The fact Falco has made it this far should be telling you something. Now that said my conjecture of Wolf getting cut is based entirely around the idea of Sakurai wanting to add Krystal without adding a fourth star fox rep. If that isn't the case then wolf is totally safe.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I really wish they'd just keep the "in two games" rule. If any character could get cut, that'd be awful.
Where do you get the whole "any character could get cut" notion? There's only a few characters who've been in more than one game that have even a remote shot at getting cut anyway.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Nah the only characters at risk of getting cut are the unconfirmed brawl newcomers.
False.

:lucas:was planned to be in the series since the 64 days, but :ness64: got in because of Earthbound's exposure in the west. :lucas:was planned to be in Melee, but :nessmelee: got in. Brawl was the game that :lucas: finally got in and he plays differently than :ness2: and has his own game in the Mother Series.

:rob: is safe because he has an original movest and represents his series on the NES.

:wario:/:warioc: is safe because of his original movest and his Wario Ware series.

:wolf: is safe because he plays vastly different than Fox (sharing only his :GCB: and :GCD::GCB: moves) and was meant to be in Smash Brothers since Melee, but was not added because Sakurai thought Wolf was too similar looking for Fox at the time.

Out of the Brawl newcomers here are the ones in trouble, but for different reasons:

:squirtle: - :4greninja: is what threatens him the most. Even though :squirtle: has an original moveset the need for another Water Pokemon is not needed.

:ivysaur: - The limit on the Pokemon roster is what threatens him the most, not to mention who he is going up against: :jigglypuff: and :mewtwomelee:. :jigglypuff: since she/he has been in the Series since the 64 days and :mewtwomelee: since he shares just as many similarities to :lucario: as :ike: does to :marth:.

:snake: - Because of the fact that we may only have room for 3 third party reps and that his latest games are not supporting Nintendo. :snake:'s only saving grace is his game for the Nintendo 3DS.

:falco: is the only guy who has some serious battles to fight to keep his place. Since :wolf: was meant to be in Smash Brothers since the Melee days.

:falco:'s only saving grace may be that he has popularity with fans and Tourney Players.

But that's the thing Oracle, you keep Falco because he has been in longer and you replace Wolf with another unique star fox character like Krystal. The fact Falco has made it this far should be telling you something. Now that said my conjecture of Wolf getting cut is based entirely around the idea of Sakurai wanting to add Krystal without adding a fourth star fox rep. If that isn't the case then wolf is totally safe.
:falco: only got in Melee because Sakurai felt that :wolf: looked too similar to :fox:. :wolf: is not getting cut because he shares similarities to :fox: just as :ike: is similar to :marth:.

If anybody gets cut for Krystal it is going to be the guy who can make for a nice alternate costume and custom moveset, that man is :falco:.

Last edited:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Solid enough reasons, also Wario isn't even at risk since Sakurai accidentally confirmed him during the direct when he showed the Ashley assist trophy with the Wario Ware logo by her name.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why replace a far more original character? Plus I don't think Sakurai is going to add Krystal. If we have a Star Fox cut, he's not going to replace the cut character with Krystal.

:falco: is the only guy who has some serious battles to fight to keep his place. Since :wolf: was meant to be in Smash Brothers since the Melee days.

:falco:'s only saving grace may be that he has popularity with fans and Tourney Players.
This exactly. Falco is popular with tourney players, otherwise Wolf was always far more popular than Falco anyway.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Guys I think I found out the rest of the characters! I might just be right :D (this list IS if the sal romana leak is real)
1. Ice Climbers
2. Jigglypuff
3. Ganondorf
4. Ness
5. Lucas
6. Falco
7. Capt. Falcon
8. G&W
9. Chrom
10. K. Rool
11. Chorus Men
12. Shulk
13. 3rd Starfox Rep
14. Wario
15. Meta Knight
So I think there are 15 uncomfirmed characters. I am probably wrong, but I did some reasonable math. Oh and Half Life 3!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Guys I think I found out the rest of the characters! I might just be right :D (this list IS if the sal romana leak is real)
1. Ice Climbers
2. Jigglypuff
3. Ganondorf
4. Ness
5. Lucas
6. Falco
7. Capt. Falcon
8. G&W
9. Chrom
10. K. Rool
11. Chorus Men
12. Shulk
13. 3rd Starfox Rep
14. Wario
15. Meta Knight
So I think there are 15 uncomfirmed characters. I am probably wrong, but I did some reasonable math. Oh and Half Life 3!
What reasonable math caused :wolf: to be cut in favor of :falco: staying?

:wolf: is vastly different from :fox: /:falco: just watch this video:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Because Sakurai has a love for veterans, and if Falco could survive the Melee/Brawl transition where other clones did not (Dr. Mario) he's likely going to stick around for Smash 4. Besides it's more than likely we're keeping the Fox/Falco/Wolf trinity because we get our two star fox veterans, and our unique star fox rep who is also a villain.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Because Sakurai has a love for veterans, and if Falco could survive the Melee/Brawl transition where other clones did not (Dr. Mario) he's likely going to stick around for Smash 4. Besides it's more than likely we're keeping the Fox/Falco/Wolf trinity because we get our two star fox veterans, and our unique star fox rep who is also a villain.
:falco: only got in Melee because :wolf: looked too similar to :fox:. :falco: simply got in Brawl because of his popularity with Smash Fans and Tourneys. :falco:'s popularity has nothing to do with his significance with the Star Fox Universe, but for the fact that he is a :fox: 2.0.

:falco: was the :roymelee: that never got cut.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
That's completely irrelevant to all of my points. Which were
1.) Falco survived the Decloning of Melee-Brawl, he'll likely survive it again
2.) Falco is a veteran, Sakurai loves veterans
3.) In all likelyhood, we're keeping Fox/Falco/Wolf because it's a solid trinity that adequately reps the series.

Nowhere did I mention Falco's popularity in the Star Fox universe.

Sorry if this comes across as short/salty, I'm really not meaning it to. *thumbs up*

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Now that is pretty darn impressive. I managed to predict Little Mac, Palutena, and Megaman.

Anyways, my thoughts on who is getting cut based on this leak:
1.) Squirtle, because Greninja is a water type with a pretty unique moveset
2.) Wolf, because if there is going to be 3 starfox reps I'd imagine Sakurai would replace Wolf with Krystal or someone else.
3.) Lucas, because Sakurai hates everything
4.) Snake, because unless Kojima approached Sakurai he doesn't care.
What... wha-? Please tell me I'm not the only one who got a headache from this, because of course this makes sooo much sense. .________.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I'd rather have falco, slippy or wolf, than the Queen of the furvert revolution...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That's completely irrelevant to all of my points. Which were
1.) Falco survived the Decloning of Melee-Brawl, he'll likely survive it again
2.) Falco is a veteran, Sakurai loves veterans
3.) In all likelyhood, we're keeping Fox/Falco/Wolf because it's a solid trinity that adequately reps the series.

Nowhere did I mention Falco's popularity in the Star Fox universe.

Sorry if this comes across as short/salty, I'm really not meaning it to. *thumbs up*
It is not irrelevant.
1) :falco: survived because he was popular with Tourney Playeres and was a :fox: 2.0. He did not survive any major decloning, the only main thing that :falco: does that is vastly different than :fox: is his :GCD::GCB:.

2) Sakurai also loves character's with original movesets.

3) Only if Krystal does not make the cut; otherwise, adios :falco:.

You don't come off as salty/short. You are only defending :falco:'s staying. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
@ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon Alright just making sure I cover my bases, you never know how people perceive text.
@ NoiseHERO NoiseHERO I totally agree, I would much rather have Slippy or someone than Krystal
@ xxEliteAlicexx xxEliteAlicexx What are you talking about, I thought it was pretty clear what I was talking about.

EDIT:
But if I need to make it clearer;

1.) Squirtle: He is likely out simply because Greninja is our water type pokemon and Charizard is standalone meaning it's more than likely that Pokemon trainer is got axed.
2.) Lucas: He is from a niche series (dig through this thread to see my articulated points on this) and this leak has already singled him out as being likely cut.
3.) Snake: The whole reason Snake got in was because Kojima asked Sakurai to put him in, I doubt Kojima has done that this time around so it's more than likely that Sakurai isn't going to bother putting him in.

I'm dropping wolf from this list because, the more I think about it, the more it seems like Sakurai will keep his trinity of Fox/Falco/Wolf because it's a solid one that reps Star Fox really well. Keeps tourney players happy, adds a villain (something Smash needs more of), and has a unique 3rd rep.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I'm fully believing that Wolf won't be cut due to the uniqueness of his moveset, but Mewtwo's moveset was also pretty unique. And we know what happened to him.

So, using "uniqueness of moveset" isn't exactly a bullet-proof reasoning for a character's chances of staying on the roster.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm fully believing that Wolf won't be cut due to the uniqueness of his moveset, but Mewtwo's moveset was also pretty unique. And we know what happened to him.

So, using "uniqueness of moveset" isn't exactly a bullet-proof reasoning for a character's chances of staying on the roster.
Not necessarily. Mewtwo was only cut because of lack of time for the game.

If Uniqueness of moveset is not a bullet-proof reason for characters to stay, then Falco is deader than Disco.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Yea Snake Has a very Unique moveset but it looks like he'll be cut same with Squirt and Ivy
EDIT : Again Jiggs and Kirby share too many similarities for them not be considered semi clones of each other same with Ganon And Falcon and Jiggs Falcon And Ganondorf are characters I don't see being Cut honestlly

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yea Snake Has a very Unique moveset but it looks like he'll be cut same with Squirt and Ivy
That is because of Snake's tricky situation with third party representative spots and how he advertises his games. Snake's biggest help is his 3DS game.

Squirtle suffers because of Greninja and the fact that many people want more Pokemon with diverse types.

Ivysaur is the only one that has a better chance than both Snake and Squirtle; however, his greatest opponents are Jigglypuff and Mewtwo.

EDIT : Again Jiggs and Kirby share too many similarities for them not be considered semi clones of each other same with Ganon And Falcon and Jiggs Falcon And Ganondorf are characters I don't see being Cut honestlly
Jigglypuff's only similarities with Kirby is the multiple jumps he/she gets and the fact they are puffballs.

Ganondorf is the Zelda series villain, the only things fans want is his own original moveset.

Both of Jigglypuff and Ganondorf's are vastly different than Falco.

Last edited:

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I wanna say a new starfox game being made might glue some security in starfox having 3 reps, but dunno when it was planned to make that new game, since apparently characters were decided early in.

To be honest I don't even like Wolf, but I see no problem with him staying. Just wouldn't want him over Falco who I DO like.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I wanna say a new starfox game being made might glue some security in starfox having 3 reps, but dunno when it was planned to make that new game, since apparently characters were decided early in.

To be honest I don't even like Wolf, but I see no problem with him staying. Just wouldn't want him over Falco who I DO like.
Falco's biggest worry is Krystal and Custom moves. I would rather not see him go either, but I will not ignore the threats that he faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom