• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
I hate to believe that leaks are real but this leak seems pretty real. But then again, it's not hard to make assumptions or guesses.

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
I hate to believe that leaks are real but this leak seems pretty real. But then again, it's not hard to make assumptions or guesses.
But it's hard to make 8 guesses and don't guess anything wrong, especially when you guess Wii Fit Trainer, the name Mii Fighters and Greninja

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
He did mention an X/Y Pokémon right before it was revealed. Even though he never mentined it by name, it's clear that he knew something
Mentioning Pokemon X/Y isn't really a guess since it's insanely predictable that one gen 6 (5? I don't even remember) pokemon would make an appearance. But yes, it is likely that this person knows something we don't for guessing so many characters.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
He did mention an X/Y Pokémon right before it was revealed. Even though he never mentined it by name, it's clear that he knew something
He probably did, but something that vague can't be credited to him. "Pokemon from x/y" could have easily been attributed to a Pokemon Trainer, one of 70 odd individual Pokemon or one of the new Mega Evolutions.

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Mentioning Pokemon X/Y isn't really a guess since it's insanely predictable that one gen 6 (5? I don't even remember) pokemon would make an appearance. But yes, it is likely that this person knows something we don't for guessing so many characters.
It's not insanely predictable. Very few people actually predicted an X/Y Pokémon (if I remember correctly, the most predicted X/Y contenders were Sylveon and Pokémon Trainer from Kalos). So, although I agree Greninja's guess isn't as strong of a proof that Sal is right as the others guesses, it's still a rather good evidence towards him being right

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Oh my gosh, there are people who are still disputing this leak and saying it's not real? Even though 8 out of 11 characters have been confirmed and not a single thing has been proven wrong?

Nope. I'm done. I'm done here. I can't handle that level of foolishness.

Peace.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Geez, you people will try to reject everything that doesn't fit YOUR vision of what Smash 4 will be.

Some stuff about this leak interested me, so here's my thoughts on a couple:

- Sal's tipper got most every character right thus far, though some characters were named differently that what was originally predicted. The only one that probably caught him off guard was Rosalina- I'm guessing the tipper got his hands on some documentation before all the newcomers were finally decided on. This doesn't necessarily mean we might get more newcomers than what the Gematsu leak gives us, but it is something to think about.

- The whole "Pokemon from X/Y" deal was probably what Sal's tipper got from roster documents before Greninja was actually settled on.

D

Deleted member

Geez, you people will try to reject everything that doesn't fit YOUR vision of what Smash 4 will be.

- Sal's tipper got most every character right thus far, though some characters were named differently that what was originally predicted. The only one that probably caught him off guard was Rosalina- I'm guessing the tipper got his hands on some documentation before all the newcomers were finally decided on. This doesn't necessarily mean we might get more newcomers than what the Gematsu leak gives us, but it is something to think about.

- The whole "Pokemon from X/Y" deal was probably what Sal's tipper got from roster documents before Greninja was actually settled on.
Greninja was decided very early on, which means the roster wasn't completed when the tipster saw the initial roster, either Rosalina was the only last minute addition or we're getting more than the leak says

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Except Sakurai said that all characters were decided at the start of production, including Greninja who appears to have been named in his concept art.

Last edited:

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Pokemon X & Y was referring to Greninja AND the Mega Evolutions. :troll:

I really do believe the leak, but I am waiting until the August Direct still for more stuff.

By September, you know that someone from Japan is going to post everything about the roster online which will solidify this once and for all... and then it won't matter anymore, whether right or wrong! XD

D

Deleted member 245254

Except Sakurai said that all characters were decided at the start of production, including Greninja who appears to have been named in his concept art.
You don't know the exact concept art Sakurai saw. That was years ago now.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
On the argument of the vague Pokemon X&Y leak. You are aware that Pokemon can be a plural term and technically there are other X&Y Pokemon playable in SSB4 (Mega Charizard and Mega Lucario.) Sorry if this has already been debunked, but it seems like a valid point.

But the guy has already "guessed" what 8 correctly and 0 wrong?
If it's so predictable where are the other leaks that "guessed" exactly the same thing with such accuracy?

I really could care less whether it's true or not in the end. The game is going to be awesome either way.
And debunking or proving the leak isn't going to change the character line up.
It's cool as a curiousity though.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
Man if mario kart 8 is getting Mercedes DLC we're so getting KFC DLC mario costumes.

I MEAN DLC CHARACTERS.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I know it's a very dry topic at this point; but I expect more characters than the leak.

I expect more villains and clones to be addressed, considering that clones, lack of female fighters, and the lack of villains were the major issues with Brawl's roster( to my understanding). Sakurai has addressed the ladies, as did the leak. The leak hinted at clones (albeit semi clones) with the Ness/Lucas thing. We only have two villains right now; Bowser and Dedede. We're missing Wario and Ganondorf (who have alot going for them), Wolf (overlap in the clone/semi clone area), and Metaknight. We have the Smash Direct trophies hinting at possible Zelda and Metroid newcomers, who very well be villains (I want Vaati, with all these wind moves and what not). There's the heavily teased Ridley, whether he is a boss or playable. We haven't seen many bosses. There's the Kremlings and the hope for K Rool.

It just seems like there has been so much more hinted at for us to only get the leak. It could be, but I feel like the leak is lacking in the villain department and that seemed to be something the would address since they heard the plea for female characters.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I'd totally take a semi Marth clone Lord Ghirahim.

I mean they're both lords.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
I know it's a very dry topic at this point; but I expect more characters than the leak.

I expect more villains and clones to be addressed, considering that clones, lack of female fighters, and the lack of villains were the major issues with Brawl's roster( to my understanding). Sakurai has addressed the ladies, as did the leak. The leak hinted at clones (albeit semi clones) with the Ness/Lucas thing. We only have two villains right now; Bowser and Dedede. We're missing Wario and Ganondorf (who have alot going for them), Wolf (overlap in the clone/semi clone area), and Metaknight. We have the Smash Direct trophies hinting at possible Zelda and Metroid newcomers, who very well be villains (I want Vaati, with all these wind moves and what not). There's the heavily teased Ridley, whether he is a boss or playable. We haven't seen many bosses. There's the Kremlings and the hope for K Rool.

It just seems like there has been so much more hinted at for us to only get the leak. It could be, but I feel like the leak is lacking in the villain department and that seemed to be something the would address since they heard the plea for female characters.
Just an FYI, Meta Knight is definitely NOT a villain. Wario is debatably

Last edited:

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
wario probably like chaotic neutral, but isn't DDD more like a rival? <_>

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wario is a Villain Protagonist really. I'd say he counts.

wario probably like chaotic neutral, but isn't DDD more like a rival? <_>
Dedede is the main antagonist of the Kirby series. In recent games he's more of a rival, but he's still the main antagonist of the series and he's basically extremely greedy regardless.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Furthering the need for villains when many people wouldn't consider Wario, MKnight, and Dedede full time villains. If the Robot Chicken bits of the Digital Event are anything to go by, along with the weird Dark Pit cameo (please dont be a separate character), the Ridley tease, and the Kremlings; the villains have been referenced but none given.

I'd expect at least one new villain, but the leak could be the end of things. Just feels like there are major holes left to fill.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Well Chorus Men AND Wii Fit are enough.
Chorus Men aren't confirmed (Yet), and Wii Fit Trainer could be him having gotten E3 specific information around that time.

There is room for doubt, but it's mostly wishful thinking for Chorus Men haters.

Last edited:

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
I see a lot of people saying that the leak could be just very accurate guesses. OK sure, extremely small chance if being guesses but the chance is still there.

HOWEVER

Everyone is ignoring another statistical variable in the chance the leak is a guess. Timing. What are the chances a person could accurately make those guesses AND make them in the correct order at the right time. The first leak made no mention of PacMan or Palutena, etc. instead we got leaks next to be revealed.

Hellooooo, that's practically impossible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I see a lot of people saying that the leak could be just very accurate guesses. OK sure, extremely small chance if being guesses but the chance is still there.

HOWEVER

Everyone is ignoring another statistical variable in the chance the leak is a guess. Timing. What are the chances a person could accurately make those guesses AND make them in the correct order at the right time. The first leak made no mention of PacMan or Palutena, etc. instead we got leaks next to be revealed.

He did mention Pac-Man in the first leak, there was no thing such as "timing"

HOWEVER

Not to split hairs, but the order was actually off. The initial rumor listed Pac-Man, Mii and Little Mac. Rosalina was unveiled before any of those three; and Greninja also broke the order, being unveiled between Mac and Mii.

Mac and Mii... Sounds like an awful live action Nickelodeon TV show.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
This is how I see it.. both sides of the argument have to explain how the holes in their side of the argument could have occurred.

The "Leak is real" side has to argue:
-Why was the villagers name wrong, when WFT's was spot on?
-Why were LM, Pacman, and Miis not revealed e3 2013, as the leak stated?
-Why was Greninja not named/described/anything. Why did we get "Pokemon from X & Y" instead?
-How did the leaker update the Mii Fighters name correctly, but miss "Goddess Palutena"?
-Why was Rosalina not included in the leak (and revealed before the 3)?

The "Leak is fake" side has to argue:
-How could the leaker know about Villager, WFT, and Megaman at e3 2013?
-How has the leaker not been wrong about any guesses?
-How did the leaker correctly get the names of WFT and Mii Fighters?
-Do the Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run mean anything?
-If so, how did the leaker know about Chorus Men? (pending Chorus Men actually being in)

Did I miss anything?

Last edited:

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
This is how I see it.. both sides of the argument have to explain how the holes in their side of the argument could have occurred.

-Why was Greninja not named/described/anything. Why did we get "Pokemon from X & Y" instead?
-How did the leaker update the Mii Fighters name correctly, but miss "Goddess Palutena"?

-If so, how did the leaker know about Chorus Men? (pending Chorus Men actually being in)

Did I miss anything?
Leak is real side only has to fight against nitpicking <_>

Leak is fake believers probably gave up.

Right now seems more like everyone's reached "this may as well be real, but wtf is going on behind all of it? and please give us more evidence that this not be all we're getting."

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Leak is real side only has to fight against nitpicking <_>

Leak is fake believers probably gave up.

Right now seems more like everyone's reached "this may as well be real, but wtf is going on behind all of it? and please give us more evidence that this not be all we're getting."
this....isn't helpful. I and others still fall into the "fake" camp. I even gave a realistic scenario that could have given the same results a few pages back.

I'm looking for serious replies here.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Not to split hairs, but the order was actually off. The initial rumor listed Pac-Man, Mii and Little Mac. Rosalina was unveiled before any of those three; and Greninja also broke the order, being unveiled between Mac and Mii.

Mac and Mii... Sounds like an awful live action Nickelodeon TV show.
Nah, Mac and Me is just this terrible ET rip off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Did I miss anything?
1- Early copy of the roster document
2- Early E3 plans, decided to change so they could be announced at other dates
3- Again, very early documents(Greninja was chosen at the start of XY's development)
4- I seriously don't know how to answer this, maybe bad translation
5- EARLY FREAKIN' DOCUMENTS!

1- To be honest, I predicted 2/3 before E3 2013
2- All aside from WFT can be considered "safe guesses", with Chorus Men being very hard to deconfirm
3- WFT is her name as far as I'm concerned and Mii fighters could probably be from that press kit
4- It means we have RH enemies in Smash Run, it''s like saying the Balloon Fighter stage confirms Balloon Fighter and Pilotwings confirms Pilotwings characters

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Nintendo Direct once every 2 months
Direct in August, October, December
3 Directs, 3 Unrevealed newcomers (Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Men), 3 Trailers
Every single newcomer has a trailer in some form
3DS and Wii U versions will both be out before Feb Direct.

Any questions

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo Direct once every 2 months
Direct in August, October, December
3 Directs, 3 Unrevealed newcomers (Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Men), 3 Trailers
Every single newcomer has a trailer in some form
3DS and Wii U versions will both be out before Feb Direct.

Any questions
Explain why do you expect reveals after the game's release

D

Deleted member

Wii U I guess.
To keep the hype even though you know all of the characters ?
Doesn't make any sense, I could see they doing this with Mewtwo(making him a hidden 3DS char and after the release revealing him), but it's really farfetched

D

Deleted member 245254

Did I miss anything?
The leak is real camp doesn't have to argue anything because the leak is real.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Explain why do you expect reveals after the game's release
It's proving my point that those three characters are all that are left, anyone that's expecting anyone more or different is setting themselves up for disappointment. With the 3DS version out only during the December direct there is still a possibility of getting a trailer then, however I'm very positive there will not be anymore trailers for anymore directs there on. The number of directs are limited, and so are the newcomers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom