• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
wow, I missed one heck of a discussion last couple of days.lol

I'm not absolutely dying for the SC smash scene to grow, (granted I haven't been around through alot of the changes in it,) but it would be nice =)

Roxy, I shall hit you up

Vague

Smash Rookie
It seems like I've missed a lot in my absence. I just read about twenty pages of discussion and I think I'm pretty much all caught up now. There's too much here that I want to comment on to even consider quoting, and besides the posts are days or even weeks old now, so I'll just say what I've got to say.

So SC Brawl is nonexistent now huh? That sucks. I know a lot of you say that Brawl sucks, but I still like it. Before Brawl I had never played Smash, so unfortunately I don't have the same point of view that you all do. All I know is that after my first week of playing Brawl all I wanted to do was find some people to play it with. Preferably so people who are better than me who can help me improve my game. It wasn't long after that that I discovered Smashboards and started reading and learning all that I could so that I could one day go to a tourney and at the very least not get 3 stocked by everyone there.

Now I come to find that I'm in the only state in the country that doesn't have a Brawl scene to speak of. That just makes me sad. I'll keep hoping though that something changes and that someway, somehow I'll finally get to play against another person that isn't connected to me via wifi.

And one last thing, though my opinion on the matter probably doesn't carry any weight, as someone who doesn't play MK I don't think he should be banned. He is beatable and I don't think anyone can really call himself pro unless he can go head to head with every character on the roster.

Edit: P.S. You guys make me feel old. :(

Lareit

Smash Ace
It seems like I've missed a lot in my absence. I just read about twenty pages of discussion and I think I'm pretty much all caught up now. There's too much here that I want to comment on to even consider quoting, and besides the posts are days or even weeks old now, so I'll just say what I've got to say.

So SC Brawl is nonexistent now huh? That sucks. I know a lot of you say that Brawl sucks, but I still like it. Before Brawl I had never played Smash, so unfortunately I don't have the same point of view that you all do. All I know is that after my first week of playing Brawl all I wanted to do was find some people to play it with. Preferably so people who are better than me who can help me improve my game. It wasn't long after that that I discovered Smashboards and started reading and learning all that I could so that I could one day go to a tourney and at the very least not get 3 stocked by everyone there.

Now I come to find that I'm in the only state in the country that doesn't have a Brawl scene to speak of. That just makes me sad. I'll keep hoping though that something changes and that someway, somehow I'll finally get to play against another person that isn't connected to me via wifi.

And one last thing, though my opinion on the matter probably doesn't carry any weight, as someone who doesn't play MK I don't think he should be banned. He is beatable and I don't think anyone can really call himself pro unless he can go head to head with every character on the roster.

How old are you. I'm doubtful I'm younger then you.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332

Haha. I would love to play with you sometime. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only SC players left that is craving a tournament. I main IC's and I'm in much ways the same situation you are in. I love to play brawl, but I don't have anywhere to play it near me. I'd be glad to teach you some things if we did end up playing. But not about MK...He should be banned....Always and Forever.

Vague

Smash Rookie
Haha. I would love to play with you sometime. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only SC players left that is craving a tournament. I main IC's and I'm in much ways the same situation you are in. I love to play brawl, but I don't have anywhere to play it near me. I'd be glad to teach you some things if we did end up playing. But not about MK...He should be banned....Always and Forever.
I'd love to see an SC tournament happen, but it seems there aren't more than a handful of SC players that still play Brawl. That is if this thread is any indication. And if it doesn't then I'd still love to play against you and anyone else that still plays Brawl around here. Where in SC are you? I'm in Taylors now, just about 5 minutes away from Greer and Greenville.

As for MK, maybe I'm just biased about MK because I'm better with TL than him. Like I've said before I've never played in a tournament so I don't know what it's like to play against someone who really knows how to use him.

How old are you. I'm doubtful I'm younger then you.
I'm 28.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Haha, Adam, he has you beat. I'm 14.

And I live in Charlotte actually. Only about 5 min from Rock Hill though. I'll talk to my parents about hosting a smashfest or something, but usually they say no.

Lareit

Smash Ace
I'd love to see an SC tournament happen, but it seems there aren't more than a handful of SC players that still play Brawl. That is if this thread is any indication. And if it doesn't then I'd still love to play against you and anyone else that still plays Brawl around here. Where in SC are you? I'm in Taylors now, just about 5 minutes away from Greer and Greenville.

As for MK, maybe I'm just biased about MK because I'm better with TL than him. Like I've said before I've never played in a tournament so I don't know what it's like to play against someone who really knows how to use him.

I'm 28.
Well ****, you do have me beat by a year.

Top Bottom