• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Darkfire150

Smash Cadet
I have no ideas :( We're still waiting on word of how much we're even paying. I will have A PLACE even if it isn't a condo. It will be in or close to Bluffton.

Purple

Hi guys!
d00d, We should get a new thread started for your "soon coming" weeklies. I think even though it's not a real venue, for the skae of helping you continue to pay for the condo/apartment/whichever you should have a fee

TheGreatBo

Smash Apprentice
Roxy why do you care so much about SC smash? No one in SC will travel to a tournament. Everyone lives near the tournament place that DJ is going to rent, that's why his place is like the only place that works cause it is less than 30mins away from everyone. The last new people we had came watched us play then said that they are going to get food and never came back. :-( our skill makes people run, we pro like that.

Purple

Hi guys!
I like the smash community and I like seeing communities grow. South Carolina has almost always been a 'bad' community, for the small amount of time I talked to Snap at Herb 3, he didn't realyl like what SC had to offer, hence why he likes NC so much. Fact of the matter is, you guys aren't really all that good.. You guys getting big not only benefits yourselves, but benefits us. You guys have a consistent tournament to go to where you guys can get better amongst yourselves, plus if it gets big enough, we'll be willing to go up there as well. YOu can get what AL, GA, and maybe even what FL has to offer when it comes to characters like Luigi, PT, Snake, MK, Falco, D3, etc. etc.

In the end you guys really don't have a logical reason not to expand your community, even playing Brawl+ or - for ****s and giggles, you can do that just as much, even MORE with your community being expanded.

I don't really know what to say about those guys leaving when you brought new players, Some people just aren't into the competitive scene like you guys are, but that doesn't mean stop, you guys might find the next m2k at a high school or something. :'/

Darkfire150

Smash Cadet
With all due respect Bo, I never back down from anyone. Idc if that person is a scrub or m2k. I'll do whatever I can do to help SC smash bc I'm going to be living there, and I want to smash. I'll drive wherever I have to, or I'll hold them at my place. It doesn't matter to me, I'm not trying to step on anyones toes.

Purple

Hi guys!
Just curious, why are you guys so lazy? You guys can just do monthlies at Darkfire's so you don't have to spend money constantly..

Also, there's no harm in doing both tournaments, it's more experience.

TheGreatBo

Smash Apprentice
Fact of the matter is, you guys aren't really all that good.
That's just mean. :-( The fact is SC won't get big, but I don't mind I'm happy with the people we have. I'd like SC to stay the way we are gaining people here and there would be okay I guess but I prefer SC being small but we are not bad. None of us are M2K, or even Big Lou skill wise. But we are not as bad as people think we are. But it's good I guess that you are trying to help, but nothing will change.

Edit: The place that DJ will be getting is free and is really nice a freaking movie theater. He just has to beat up the people that rent it before him.

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
I find that idea to be epic :) Are you on FB? lets talk about it there. I has no AIM or Yahoo because I'm on my Gf's laptop.
Blufton is in the lower half of SC, pretty close to GA. the WABA monthlies are probably pretty close to you actually. But dude, add me on facebook too, so we can talk about my tournament and stuff. facebook.com/dillspank

Darkfire150

Smash Cadet
Blufton is in the lower half of SC, pretty close to GA. the WABA monthlies are probably pretty close to you actually. But dude, add me on facebook too, so we can talk about my tournament and stuff. facebook.com/dillspank
I added you :) Like I said, I just want to do what I can to help the community. If me holding tourneys will help, great. If helping you run yours helps, great. If no one needs my help, no problem. I just want to help us get bigger and better as a state :)

Purple

Hi guys!
That's just mean. :-( The fact is SC won't get big, but I don't mind I'm happy with the people we have. I'd like SC to stay the way we are gaining people here and there would be okay I guess but I prefer SC being small but we are not bad. None of us are M2K, or even Big Lou skill wise. But we are not as bad as people think we are. But it's good I guess that you are trying to help, but nothing will change.

Edit: The place that DJ will be getting is free and is really nice a freaking movie theater. He just has to beat up the people that rent it before him.
Ah, I see. If you all are seriously okay with keeping your community the way it is, and being casual, then I really have no reason to start up tourneys or support ga+sc events :urg:.

And I don't retract my statement about you guys being bad, fact is almost all of you (who are important) came to GA one tournament and got outplaced by umby, granted he's not a 'bad' player, but he's not ranked either (excluding devin, I think you all got outplaced).

Fact is, When it comes to competitive to casual scale, you guys are really good. however comparing competitive to competitive, you guys aren't.

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I see. If you all are seriously okay with keeping your community the way it is, and being casual, then I really have no reason to start up tourneys or support ga+sc events :urg:.

And I don't retract my statement about you guys being bad, fact is almost all of you (who are important) came to GA one tournament and got outplaced by umby, granted he's not a 'bad' player, but he's not ranked either (excluding devin, I think you all got outplaced).

Fact is, When it comes to competitive to casual scale, you guys are really good. however comparing competitive to competitive, you guys aren't.
tl;dr version: SC, u bad. u mad?

Purple

Hi guys!
Anyways, this is what I was wanting to write for the Border Smash / South Carolina Revival Tournament.

South Carolina is slowly on the decline in the competitive smash scene. From players quitting smash 64, melee, and brawl, to players moving to North Carolina or Georgia for a more competitive scene; South Carolina is dying quickly, and with it, a bit of our smash community is going away. South Carolina has the potential to become a great state, with great players, but with greatness comes with work and dedication. These tournaments are meant to support the idea of not only growing South Carolina stronger, but bringing strength to the ATL South community as a whole.

In these tournaments we will grow stronger and smarter. We will learn about our colleagues and create some of the strongest teams conceivable for any of the smash series. But most of all, we will have fun. Having a good time is the foundation for why we came to smashboards, but think for a moment " why come to smashboards just to have fun when we can do that on our own?" Because you all wanted to get better, you all wanted to learn. Whether you like it or not, the competitive aspect of the game is what brought you here. We will become a part of the constantly growing family, who trains themselves to become better players, all while having a good time and enjoying each other's company. South Carolina needs a jump-start back into the scene, and this summer is the time to do it.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Great players?
me?
oh.....
*glances at EverlastingYay*
... ****

/Melee depression

I'm glad Roxy is in here trying to help something many would consider a lost cause. My time is pretty much through - do you know I drove packs of SC players to 11 Georgia tournaments? All on my own gas money because everyone else was broke/lazy and I really wanted us to get out there and be somebody... I put in way too much than I care to think about into SC Melee...
Brawl has more potential in SC, IMO. Finding people is mighty difficult. There's just something about the sort of people who are natural SC folks that just... don't... do smash. And we're all pretty lazy, xD.

With all due respect Bo, I never back down from anyone. Idc if that person is a scrub or m2k. I'll do whatever I can do to help SC smash bc I'm going to be living there, and I want to smash. I'll drive wherever I have to, or I'll hold them at my place. It doesn't matter to me, I'm not trying to step on anyones toes.
you are the ****ing MAN dude, lol, I love this post, and I love this mindset! **** I'll even play Brawl with you for that ........... just don't count on anything good coming from me, lol.

Darkfire150

Smash Cadet
Thank you guys :) :) That means alot :) :) :) :) I was just raised that way. You can get beat. You can get stomped out and embarrassed. You can even get boo'd and doubted. But I gurantee you this: if M2K or the worst player in SC said I want to MM you with "X" character against your MK/Lucario, the answer would be the same. Where, when, and how much? ;)

@ TRC: If you want to get better at Brawl, I can help... but only if you help me in Melee ;) Thank you for the compliment :) :) :)

@ Roxy: Thank you :) :) :) Lets save SC Smash :)

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
for the small amount of time I talked to Snap at Herb 3, he didn't realyl like what SC had to offer,
WELP, roxy i like what sc has to offer in the form of 4 guys, Adam, (Lariet), Devin, Bo, and Kale.(as far as brawl goes, TRC knows i think hes just...wonderful;) ) If there were more players like that in SC, Id believe what you say when you say SC can be great. But quite frankly there isnt. We had a good sprint during the "DJ" Era, we recruited local, got a few new people. Times were good and we were growing. but that stopped, turnouts got smaller and smaller. and before long we only had one kid willing to learn anything, (Alex Zellers) And now that kid is taking games off rag in tournament. so i mean. its not like its a lost cause. its just rare that we get anyone willing to stick it out.

dont get me wrong, we did our part, we made tournaments fun and ****. I did my best along with devin and bo to make sure everything ran smooth and enjoyable.

As far as melee goes, we have a few good dudes, but we just aint got together yet.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Im saying we have the tools, Dj could host again, we could grow again.

I used to be most hopeful mother ****er in the world about our state haha. ask devin and bo. i used to always be like "nah guys were going to break a 16 man bracket" haha

Purple

Hi guys!
Alright well, I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread. Too much super hate bros going on. If you guys are interested in setting up a new thread, a new system of recruitment, etc. etc. Hit me on via PM. I'm actually kind of interested to see how many people will actually hit me up for info lol.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Great players?
me?
oh.....
*glances at EverlastingYay*
... ****

/Melee depression

Next time I see you TRC, we're MM'ing.
:bee:

nonTLDR version: Everyone in SC is apathetic about tournaments, and our scene is horrible. It's called man up and go to the NC or GA tournaments. There is no scene here. It's not worth it. You can play with the same average people in SC in Brawl and remain unremarkable to the rest of the world if you want. It's a waste of time.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I wish I played Young Link still... wish I lived in Columbia and played regularly with Dill/Ramz but... I don't : (

@Brandon are we doing some goofy stages? Fourside? MushKing2? Just wondering :p

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Next time I see you TRC, we're MM'ing.
:bee:

nonTLDR version: Everyone in SC is apathetic about tournaments, and our scene is horrible. It's called man up and go to the NC or GA tournaments. There is no scene here. It's not worth it. You can play with the same average people in SC in Brawl and remain unremarkable to the rest of the world if you want. It's a waste of time.
damm crio. haven't seen you in a minute.

still repping ganon?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Maybe it's the prozac in me but that Ganon ditto on Venom sounds ****ing phenomenal

@ Roxy - no lie, I actually said "mother of god" just like he does in that movie when I read that, before I saw your picture. Then again, I say that a lot :D

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Maybe it's the prozac in me but that Ganon ditto on Venom sounds ****ing phenomenal

@ Roxy - no lie, I actually said "mother of god" just like he does in that movie when I read that, before I saw your picture. Then again, I say that a lot :D
i would say it too if i had to money match me there.

Top Bottom