• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
anyone wanna play some melee today? I'm getting withdrawal symptoms, and wanna try some of this broken-*** ntsc stuff

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
So to get a little ahead of myself I wanted to propose a question to SC smash and for the rest of the Atlantic South. However, I first want to get the interest of my brethren here. For the past three years I have hosted a tournament around Christmas time at my house that have ranged from successful to more of a gathering. I am considering trying to kick it up a notch this time around.

What I am proposing is the first large scale SC smash tournament since, well since I can remember. I have no problem with helping with the organization but since I do not reside in the grand state of South Carolina year round I will need at least one co-host with the most to help out. Here are the stipulations,

1.) I need someone in the area to help scout some places out.
2.) I am not against having a brawl/melee tournament if people are willing
3.) Hot **** will I need set ups, I can provide a lot but I will need more.
4.) If it happens that means SC needs to have a more active role out of state in the surrounding areas to gather hype.
5.) I want to keep the tournament in SC, we may not have top players but this is still one of my favorite communities in smash.
6.) My goal for a success is around 50ish people but I would like to plan for more.

I have been doing this for a few years now but I need someone who will take it as serious as I will. It has been long enough that we should have a decent sized tournament. I also just want to hang out with my friends also.

Let me know what you think

P.S.
I would also like to have a SSF4 tournament so I can take peoples money for free :p .

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
played a bit with the Englishman yesterday. He's got pretty solid tech skill and is pretty good with a few different characters. Falco/Falcon/Sheik.

My new favorite matchup is fox/falco.

Also learned that fox is my best character

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
played a bit with the Englishman yesterday. He's got pretty solid tech skill and is pretty good with a few different characters. Falco/Falcon/Sheik.

3/4 stocked in falcon dittos. THAT IS ALL THAT IS IMPORTANT

seriously, good **** tho. Play you more in a bit!

so smashfest at my house this saturday

if you're cool
but you know
it's charleston so
that's like a hundred miles :/

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I went down to their lil game room once when I was there. this one dude was playin Brawl by himself. said he was like the best (lol) and of course I dominated him with Meta Knight by spamming air moves randomly. those homo's. should be easy money guys.

budahboi

Smash Apprentice

wth shoot me a text next time dude.

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
XD, I just looked at the Brawl bracket form MLG Raleigh and the brawl****** at USC that's always in the gameroom when I wanna play guitar hero and thinks he's hot **** didn't even take a single set in the bracket. Eat **** and quit life.

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
oh yeah btw columbia/usc guys i have a setup but only one controller, so i can bring it somewhere if yall got controllers.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Knida. But the REAL truth is...We all live a BAJILLION MILES AWAY from each other...and people can't drive or are not willing to travel far within the state.....but they'll go to NC >_>

Top Bottom