• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
If you quit bitching so much and just play melee to play melee.

Speaking of which, play melee thursday.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Snap, quit playing melee like you're accomplishing a means to an end. The goal isn't to get better, but it's the only thing you're aiming for, and it might very well be blinding you. Just play the **** game to enjoy it, and getting better comes naturally.

TRC?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i disagree brandon. i played melee for the enjoyment for like 3 years and always sucked ****. then i started playing brawl to get better and now im like 50x better in melee.

so backwards.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
yeah I'm talking about Savannah Georgia. Articanus and Druggedfox specifically. (did teams vs me and John) we lost majority of the time.

Articanus' Mewtwo is really, really ****ing good by the way. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I disagree. I think that playing only with a focus to get better is narrowing your vision, and limiting you as a player. Playing to excel is great and all, but at the end of the day it's a ****ing game. Have fun with it.

Purple

Hi guys!
I disagree. I think that playing only with a focus to get better is narrowing your vision, and limiting you as a player. Playing to excel is great and all, but at the end of the day it's a ****ing game. Have fun with it.
Not exactly, if you're playing it competitively, it becomes a job more than it does a fun game. But at that point, if you're playing competitively, you should be enjoying the competitive scene. If you don't enjoy the competitive scene, stop playing.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Well, I am def dropping Melee at some point for Starcraft II, but that's not quite happening yet. It'll take me a long time to be able to play Starcraft the way I want to, plus I need a new computer cause mine is balls. As for Melee - there is just no one to play against regularly, and whilst I've done that for so long... playing the GA guys again reminded me of how slow I've become and how inaccurate and... I just don't have the time and competition to keep it up.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
It is true that people are needed to play melee. When im not playing melee, I like to play blazeblue and guilty with friends. I can't wait for blaz to come out next month. I'll have that ps3 and the converter 2 weeks before it drops

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I play League of Legends and it's awesome.

That's all I have to contribute. Except to say that I'm awesome by proxy.

Also, since Yay is considered NC now for PR's, that makes me the hypothetical #1 / #2 in SC.

Lareit

Smash Ace
I play League of Legends and it's awesome.

That's all I have to contribute. Except to say that I'm awesome by proxy.

Also, since Yay is considered NC now for PR's, that makes me the hypothetical #1 / #2 in SC.
LoL was indeed awsome, till I got sick of having to carry my team.

Can't carry a team as Cho'Gath.....

There's formula for failure somewhere in those two statements.

I no longer like LoL

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
LoL was indeed awsome, till I got sick of having to carry my team.

Can't carry a team as Cho'Gath.....

There's formula for failure somewhere in those two statements.

I no longer like LoL
But Cho'Gath is AMAZING.

Warmog's + Sunfire (add however many you want of these) + Atma's = Anger Fist of million foot tall Cho Gath.

I also like Singed, Teemo, Veigar, Nasus, Gragas.

They've been adding alot of new Champions lately, and overall balancing the game really well, you should play it again Adam. I need people to play with.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Also, DP

and TvC is good...as in fun...

So MvC 3 is gonna be just as good if not better IMO
You have no idea how much MvC3 is looking like TvC2 and it's pissing me off to the fullest, and then the TvC fags have the nerve to tell me I'm afraid of change. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I just wnt Marvel to play like Marvel, if I wanted to play TvC.............I FUCKING WOULD!

Purple

Hi guys!
The game is meant to get mvc fans and tvc fans alike, you're going to have to get over that. the 2d gaming genre is practically gone.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Please give me a reason this should cater to TvC fans. It's not like they had two games come out in the past two years while Marvel fans waited a decade for a new installment.

Lareit

Smash Ace
But Cho'Gath is AMAZING.

Warmog's + Sunfire (add however many you want of these) + Atma's = Anger Fist of million foot tall Cho Gath.

I also like Singed, Teemo, Veigar, Nasus, Gragas.

They've been adding alot of new Champions lately, and overall balancing the game really well, you should play it again Adam. I need people to play with.
Devin play's or used to, if you two can get over your animosity.

Jaron(thunder) play's
Bo play's

and yeah i havn't play'd since that 2nd ninja was added, and chogath, while awsome, can't carry a team.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
You have no idea how much MvC3 is looking like TvC2 and it's pissing me off to the fullest, and then the TvC fags have the nerve to tell me I'm afraid of change. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I just wnt Marvel to play like Marvel, if I wanted to play TvC.............I FUCKING WOULD!
As long as you don't work for Capcom...then you can't control that...

either play the game or don't, simple as that lol

IMO, I like it. Fast paced action...and simple fun gameplay like smash

I'm SURE you knew this, but the VS Series is not a SERIOUS SFIV style game in capcoms eyes, so when they made TvC it was to test the new gameplay mechanic...once they found out how well it worked...the said *** it...all the VS games will play just like this, 3 button fighting system...simple yet fun

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
It should still be like Marvel, my dude.

Like, if a KoF game got changed to pay like SF would you really expect the KoF fans to NOT be pissed? They would be hella pissed but for some reason I thinkCapcom can pull this one out of thier a$$.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I don't see the problem. To me Marvel vs Capcom tried to be too much like Street Fighter...

Even though they really wanted this VS series to be it's own game...It will still be Marvel...just an easier way to play it.

Capcom is basically saying if you want difficulty and character specifics. Play street fighter IV

If you want easy fun and high octane action...play MvC 3/TvC -- I'm gonna play it regardless

I'm sure if KoF changed sure the fans might start off upset, but who knows since KoF is all reasy team based and has NEVER been one on one like SF...they might get used to it

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
What? Marvel never played like SF. LOL

Ultra rushdown, brokeness and ******** cross ups and combos is Marvel.

Turtling, fireball wars, zoning, and strategic play is SF.

They're nothing a like.

Marvel and TvC are two diffent games, just like CvS and Marvel. COMPLETLY DIFFERENT.

Where did you get this "vs games were ment tobe easy" from? xmvssf wasn't easy, MvC1 wasn't, MvC2 wasn't, why should MvC3?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
And you seem like you're a casual Marvel player, which is cool. The new controls will tend to non-competitive players, so I'm goin to stop arguing.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I'm just having an fun coversation with you...I don't see it as arguing...hell I'm not trying to, Just two people throwing opinions back and forth...but aight

Agree to Disagree

Top Bottom