• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I agree with that, really I could care less about motion control...nothing will ever replace a controller...

Plus, all this started because of Nintendo Wii, but I look forward to some of the more classic name games coming out (Kid Icarus, Kirby, Goldeneye ect...)

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Seriously I was disgusted by what Microsoft displayed. I'm hyped for Gears 3 but that comes out next year. MGS isn't a system exclusive and it doesn't look like the traditional Metal Gear gameplay. I'm not a big Halo fan so I'm avoiding Reach. I don't like Call of Duty (its the Madden of shooting games).

Basically they only have 1 exclusive game being released this year.

Kinect sucks in so many ways that I can go into a diatribe about it. The animal game is a blatant Nintendogs rip off and looks cheesy. Its not really simulating owning a real pet like Nintendogs as much as a cartoon animal which sucks because the pets need to be more realistic. The other games are obvious Wii ripoffs

Kinect sports = Wii sports
Kinect fit = wii fit
That go kart racing game that looked sloppy = Mario Kart (except not sloppy)
That rail game that looked stupid = Wii sports resort (except not stupid)

The only game that looks interesting is the dance game. I say this because the game may support custom soundtracks (I want to dance to my own music).

Plus I just realized something about that fit game. How can a camera tell you how many calories you burned just by looking at you? At least with the balance board it make sense but it doesn't for Kinect.
At the end of the day, you know you're press conference sucks when people are more excited for getting free stuff instead of the presentation itself.

(I'm jealous they gave away free 360 slims)
just re-quoting myself lol

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I oppose the MGS opinion but that's just me. I know it's not a PS3 exclusive but exclusives are one step away from dying...it make more money to put it on all consoles (hardcore consloes, 360:pS3 only)

But I still look forward to it because, Hideo knows how to make a Metal Gear game and the story is outstanding!!! lol

Beyond that I agree with everything else

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
dota is pretty good. sc is way too hard
have u tried HoN????? it's amazing!

I'm quiting Smash for Marvel, there's just no players here...
i don't blame u at all, though i can't say the same for myself. I do like playing TvC however...
But Cho'Gath is AMAZING.

Warmog's + Sunfire (add however many you want of these) + Atma's = Anger Fist of million foot tall Cho Gath.

I also like Singed, Teemo, Veigar, Nasus, Gragas.

They've been adding alot of new Champions lately, and overall balancing the game really well, you should play it again Adam. I need people to play with.
One again, HoN....anyone played it, bought it, or plan on buying it? it's just too good.....

To the guy that's always at corner magic when I'm not there: I'm available tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday. So get at me with ur peach.

Also, now that I have a job, I can afford to do stuff so when is the next brawl thingy?

SamaT

Smash Rookie
I oppose the MGS opinion but that's just me. I know it's not a PS3 exclusive but exclusives are one step away from dying...it make more money to put it on all consoles (hardcore consloes, 360:pS3 only)

But I still look forward to it because, Hideo knows how to make a Metal Gear game and the story is outstanding!!! lol

Beyond that I agree with everything else
Hideo passed the project on to some other guy. If he's anywhere near as good as Kojima then the game should be fine.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
One again, HoN....anyone played it, bought it, or plan on buying it? it's just too good.....
No thanks, I'd rather play the clone of the game that came out years ago that's free instead of the clone of the game that came out years ago that costs money.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
You got the wrong state buddy. Sorry.

Spank That Dill attends the University of South Carolina.
I used to live there so I go there (somewhat) frequently. (Charleston currently. and unfortunately)

you're in luck though, sorta. This Saturday there is an event. Check the other threads (made by Yoshido)
There will be Melee. I know Dill and Yoshido and myself and at least one other will all be there. Not certain on the others.

Hope you can make it out to the event sir, if you need a ride tell us, someone will help you out

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275770

there's the thread for ya boss

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
No thanks, I'd rather play the clone of the game that came out years ago that's free instead of the clone of the game that came out years ago that costs money.
aw, that's to bad. I wish you could be another person I'd be playing with. I played it waaaay too much during open beta, stopped cold turkey when beta was done because I didn't wanna pay for it, then I got word that all my FL & CA friends bought the damn game so now I have to. can't wait to play it again though.

sorry for not asking earlier, but where will this brawl event be taking place as well as the time? a link to the thread would be great if it's posted. thanks.

coolklm121

Smash Cadet
Yeah I know SC ain't gonna be like FL for smash, but smash will always exist in the hearts and minds of the righteous. I will absolutely be at that tournament this saturday. I can bring melee, a wii + memory card, and a tv if necessary. i'll post in the tourney thread.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Yay if you show up I'm gonna beat you up >:o (not in-game, obviously)

(it's like your location and custom title are speaking to me)

(brb, gonna go drink salt water to prepare myself for this)

coolklm121

Smash Cadet
everlasting yayyuuhs yes i playz falcon, i also playz just about every other character, been smashin for a LOOOOONNNNNG time. why do you ask?

Top Bottom