• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Meh, not that you could really tell them as anything special.

I also want to see Bloody Brad twins, Twin Shot, Night Sight and perhaps Coward Duck as ATs. They'd be **** awesome. Better than Otacon, or Liquid or most of FOXHOUND for random AT appearances that make people go HOLY CRAP!

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Alternate costumes!

AC!D: It's got puffier pants, longer, more badass hair and he overall looks more buffed.

AC!D 2: Easily my favourite alternate costume.

Metal Gear: Wow, he doesn't look like Snake. He's supposed to look a bit like Sylvester Stallone.

Ape Escape 3: Oh yes, he's a monkey. Okay, so that's actually Pipo Snake, a monkey loaded with all of Snake's tactical data and thus theoretically capable of the same battle stunts. Snake assists him via codec, and apparently doesn't wear a shirt for this appearance.

Snake was also in Boktai 2 and 3, but I haven't found pics of that, due to it being a small cameo. He appears in Evolution Skateboarding and DreamMix TV World Fighters also, but in those he wears his Sons of Liberty outfit.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
yeah I cant bring myself to buy a psp, but now there are SO many games I wanna play for it. MGSA 1-2, God of War, 300 (even though it looks crappy) FF7 Crisis Core. Back on Topic.

Blue-Default,
Green-MGS3 Big Boss
Red - red cast of default uni
Black - Sneaking Suit from MGS3
White - I dunno.... Banana w/ monkey mask?

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I don't own a PSP either. I therefore was forced to watch all the MPO cutscenes on Youtube :laugh:

I completely agree with you VL on the classic characters. It'd be awesome to see the NES MG characters in 3D (or how Kojima would put it..."Solid"). Twin Shot especially because they, along with the super cpu, only appeared in the NES version of MG. However, I doubt the supercomputer will be playable :psycho:.

I also was thinking about creating a moveset for Pipo Snake who uses his fruit and such for weapons. He'd combine 2 Konami franchises into one character, whats not to like about that!

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
i dont own the PSP, its my brothers and he dosnt use it so i use it sometimes.
but anyways, Banana camo is awesome. and the monkey mask, eets cool.
but i do wonder what his costumes will be like, i hope there actual costumes instead of color variations(i think like 50 people already said this before me but, eh, it reminds us what were taling about) and seeing some NES MG stuff would be awesome, although I've never played one, it would be interesting(in AC!D they have MG cards!) so ive seen enogh of the Original MG to know whats coming....

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I propose:

1: Sneaking Suit
2: Sneaking Suit w/ Diving Gear (I swear, I cannot find a shot of the Twin Snakes version of this...)
3: Navy SEAL Uniform
4: Tuxedo
5: Octo-Camo + Solid-Sight System
6: Classic Snake(He doesn't actually look like anything like that in Snake's Revenge, so I'd combine aspects of that cover art with the original Metal Gear art, to make it distinct from the Navy SEAL uniform)
7: AC!D Costume
8: Bad-a$$ AC!D 2 Costume
9: Orange Overalls (Unlockable)
10: Pipo Snake (Unlockable)

Seriously, that costume set would be awesome. Obviously, Old Snake is not so likely, since GotP is, for the moment at least, still apparently a PS3 exclusive. If it proves impossible, then I'd replace it with Shirtless Snake, as seen in the torture scenes.

Killer Tree

Smash Journeyman

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hopefully we have better alt. costumes this time around. i would love to see all the diffrent variations of characters, especially snake, instead of the old red, blue, green color scheme

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
That would take a lot of modeling.... and animations (although they have wire frames for each character) but it would be awesome.
And btw, AWESOMENESS UPDATE EVAR!!!!!
It confirmed Peach(at least we hope it did) and a new 1p. mode!
And it said it integrated everyone with there own unique game line, which means.....
SNAKE WILL HAVE HIS OWN STORY!!!!!
And it also said it had a lot of appearances of characters from the series which means...
MORE MGS CHARACTER CAMEOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love brawl even more so.
So that means ALL of the MGS characters have a chance to at least appear in brawl in the story mode,
And if any of you guys played Action Replay on the GC version(to play as GIGA Bowser of course) then that means that MGS characters would most likely be playable with AR!!!!
but I'm getting too ahead of myself......

chansen

Smash Lord
I really only care if he smokes or not in SSBB, its not that I dont care about anything else. MGS is probably my favorite series ever, and I know that snake is going to be a total hard *** regardless. He is only complete when his favorite brand is hanging from his lip...steadying his aim.

Tomotoya

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anyone has noticed this or not (heck, I could just be seeing things...and this probably isn't the right thread), but in the 2nd Nintendo trailer (from November), I believe it shows Snake wavedashing.

I'm not trying to spark anything, but I can't think what else it would be.

Anyway....In the part of the trailer where Snake is fighting Pit (right after it shows him crawling with Wario), he uses what seems to be a U-tilt.

He then appears to do a backward roll, but then slides forward before using what some believe to be his D-smash (RPG launcher).

The sliding forward is noticable in my opinion, and I don't think it's caused by the RPG. It also has the "smoke clouds" that often accompany a wavedash.

So....to sum up, I don't know if I'm crying wolf or not, but I figure it seemed worth taking a look at.
Does anybody have a way to slow down the video and definitively see if the sliding is caused by the RPG and if he is pulling the RPG out while sliding?

What do you think?

SBD

Smash Rookie
i really hope they give him his MK23 SOCOM tat would be cool :enforcer:

Maybe a necksnap kind of move from behind

Unloading on enemies with metal gear for final smash? Or maybe calling for backup they come in from choppers and shoot the crap outta everyone

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok that post fails since sakurai mentioned to real world weapons, and I highly Doubt we'll see snake snapping pikachus neck any time soon XD...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
How long will Sakurai wait to reveal Snake to us? It's interesting that he started intoducing new characters before all the previously known characters.
He probably won't for a long time. Snake is going to be an unlockable character and was probably only shown in the 2006 trailer to show that there will be 3rd party characters.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys, didn't realize I should have just put this up in here instead of making a seperate thread.

To the thread starter, I guess you can edit your first post and throw this in there to add on to moves we know of.

Shuma

Smash Hero
How long will Sakurai wait to reveal Snake to us? It's interesting that he started intoducing new characters before all the previously known characters.
He didn't. IIRC he wasn't working in Brawl when Snake was announced.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
snakes gonna be a secret character
his final smash- he immediatley hides in box while a metal gear shows up and ****s everything up
his taunt- he'll tighten his bandanna and then say "SHOW TIME"

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
You've probably heard of the alternate costumes theory. If this hold up in brawl, snake should totally have old snake MGS4 style as an extra costume. Complete with solid-eye, super eyepatch.......with a built-in laser-beam!!!

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
That, or the "hmm" rubbing of the beard.

Crap, when he goes for his chin you better run for cover then!

Honestly, he can confirm Snake whenever he wants. What difference does it make if we already know about him (besides new Snake pics) :). I'm sure like most others have said that we won't be seeing the highly anticipated updates until around Novemberish (assuming these daily updates last through the release).

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I don't think Snake's going to have a neck-snap move - that doesn't really fit with the light hearted atmosphere of Smash. I'd personally rather see some CQC techniques for his grab moves anyway.

I do beieve he will have more weapons though, despite Sakurai saying he doesn't want them. He's still got a gun holstered on his side if you look, and I think that an RPG also says something.

Maybe not GUN guns, but maybe something like his tranquilizer?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
About time I find this thread. <_< Anyways, I'm guessing he'll use primaraly CQC [Close Quarters Combat] techniques, as well as a few other techniques, original and from the Metal Gear Series. BTW, Solid Snake's MGS1/Twin Snakes look should be a alternate costume, along with his MGS4 look [old guy], Big Boss' MGS3 and MGS: Portable Ops look, as well as Snake's Metal Gear AC!D look. :) Maybe his classic Metal Gear look [stolen off of Sean Connery] just for kicks! :laugh:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
it sure would be nice to see the new MGS4 look for him but I think it's unlikely, as for his moves I'm guessing stealth/ninja like moves but I guess it will be a while until we find out because he'll probably be an unlockable :(

Top Bottom