• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
It would be nice for him to be a character, but the likelihood of him being one is small, of course I'm not saying that thats a bad thing, if he does in-fact make the cut that would be interesting to play as him. But think of the Developers time frame from now 'til December 3rd, thats just...
well, a deadline!, and usual games are most likely done before the deadline, so that might give them less time also.....
so think of it like this, would you have Gray fox instead of.... lets say another character that could make it in? and theres also the 40 character limit or something like that.....

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
It would be nice for him to be a character, but the likelihood of him being one is small, of course I'm not saying that thats a bad thing, if he does in-fact make the cut that would be interesting to play as him. But think of the Developers time frame from now 'til December 3rd, thats just...
well, a line!, and usual games are most likely done before the line, so that might give them less time also.....
so think of it like this, would you have Gray fox instead of.... lets say another character that could make it in? and theres also the 40 character limit or something like that.....

Think back to the first trailer at last years E3. They seemed pretty far along to me. :shrug:

Anyway, I'm not sure what the character cap is. My threory, the more the merrier. But Grey Fox as a character would be hella fun. :) Would I want him over another character? Depends. Who's he conflicting with?

Agreed, they have a line, but I don't think it'll be a problem. Not saying they should add him, but characters can come and go as they please in Sakurai's world. ;)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Gray fox is going to make a appearance some where....
as so does Metal Gear. but wouldn't it be great if Mantis would read you Memory?
looks like you like playing Wii SPORTS!!!!!!
what if mantis could make the screen black with hideo in the corner, just like in the original?

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
:laugh: :estatic: :rotfl: :joyful: :roll: :smash:
yeah, that was classic...
but what other appearances would other characters have, and what will that impact upon the game?
and also will snake have 2 stages(as opposed to what i said before) because Ness got 2 stages in Melee, and he is not at all important(sorry to those Ness for Brawl supporters out there.)
but LOZ had 2 stages but 5 character(including sheik) i don't know what the stage system will be either, and will they bring over classics such as Dk 64 or like Hyrule(from Melee) but thats getting WAY too off topic...

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
:laugh: :estatic: :rotfl: :joyful: :roll: :smash:
yeah, that was classic...
but what other appearances would other characters have, and what will that impact upon the game?
and also will snake have 2 stages(as opposed to what i said before) because Ness got 2 stages in Melee, and he is not at all important(sorry to those Ness for Brawl supporters out there.)
but LOZ had 2 stages but 5 character(including sheik) i don't know what the stage system will be either, and will they bring over classics such as Dk 64 or like Hyrule(from Melee) but thats getting WAY too off topic...
Still on topic. Brawl discussion, yo. ;)

Well, I still support the theory that 2 stages=possible 2+characters.

That theory is a little flawed, though.

I'd like past stages. I'd like past characters too. ;) Example; TP Ganondorf, and maybe melee Ganondorf, ya know? Probably won't happen though.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
well i rather have Gray Fox as a character than sonic
I can quite agree with you on that, but i have to say if sonic is in it, we get to pumble him.:laugh:

now to the post above me(i hope)
Mario has like 5 stages man. Mario's 2 stages Peaches 2 stages and Mario's "secret' stage which is most likely they will have more for him on this game.
and that is a quite interesting thought, they could make alternate reality characters, like O D I N said, but that would take too much time and programming, i would like to see it though, I'm good with Gannon (Melee)

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I can quite agree with you on that, but i have to say if sonic is in it, we get to pumble him.:laugh:

Mario has like 5 stages man. Mario's 2 stages Peaches 2 stages and Mario's "secret' stage which is most likely they will have more for him on this game.
and that is a quite interesting thought, they could make alternate reality characters, like O D I N said, but that would take too much time and programming, i would like to see it though, I'm good with Gannon (Melee)
GANNON-BANNED!!!

:lick:

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Unless you can find a way to effectively integrate stealth camo, I'm against putting Gray Fox in. There's too many swordfighters as it is. But I would give him the beam cannon from the end of the game as a special move. Cause it was special.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Unless you can find a way to effectively integrate stealth camo, I'm against putting Gray Fox in. There's too many swordfighters as it is. But I would give him the beam cannon from the end of the game as a special move. Cause it was special.

ACTUALLY....

A couple of pages back, I posted Chief Mendez's moveset for Grey Fox. Little to no sword at all. All brawling baby! :chuckle:

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'll admit that Mendez'moveset was great. But I wanted to see what you guys could come up with.

Anyway, what do I want? Randomly, I want Liquid and Solidus and Big Boss alternate costumes. But they'd cost too much for liscencing and stuff to just be costumes.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yeah, I'll admit that Mendez'moveset was great. But I wanted to see what you guys could come up with.

Anyway, what do I want? Randomly, I want Liquid and Solidus and Big Boss alternate costumes. But they'd cost too much for liscencing and stuff to just be costumes.

I could see Big Boss/Naked Snake in camo as a "green" costume for Snake. Solidus; following the MGS2 discussion, unlikely, but then, same goes for my Camo costume (at least the eye patch. ;) )

I think Liquid could be fun. I'd rather see Grey Fox though. Too bad *** to say no to that man.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Oh, way off topic, but chek your PMs for an Isaac breakdown.

And Liquid would be a kickass brawler. Just make him a semi-clonish character and it's good.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Oh, way off topic, but chek your PMs for an Isaac breakdown.

And Liquid would be a kickass brawler. Just make him a semi-clonish character and it's good.
More off topic than the others, but yes, I saw. Thank you. I already made changes, so another rating would be nice. ;)

I'll consider doing a Liquid moveset. I wanna do my Diddy/Dixie Kong one first though.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I noticed the changes, but didn't warrant them substantial enough to change the score too much. Maybe an extra .5 to the rating.

I reckon I'll take a shot at Liquid and Mantis at some point. They're just fun characters. Movesets ahoy!

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
GANNON-BANNED, that dosen't sound good, i haven't been on that long and i don't know what that means....
the licensing on those characters is up to Kojima if he wants them to use it.
but nonetheless that would be interesting to play as Cyborg Ninja and have alternate costumes for snake, I'm up for Banana Camo! and Monkey Mask!

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
i cannot see as to why i got Gannon-Banned
i spelled his name right, i think...
and Phyco Mantis as AT FTW!
No, you didn't.

yaung27 said:
I can quite agree with you on that, but i have to say if sonic is in it, we get to pumble him.

See?

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
He makes a point. Gannon is spelt with two n's.

Off topic entirely, but did it ever bug you guys that although you could create the complete Triforce in The Ocarina of Time, there was no hint whatsoever of the fourth piece of the Triforce? I was hoping it would show up in Zelda 2: Majora's Mask after that, but no such luck.

Anyway, I was playing Reborn and encountered this really frustrating bug where I slow down until I almost can't move, and it's pretty much ended my game there. If they'd just stuck to making Reborn Wii-only, then these glitches wouldn't have appeared... frustrates me almost as much as Adventures of Link and Link to the Past did. Oh well, I suppose we don't have to worry about any more glitches, cause I hear Windwaker is the last game cause of Hyrule. Of course, it doesn't really matter, cause there's no real storyline at all anyway, other than in Ocarina of time and Zelda 2.

But seriously. I have another matter to discuss. What do you guys reckon the crawling mechanic is going to bring to the game? Anything much of use for Snake? I'm currently under the assumption it's just to dodge high/medium attacks. Thoughts?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
He makes a point. Gannon is spelt with two n's.

Off topic entirely, but did it ever bug you guys that although you could create the complete Triforce in The Ocarina of Time, there was no hint whatsoever of the fourth piece of the Triforce? I was hoping it would show up in Zelda 2: Majora's Mask after that, but no such luck.

Anyway, I was playing Reborn and encountered this really frustrating bug where I slow down until I almost can't move, and it's pretty much ended my game there. If they'd just stuck to making Reborn Wii-only, then these glitches wouldn't have appeared... frustrates me almost as much as Adventures of Link and Link to the Past did. Oh well, I suppose we don't have to worry about any more glitches, cause I hear Windwaker is the last game cause of Hyrule. Of course, it doesn't really matter, cause there's no real storyline at all anyway, other than in Ocarina of time and Zelda 2.

But seriously. I have another matter to discuss. What do you guys reckon the crawling mechanic is going to bring to the game? Anything much of use for Snake? I'm currently under the assumption it's just to dodge high/medium attacks. Thoughts?
GANNON-BANNED!!!

It's spelled GANON. Not GANNON. GANON. >_>

Seriously, google gannon banned. :-P

As far as crawling: Perhaps in high level play, it won't have much use. Then again, it could. We don't know how it works. But, maybe there's a whole new set of moves that can only be used while crawling. :shrug:

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps you should read Gannon Banned yourself. Out of the list of 25 or so Gannon-Bannable offenses, there are 12 in that post I just made. It was a joke, ODIN.

As for a new moveset while crawling? Seems unlikely. All Snake does while crawling is... well... not all that much really. I mean, you can use weapons in FPV, but there aren't any guns in Smash, so eh.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Perhaps you should read Gannon Banned yourself. Out of the list of 25 or so Gannon-Bannable offenses, there are 12 in that post I just made. It was a joke, ODIN.

As for a new moveset while crawling? Seems unlikely. All Snake does while crawling is... well... not all that much really. I mean, you can use weapons in FPV, but there aren't any guns in Smash, so eh.
I've only read it twice. ;)

Just read your post a second time. :shakes head: How the hell could I have missed that... So effing tired.

Crawling: Yeah, a little unlikely. But possible. :shrug: He (sakurai) hasn't told us anything about crawling yet, so... yeah.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
i think the crawling is just like a move, when e goes into the crawl, he can still move in it, so he might have attacks or he will just get up again. and it is a pretty good move i have to say, think of it, people usually hit between high and medium ranged attacks. so its a good diversion. and also, as in the movies, did you see Wario crawling backwards?
dose this mean ALL characters can do it?
if that were true, well, it would detract the awesome of snake....

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
i think the crawling is just like a move, when e goes into the crawl, he can still move in it, so he might have attacks or he will just get up again. and it is a pretty good move i have to say, think of it, people usually hit between high and medium ranged attacks. so its a good diversion. and also, as in the movies, did you see Wario crawling backwards?
dose this mean ALL characters can do it?
if that were true, well, it would detract the awesome of snake....

I think some characters can do it, much like wall-jumping. That's just a theory that's been floating about though.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
In all honesty, I don't want any Metal Gear characters from the Playstation era to appear. Yeah, there was Twin Snakes, but still... so who do I want as ATs? Shotmaker, Frank Jaeger, Big Boss and Black Ninja. Hell yes.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
In all honesty, I don't want any Metal Gear characters from the Playstation era to appear. Yeah, there was Twin Snakes, but still... so who do I want as ATs? Shotmaker, Frank Jaeger, Big Boss and Black Ninja. Hell yes.
Frank Jaeger=Grey Fox, if I'm not mistaken?

Technically Big Boss was on the NES. But not in his form today (more Solid Snake looking. Or is it the other way around ;). So in theory, we could use Camo Big Boss as Snake's green costume. Thanks for reminding me. ;)

You'll have to refresh me on Shotmaker and Black Ninja. O_o

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
On the Nes, Big Boss looked a little like Sean Connery. And he was seventy or eighty, and he still takes on Snake before succumbing to a flamethrower. Frank Jaeger is Gray Fox, yeah, but I mean before he got his legs blown up and he became the Cyborg Ninja.

Shotmaker was the first boss you had to face in Metal Gear, and he basically just had a shotgun and sprayed shots at you. Black ninja was from Metal Gear 2, and was a resistance fighter who was captured and placed in a program to use a serum and nanomachines, or something similar, to enhance their abilities for use as an Extraterrestrial Response Squad. He could teleport around and toss shuriken, and was essentially proto-Fox, because he was someone Snake had previously known and left for dead who became a ninja and yet continued to help Snake out, even though he fights him to the death.

There were more bosses as well, but I can't easily remember them off the top of my head. One MG boss I do not want to see as an AT for certain is Super Computer, though.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
On the Nes, Big Boss looked a little like Sean Connery. And he was seventy or eighty, and he still takes on Snake before succumbing to a flamethrower. Frank Jaeger is Gray Fox, yeah, but I mean before he got his legs blown up and he became the Cyborg Ninja.

Shotmaker was the first boss you had to face in Metal Gear, and he basically just had a shotgun and sprayed shots at you. Black ninja was from Metal Gear 2, and was a resistance fighter who was captured and placed in a program to use a serum and nanomachines, or something similar, to enhance their abilities for use as an Extraterrestrial Response Squad. He could teleport around and toss shuriken, and was essentially proto-Fox, because he was someone Snake had previously known and left for who became a ninja and yet continued to help Snake out, even though he fights him to the .

There were more bosses as well, but I can't easily remember them off the top of my head. One MG boss I do not want to see as an AT for certain is Super Computer, though.

Sean Connery FTW! :laugh: **** you and your Daily Doubles Trebek!!!

Anyway, I'm going to predict that if anyone else in the MGS universe is coming to Brawl in any way, shape, or form, it's gonna be from Twin Snakes.

I suppose some cool Retro costumes would be cool for Snake; Something from MG1 and MG2.

Top Bottom