• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Okay... no other comments on my moveset? For shame ODIN, I had hoped you would. I still can't decide on Coolant or C4.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
My bad Vagrant. :( Let me take a look.

You forgot the Axe kick seen in trailer two!! D:

EDIT: Get Metal Gear 2:Snake's Revenge off of there right now!!! FOR SHAME!!!

It's just Metal Gear 2. Snake's Revenge was a seperate, horrible game that Ultra made, and Hideo Kojima denies it's existance, especially since he didn't make it.:mad:

GRAAAHH!!! O D I N SMASH!!!

Aside from that, not too shabby. I'm not a fan of the coolant. I like the C4 however. I'm not sure about the RPG launcher, but it makes sense. Nice Final Smash. Taunt is great.

Overall, 7/10. Some minor things here and there, like it might be too violent with the CQC AND the knife, pointed at their throat, you know? It's VG cats all over again...

I can post the comic later. Appearantly, I can't from here.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Very good point about the axe kick. As for Snake's Revenge, it was god awful, but no less significant for being the North American MG2, and the game that prompted Kojima to create the actual sequel, Solid Snake. So it stays on the list.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
Anything from the MG series is fair game. Look at Snake, he's in the sneaking suit he used in MGS2...a game that appeared on Xbox and PS2 but not the Gamecube.

Having Twin Shot show up somewhere in SSBB would be really cool. Twin Shot was a Metal Gear NES exclusive character. He doesn't appear in the MSX version of the game. Having him in would be a throwback to Snake's first Nintendo experience. As an AT they could just shoot thier guns in all directions...one twin shoots shoots left and the other right and they could move their line of fire up and down. Hell, they could even replace ICs as the playable team character :chuckle:. I know it's farfetched, but even a trophy of these guys would be really cool to see again.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Anything from the MG series is fair game. Look at Snake, he's in the sneaking suit he used in MGS2...a game that appeared on Xbox and PS2 but not the Gamecube.
True, and debatable.

The suit is exactly the same except for one, difference.

Snake is wearing a vest in Twin Snakes, because he's in Alaska. Due to the extreme cold, he needed it to keep warm. Kind of a stretch, but I hope at least some people can see what I mean. Compare the shoulders, the elbow/knee pads, and the belts. All the same, except the vest.

But, it IS a possibility, not likely, that MGS2 characters can come to SSBB.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I editted the Axe Kick in, and included a new Crawling mechanism. I think Snake's looking pretty sweet in my current moveset. ODIN, thoughts on Coolant/C4?

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
True, and debatable.

The suit is exactly the same except for one, difference.

Snake is wearing a vest in Twin Snakes, because he's in Alaska. Due to the extreme cold, he needed it to keep warm. Kind of a stretch, but I hope at least some people can see what I mean. Compare the shoulders, the elbow/knee pads, and the belts. All the same, except the vest.

But, it IS a possibility, not likely, that MGS2 characters can come to SSBB.

I see the resemblance in the suits (maybe they are the same), but the absence of the Vest and the Mullet/beard make it look like MGS2 Snake.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
Ive been reading this for a while now and I see and agree with most points, I like all the Move lists exept one thing, I hate to be the guy who says this but, Metal Gear REX cannot be a final smash, I'm sorry to say it but I would have liked it to be his Final Smash, but now we go onto the Mechanics.
Metal Gear REX, sure its sounds pretty cool but the things that make it so it can't happen.
1. Stages.
This cannot be becasue of the diffrent stages. most of them float around or just fly through the air (like Isle Delfino).
2. Improbability.
Why would Snake summon something that tries to destroy him? That would just be like mario summoning a poisin mushroom to kill himself.
It is highly unlikely that Metal Gear REX should be a Final Smash. But if those guys down at HAL can make it, that would just be a Marvel.
and please, I'd like to debate my opinion!

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
It's not always going to be totally realistic. In my moveset, I simply have the metal gear jumping in from wherever. Perhaps there is an area or ground just below the sight edge of the arena that REX jumps from? Who knows? It doesn't have to be perfect.

Also, you'll notice that in my moveset Snake does not summon it to assist him. Yes, he triggers the Final Smash, but the animation is essentially the Gear trying to squash and maim Snake, who eventually blows it up for the finale, taking some damage himself.

Other than that, the only other Final Smash I can really imagine since he's a one-man army who can't use any realistic guns, is for him to slap ridiculous amounts of C4 around the place. Kinda like about 1:50 in this trailer.

A Hind D is almost as senseless as REX if the main point is Snake summoning REX. Cause the Hind is always an an enemy, he never pilots one. He never actually does anything himself that could be considered a Final Smash. Perhaps he could crouch and use CODEC to call an airstrike, but given his modus operandi, and the way that the airstrike took place in MGS1, I don't think it fits as well.

Alternatively, you could have a rather non-flashy one where everyone else begins to spasm and have simulated heartattacks from FOXdie. Like, 25-40% to each character but no knockback? And temporarily incapacitates them or slows them and weakens them for a short period following?

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
Im sorry I had to be the guy who said it, but its the truth.
what i was thinking, as many of you think, that Gray Fox should appear and attack peopls, because they cant really make Gray Fox a caracter, i mean, because in the game you don't play as him, so it is unlikely to for them to make him, but i do agree he needs to appear some how, so i think it will be snake's final smash. And not an AT, it could happen, but wouldn't it be better if only Snak can summon him? and also with the All-Stars Feel to it, like snake is an All-Star and jsut adding another MGS caracter would ruin that feel(as some-one stated before.) Thusly, I don't think that he will be a PC.
most likely a NPC.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Im sorry I had to be the guy who said it, but its the truth.
what i was thinking, as many of you think, that Gray Fox should appear and attack peopls, because they cant really make Gray Fox a caracter, i mean, because in the game you don't play as him, so it is unlikely to for them to make him, but i do agree he needs to appear some how, so i think it will be snake's final smash. And not an AT, it could happen, but wouldn't it be better if only Snak can summon him? and also with the All-Stars Feel to it, like snake is an All-Star and jsut adding another MGS caracter would ruin that feel(as some-one stated before.) Thusly, I don't think that he will be a PC.
most likely a NPC.
On the same note, you never played as Zelda, Ganondorf, Peach, Bowser (at the time Melee was out anyway), or Falco.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
I knew someone was going to hit me with one of those, i know i haven't played as them, but still, Cyborg Ninja(Gray Fox(I like Cyborg Ninja Better) could as well be a palyable caracter, but this also limits the time, money and Caracter slot they can program another caracter, such as SNAKE!, as I said before, it would ruing the feel of AWSOME SNAKE IS IN IT!!!!, when other MGS carcters are also in it, and I think thats streching the bill on Sakurai and Hiedo Kojima. Because it's cool haveing snake in it, but then again, they have to get rights from Hiedo.
I dont know, he could as well be one, but all i say it is unlikely, but good news today they added Ike, but that is off topic.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I knew someone was going to hit me with one of those, i know i haven't played as them, but still, Cyborg Ninja(Gray Fox(I like Cyborg Ninja Better) could as well be a palyable caracter, but this also limits the time, money and Caracter slot they can program another caracter, such as SNAKE!, as I said before, it would ruing the feel of AWSOME SNAKE IS IN IT!!!!, when other MGS carcters are also in it, and I think thats streching the bill on Sakurai and Hiedo Kojima. Because it's cool haveing snake in it, but then again, they have to get rights from Hiedo.
I dont know, he could as well be one, but all i say it is unlikely, but good news today they added Ike, but that is off topic.
Only partially off topic. We're still discussing brawl. ;)

Anywho; My theory was that they may have two MGS characters. Reason;

If you watch the second trailer; it looks like they may have 2 MGS stages.

And if we learned anything from Melee, every character (for the most part) had a stage labeled as "theirs" (according to All star mode anyway). Just a theory, but nothing confirmed.

As far as programing another character (I may have misread this, so please correct me if I'm wrong), but it appears Snake may already be finished. Judging from trailer 2. I'm sure they're pretty far in production, but we'll have to see. You do raise some valid points though.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
I don't know seeing as to why they Didn't use all his moves maybe that they were not created yet, or they don't want to show them, which it can be either one. and also, the thing you said about the MGS stage, that could as well be, infact the same stage, think of it, all we saw was teh place he was croughing at looking at Zero suit Saumus (in his ways...) and the place where he was stroking his beard, all we saw was a bottom of something and the snowy moutain which actually was the top of something, so they could as well be the same stage, becasue we have no other proof of another stage, i can draw you a diagram.
(in my next post)

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
True, however the crawling section looked like it was inside, and the other portion looked like it was outside.

We haven't seen all of the moves yet for the other characters as well, but a lack of moves for Snake is true. We haven't seen much of him at all.

We haven't seen much of the MGS stage either. So it's very possible it's the same stage.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about that wait time, it took me forever to upload this thing, not draw, but upload...
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/29748/untitled.bmp
As you can see here in this diagram, the snake that was looking at saumus, and the snake stroking his beard near the moutain could have been the same stage, and btw, the taco stand was there but it later gets blown up.
and as another btw, I draw much better with a pencil than a mouse.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Sorry about that wait time, it took me forever to upload this thing, not draw, but upload...
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/29748/untitled.bmp
As you can see here in this diagram, the snake that was looking at saumus, and the snake stroking his beard near the moutain could have been the same stage, and btw, the taco stand was there but it later gets blown up.
and as another btw, I draw much better with a pencil than a mouse.
XD LoL!! Oh man, that was good.

That's very possible. It could also be one of them moving stages I . ;)

And drawing with mice sucks. ;) I prefer pen/pencil and paper myself.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I dunno about Nuclear holocausts. :-? But maybe an airstrike of somesort. Maybe.

I think Metal Gear would be the most likely choice, followed by Grey Fox or Meryl if they aren't playable (not saying Meryl could be playable, or that I want her playable, but it could happen).

I actually predict Liquid Snake as a clone if there would be a second MGS character. But I'm hopin for Grey Fox.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
It will be a metal gear unit. They are so essential to the series. And I dont see a problem with Raiden or GrayFox being an AT. Sure, Raiden hasn't been on a nintendo system, but he is a big part of MGS. And I remember a time when "You cant have (blank) because thats not a nintendo character" Sakurai can pretty much do whatever he wants.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
It will be a metal gear unit. They are so essential to the series. And I dont see a problem with Raiden or GrayFox being an AT. Sure, Raiden hasn't been on a nintendo system, but he is a big part of MGS. And I remember a time when "You cant have (blank) because thats not a nintendo character" Sakurai can pretty much do whatever he wants.
Also true. I don't see Raiden getting in, but it's possible.

It's Sakurai's baby, he can do what he wants with it. ;)

The Metal Gear thing is a good point. Without Metal Gear, what would the games be called???

Adventures of Solid Snake?

Watch as Solid Snake infiltrates a base with a ... Go! >_>

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
Yeah thats true, they need the Metal Gear for the name sake of the series, but i just don't think it will be his final smash, it just because its too big and it doesn't go with the landscaping.
On a all land level maybe, but not one of those ones that zoom around and land in some spot for 3 seconds.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think Raiden would be a farfetch too. The only reason I see that might have him there is that they will be wanting to advertise some new Metal Gear game. Whether its 4, online, or something else. And the fact that snake is modeled after MGS2.

My theory for FS's in general is that some of them will kinda pause gameplay. Like Link. However, if the MG was snakes, it would freeze. And I think Mario's DK and others will freeze as well

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yeah, I think Raiden would be a farfetch too. The only reason I see that might have him there is that they will be wanting to advertise some new Metal Gear game. Whether its 4, online, or something else. And the fact that snake is ed after MGS2.
I don't wanna bring up the page stretch to this page too, but if you look at the cover for MGS:Twin Snakes, and look at the outfit snake is wearing, the only difference is the vest he's wearing, due to Alaskan cold. ;) I can see why we would think MGS2 though. No qualms here.

Anyway, random thought. It's possible Snake may not have Metal Gear as a FS.

But if Liquid is a character.... >:-D It'd make perfect sense for him to have Metal Gear Rex as a FS, no?

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
No, actually Dk's is during game play, its because it said he is invincible during this time period and also you should clap to the beat to get extra damage. But thats besides the point, it would be nice, but you have to see the programming that goes into that. Metal gear is to stomp onto the stage, but if its a floating stage will he fall off? that would make it unfair that others Fs cam be accessed on any terrain, but if snakes can fall off the edge, why bother? It could just be Gray Fox, or like a giant explosion with a missile but thats not snakes style.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it would be a cut of a Metal Gear firing from somewhere else, and then the missile hits the stage.

And yeah its the same outfit, but without the Flak jacket and diff face because he doesnt have the mullet and beard.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, random thought. It's possible Snake may not have Metal Gear as a FS.

But if Liquid is a character.... >:-D It'd make perfect sense for him to have Metal Gear Rex as a FS, no?
thats a pretty good point there. That seems like a reasonable Fs, but then again, why would liquid be in it, he cant be a clone of snake because he doesn't sneak and stuff like snake, all we know about him is he SUCKS, he was a hard boss, you had to FIST FIGHT with him.
oh well,

Maybe it would be a cut of a Metal Gear firing from somewhere else, and then the missile hits the stage.
this is also reasonable, it makes it so MG doesn't even really have to be on stage, and it can even (look ) it hurt snake, thats, thats.... BRILLIANT!

and about the Spy-e stuff, i don't think any of spy-e stuff would hurt that bad....

Top Bottom