• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I don't disagree that zelda/sheik can be used, but a separate character? It's not like it's a whole different character, you're just using zelda for her strengths, and sheik for hers, calling that a different character isn't necessary. I see where you're going with this, but it's just not necessary one bit, zelda/sheik is just using 2 different characters, just like PT is like using 3 different characters (yes I know it's not the EXACT same).

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
I see where you're going with this, but it's just not necessary one bit, zelda/sheik is just using 2 different characters, just like PT is like using 3 different characters (yes I know it's not the EXACT same).
You realize your example contradicts your point, right? PT is considered 1 character...

-Arguing that downb "switches their moves too much to count them as one character. blah blah blah"...that doesn't matter.
That argument was from me arguing that they needed their own spots in addition to being combined, which we agree on. Don't fight with your friends.

Fight for your friends. :)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Ok, well it's not that it's a contradiction, it just doesn't make sense now that I read it again. Disregard the post, I am not quite sure how I can re word it so I can show what I mean :\.

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
omfg this is so ********!!! technically sheik and zelda ARE the same character and technically they are not BUT unlike PT when you come back to the stage zelda doesn't AUTOMATICALLY turn into shiek and sheik DOESN'T AUTOMATICALLY turn into zelda. you can choose to be sheik for the ENTIRE game while PT automatically changes to the next pokemon if you want it to or not and if you DO want to play as squirtle the entire match then you HAVE to change and u will surely be punished. and unlike PT zelda/shiek don't get tired or don't have stamina so its not essential for you to switch between them. those are more reasons why zelda and shiek are seperated in the tier list my god!! PT stresses the use of all 3 pokemon unlike zelda/shiek which is more like an option. but i totally understand obviously squirtle is way diff. than ivy and zard. SONICK RULEZZ!!!!11!!11SHIFT+1!!1!

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I think there should be three because of the option of playing as both.

It's like PT, with the option of going only squirtle, charizard, or ivysaur. At least keep the 2 seperate, at best make there be 3 slots, one for sheik, one for zelda, one for both.

Manic_1

Smash Cadet
I am suprised to see kirby that high (I've only met one good kirby) and I am really surprised that Lucas is low and not middle. I thought that Link would be fourth from the bottom (above Jiggs and Ganondorf)

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I am suprised to see kirby that high (I've only met one good kirby) and I am really surprised that Lucas is low and not middle. I thought that Link would be fourth from the bottom (above Jiggs and Ganondorf)
Kirbys awesome, I'm starting to pick up him myself, he's a blast to play and hes not hard to use.

SullMaster

Smash Cadet
Is it any surprise that the Kirby characters are at or near the top?

But honestly I don't understand why G&W and ROB are ranked that high, that surprised me a lot. They're good but at the top? Not in my opinion. I wish Toon Link was ranked higher though, that little guy is a beast

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman

But honestly I don't understand why G&W and ROB are ranked that high, that surprised me a lot. They're good but at the top? Not in my opinion. I wish Toon Link was ranked higher though, that little guy is a beast
G and W has disjointed hitboxes on (I think) every single attack. All of the are very powerful for their speed. His best moves are very difficult to punish. Then the turtle is just utterly, utterly ridiculous.

ROB has an amazing camping and gimping game and the second best recovery in the game to back him up he's got great range on a lot of attacks. His spotdodge is very good (and the speed and range of the dsmash makes that very useful...). Did I mention he can't camp and gimp like a champ?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

-Kirby is the 3rd lowest character on the Melee tiers (although IMHO he's the worst), whilst in SSB64 he's 2nd highest, and Sakurai also has a record of keeping his characters (minus Kirby) outside of smash bros. as an act of humbleness.

-G&W has incredible range, great recovery, a lot of fast attacks, quite a lot of fairly powerful attacks, high prioriety in several moves, little after lag in almost all of his attacks, and his god **** back air. That thing is too good.

-ROB has amazing attack prioriety (especially in his aireals, and with some support from his special attacks), one of the best recoveries in the game with RIDICULOUS flexibility and angles you can land/approach from, pretty fast attacks, is hard to punish, and has a ridiculously good "aggressive camping" style that is hard to beat when used right. O, and his spot dodge is too good. SRSLY.

Barge

How is Lucario so high? Sorry I don't feel like reading through 161 pages worth of text. Too lazy for that.
He has insane range with his Forward smash, he can "chain-grab" with side B, he has decent recovery, spammable, he has a counter attack (down b) medium weight, best dair in the game (imo) and he can talk

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
and he can talk
Talking Pokemanz= High Tier

If only this rule was applied in Melee...:urg:

Anyways, a number of other things Lucario has going for him is combo ability (he can combo a double-fair offstage for gimpkills, for example) and combo resistance. Lucario's floatiness prevents him from being trapped into things like utilt combos and such.

He also has aura, which gives him extra power when he's at high percents, and if a Luc main counterpicks smartly, he can make even better use of this ability. Stages with high ceilings and walls (ESPECIALLY ceilings; Luc has one of the worst vertical resistances in the game, so he needs the extra, uh, "headroom" to stop himself from dying easy) let him live longer and use his aura to its maximum potential.

He's also a pretty good gimper, has lasting hitboxes on a lot his moves, good range, relatively lag free attacks (at least on start-up), good matchups, kickass rolldodge, can wall cling, uhh....that's basically it, lol.

Oh, he can talk.

It's worth a second mention. :bee:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I see you miss Mewtwo as well Sir Bedevere.

Me too........me too :(

Diddy2k8

Smash Cadet
Seems reasonable enough. However i don't see how kirby is ranked over olimar and how donkey is ranked over diddy. Not saying the list is wrong just saying can someone explain this to me? Also i see fox rising for sure in the future.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Olimar can be easily gimped, Kirby is far from that. Popularity is in Kirby's favor, Olimar is decent in popularity.

As far as Donkey Kong over Diddy, Donkey Kong has a good match-up against MK and Snake, the two most sucessful chars in Brawl. Since there very common in competative play, DK is typically used against them to have an even match-up, or close to an even match-up. He's also heavy, good horizontal recovery (which matters more than a good vertacle recovery), and a great spammable airial, bair. Diddy's good, has banana's (which are a pain), and decent recovery, but DK just gets a better tournament result...

:094:

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Mario... a well balanced fighter...on Low tier....How does that work out?? ;_; XD

the only thing i really have a problem is the PT's Pokemon should have their own position in the tier list each...not just one rank all together. It's basiclaly three different fighters, each with their own moveset, strengths and weaknesses and gameplay. I Just dont see how they can just sum it up.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well maybe they did. What I mean is is maybe they ranked the three pokemon, and then averaged them out so they could be summed up into one position. After all you ARE forced to play all three of them in a match.

RoboticTuna

Smash Cadet
I main all middle-tier (and one low) characters, yaaay!
(Zelda, ZSS, Peach, Ike, Ganon)

I don't feel like a cheap ******* now! :D

Snowman_assassin

Smash Rookie
I've never had the opportunity to see any truly skilled Wario or R.O.B. users, nor have I seen Snake's full potential. These aside, I agree with everything.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Mario... a well balanced fighter...on Low tier....How does that work out?? ;_; XD

the only thing i really have a problem is the PT's Pokemon should have their own position in the tier list each...not just one rank all together. It's basiclaly three different fighters, each with their own moveset, strengths and weaknesses and gameplay. I Just dont see how they can just sum it up.
because when you die, you are FORCED to change when you respwn, and therefore you have to put all 3 in thought when ranking PT

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Just because he's supposed to be well balanced doesn't mean he actually is. >_<

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Can't we please put this in the OP? Please?

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
I strangely picked out a lot of high and top tiers, I go with Snake, DDD and Lucario :( and it really sucks about Fox

Barge

I hate fighting Dk's
his smashs come out fast, hes extremely powerful, and has 2 spikes and an incredible bair.

His down B has massive range, side b = free hit

But his recovery is poor

Barge

I can see why Falco is top tier, hes incredibly easy to use, and he's fun.
I only started him today and I got all the chain grab combos/dacus/lazr skillz down.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Tier list... honestly its dumb to make one. The only thing a tier list accomplishes is turning people towards selecting characters from the top.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
That has some truth behind it. But I think a tier list is really important for a gaming community, without it, only assumptions can be made, with a tier list it's not really a fact, but like a general agreement. It's true that some characters are better than others, there is no denying it, this is just a good way of displaying which characters are the best, and also which are more used at tournies. Use this for your advantage! Look at top tier, if you can figure out away to beat them with a high/middle/low tier character, then you will do well in tournies. I mean, like top tier characters obviously have a clear advantage over the rest of the cast, but the tier list allows players to practice against them. specifically, this way top tier characters' weaknesses are revealed faster, and a slightly more balanced game can emerge.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Tier list... honestly its dumb to make one. The only thing a tier list accomplishes is turning people towards selecting characters from the top.
Whether or not there is a tier list people will choose characters that they win with.

Sukai

Smash Champion
That has some truth behind it. But I think a tier list is really important for a gaming community, without it, only assumptions can be made, with a tier list it's not really a fact, but like a general agreement. It's true that some characters are better than others, there is no denying it, this is just a good way of displaying which characters are the best, and also which are more used at tournies. Use this for your advantage! Look at top tier, if you can figure out away to beat them with a high/middle/low tier character, then you will do well in tournies. I mean, like top tier characters obviously have a clear advantage over the rest of the cast, but the tier list allows players to practice against them. specifically, this way top tier characters' weaknesses are revealed faster, and a slightly more balanced game can emerge.
That's one of the smartest things I've heard about the Tier list, hell--that is the smartest.
But personally, I don't care for it. It causes too much contreversy, which there is enough of in the gaming community, not to mention smash. And can be paraphrased to just about anything.
The Tier list is there to show results not statistics.
Clearly, more people play Meta Knight better than people who play Captian Falcon, simple as that. It doesn't mean nor imply that Meta Knight is the best character, nor that Captian Falcon is the worst. Neither does it mean that Meta Knight is a better character than Captian Falcon. Some people fail to understand that and by proxy, fail at this thread.

Just learn to player.

DEATHTOPIKACHU

Smash Rookie
High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Love you so much for that. <3 But I have to object to Mario being low. I've seen him in action and he's pretty good when used properly.
I agree with the guys above me though. :/ Whether the characters are high tier or not, people will play who they want to, for whatever reasons they want to. Some reaons may even be that the character looks awsum or has a good special or WHATEVER reason you choose to be that character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom