• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Not everyone plays MetaKnight. It's not only about MetaKnight.

Melee wasn't all about Fox either

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
And it's the first one. There's only three Yoshi's I know who go to tournaments regularly. Burnt, Bwett, and Pride (Pride recently quit :( ). I've seen more Falcons and Ganondorfs then him O_o! (Doesn't mean they're good though.) Also doesn't help the fact that Yoshi's always been unpopular, having an bad recovery and bad.... pretty much everything.
I fixed it.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Well of course you are going to make a character sound bad if you untruthfully twist it to your liking. I can do the same thing to Sheik.

Terrible and Limited Recovery, No Power whatsoever, Can't string long aerial combos, and Bad Priority.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Well of course you are going to make a character sound bad if you untruthfully twist it to your liking. I can do the same thing to Sheik.

Terrible and Limited Recovery, No Power whatsoever, Can't string long aerial combos, and Bad Priority.
this is really true, most ppl focus on characters weaknesses and completely ignore all there good traits, this is the case especialy for yoshi, ness, peach, and ike. IMO

metroid1117

Smash Master
Dang, this came out much earlier than I expected. I have some qualms about the list (DK > Diddy? Ike > Sheik? Peach > Ike?), but I'll have faith in the SBR's experience. Great job putting this together.

Mush head

Smash Cadet
In Melee, it was more straight worst-best setting, so tier lists worked well for it. In Brawl, it's a different story.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Mush_head: Join Date: Sep 2008

Today's Date: Sep. 4th 2008

You sound like a credible source.

Mush head

Smash Cadet
Mush_head: Join Date: Sep 2008

Today's Date: Sep. 4th 2008

You sound like a credible source.
Okay, you got me there... :p
@hyperknee: Alright, so I don't know much about how tier lists work, but I don't care because they don't apply to me. I do know this: there are counters for every character, including Meta Knight. I'm going to stop here about that because I don't want to start a flame war about Brawl and Melee or anything like that.

FuRy Smash

Smash Cadet
if wut i have been hearing is correct. mk has no counter character or bad matchups. tho i have been noticing that some chars seem to fair well against him, like G&W, Jiggs, Boozer, Snake, Falco, Yoshi, and maybe Lucario. even then i think mk still has an advantage over them.

hyperknees91

Smash Cadet
As long as you don't post stuff you have no idea what your talking about, then we're all good.

According to the matchup chart.........The only counter char is snake but I think it's a bit outdatted.

Mush head

Smash Cadet
Anyways, why was Yoshi given the low tier position? I would think that he is at least mid tier...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
And it's the first one. There's only three Yoshi's I know who go to tournaments regularly. Burnt, Bwett, and Pride (Pride recently quit :( ). I've seen more Falcons and Ganondorfs then him O_o! (Doesn't mean they're good though.) Also doesn't help the fact that Yoshi's always been unpopular, having an complex recovery and complex.... pretty much everything.
He's not complex. He's just misunderstood. I might be using him soon if only I can master the chaingrab to spike. You'll see me soon enough. Until then, I'm going straight Oli.

Anyways, Yoshi is unpopular, and just like Link, received an backlash from early impressions (Anyone remember the "Yoshi's been Nerfed lolollolollolol" Topics?), and is still suffering from it for some reason. Of course he he's not going to look good if basically only Two people represent him out of the Thousands of MetaKnight's, Snake's, Marth's, ect.
Yeah, I remember that. I also remember when putting DK in bottom tier actually made sense, lol. People learned though. Yoshi, though, is too uncommon now for people to understand how he works. It's sad.

I still want to know what exactly is the basis of the Tier List. I'm actually more pissed off at Link's placement, and even Ike's placement (Ike is terrible!), than Yoshi's.
pretty much. We all know it's a combination of matchups, viability in tourneys, and "potential", but I'd just like to know the very specifics.

According to the matchup chart.........The only counter char is snake but I think it's a bit outdatted.
Don't look at that chart.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
disagree all you like, but i dont believe sonic is low tier, i think hes better than everybody in low tier, except maybe the bounders, but its really shouldnt be of too much consequence to most ppl
If it will persuade you to change your mind, I did brawl against Tenki's Sonic, and he's the best Sonic I've seen. I beat his Sonic twice with my Samus, another low-tier character. The first time was three-stock, though that could have been different, had he not intentionally jumped off of Battlefield.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
heh, I am happy about Pit making high tier though... I probably understand why he is there.
I can understand why some aren't, though. As Pit likes to say, "You're not ready yet!" I have Samus as my main, Pit and Donkey Kong as my alternatives. So, it's nice to see that I have at least two high-tiers in my line-up, and I wasn't even aware that both were in high-tier until today.

Coldkiller

Smash Rookie
grammar whats that ?

nd ur stl grammra me cnfuse nknwn way of thng be to sed.

Coldkiller undrstnd grmamar nd spllng of me???

Really. I can barely understand this mess.

well english is not my mother language so i kinda having trouble expression everything so if you dont understand my grammar too bad so sad cause i dont care.

Coldkiller

Smash Rookie
for the 2 days i have been playing my top 5 are:

1. Meta knight (kinda noob character everone is good with him)
2. Link
3. Luigi
4. Pit
5. Sonic

o yeah anyone wanna fight me pm me or send me a message on the wii or something
and i only have the wii for 2 days dont know exactly how everything works :(
friend code is: sbr: 0860-5718-7485
Wii code: 0817-9236-5335-6135

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I think for the most part the tier list is quite fine. Sonic's placement irks me as a Sonic main of course because he has relatively good tournament standings, and tons of potential, but it watevs for now.

The list is obviously going to change with time, and Its harder to come up with a list for more characters.

All in all, not bad.

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
I do believe Luigi should be in high tier, but his general placement doesn't bother me so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom