• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
It would take a lot of time, effort, and dedication... for nothing but the appeasement of a few. And others would still get angry.
Hmm, I can understand that.

Is there any chance we could see the backroom thread, or is that a big no-no?

M.K

Level 55
I agree with Zinc Elemental, these arbitrary "_________ is better than you think" and "Some people are good with __________" statements are just absolutely ridiculous.
If you weren't the official Back Roomers, I definetly wouldn't take this list for granted, because it doesn't have any explanations other than the obvious ones (id est, Meta-Knight/Snake at Top, Link/Falcon down below). WHY is Pokemon Trainer low? WHY is King Dedede above Game and Watch? WHY is Mario low tier? WHY are R.O.B., Game and Watck, Dedede, and Falco in the same tier as Meta-Knight and Game and Watch? These are questions that you are simply avoiding, which as the leader of this community, is very inappropriate.

Also the "Top, High, Middle, Low" Tier Categories are insanely stupid. I thought you guys were smart! 3/4 is not the "Middle", and wouldn't the "Low" already be "Bottom" anyways? When you tell someone to go stand on a flight of stairs, you don't say "Go stand low", you say "go stand at the bottom".

Top/High/Middle/Low/Bottom FTW
Top/High/Middle/Low FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOSE.

jyuuberu

Smash Journeyman
Now back ON topic, is there any particular reason Shiek got such a downgrade from Melee? I don't really care for Shiek, but it was just interesting that he/she/it/eggplant took such a plunge.
I think that efforts were made to balance out the roster ie falcon fox and shiek being nerfed but in addition that I think multiple air dodging hurts sheik as well. In melee there was enough hitstun to combo shiek's good aerials together but in brawl I can just mash a shoulder button and any shiek trying to combo is temporarily halted.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Also the "Top, High, Middle, Low" Tier Categories are insanely stupid. I thought you guys were smart! 3/4 is not the "Middle", and wouldn't the "Low" already be "Bottom" anyways? When you tell someone to go stand on a flight of stairs, you don't say "Go stand low", you say "go stand at the bottom".

Top/High/Middle/Low/Bottom FTW
Top/High/Middle/Low FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOSE.
Keep in mind, this is a v1.0. I'm not sure if it was intended to not have a bottom, but this is no huge deal in which you portrayed it.

Idea: For those who are discusted with this tier list or posted/want to post your version of the Brawl tier list, why not put a link in your signature that details what you think the tier list should be. It may be more effective/considered, voice your opinion in a better fashion, and could be entertaining to see the differences others view character placement (I just know one of them is going to have Captain Falcon as top tier).

hyperknees91

Smash Cadet
I find it kind of wierd for toon link to be top of the mid, and for sonic whose 5th from the bottom to have better tournament results then him. Isn't that too large an outlier to ignore? Not saying tournament results are all that's important but I don't think you can deny the results.

Guess there are other cases in here but that's the main one I see.

Why is the top tier bigger than 3 characters again?

spartan334

Smash Apprentice
lol well yay for ike not being low!
boo! for Sonic being low but saw it coming...
Ike is cooler than Martha so let them switch. K? :laugh:
GO LUCARIO!!!!

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Game and Watch is high tier because he's black.

PROVE ME WRONG.
It's official. Tier lists are influenced by affirmative action.

There's no love for my white Meta Knight. :(

If we wanted you to see it, you already would :)

and threadS. Plural.
*Sigh* Oh well. Are we stuck with just the weekly character discussion to get a sense of everyone's opinions on characters?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
Mr. Game and Watch is high tier because he's black.

PROVE ME WRONG.

Don't be dissing the minorities, or you'll get a Falcon Punch, courtesy of me... er ............ Captain Falcon.
(how do you like your own joke used against you?)

For those who don't like the tier list, rather than complaining about it, just link what you think the tier list should be in your signature (see below).

M.K

Level 55
Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

So....judging by the tier list, the Back Roomers are racist against:

• Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes
  • Chinegros
  • Italians
  • 10-year old monster toting mofos
  • Iron-clad women
  • Dinosaurs
  • Azul Hedgehogs
  • Balloons
  • Evil Warthog-Men
  • Elves
  • And Chuck Norris' sister, Captain ****ing Falcon

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
^ How long did it take for you to decipher that? Lol ^

Like I've said before, this thread will keep me entertained for the next 8 days...
(BRoomers have done an ok job with this, even if there is no Bottom tier section)
lol, snake and meta are still GODS, the list doesnt matter after that
DK has a few words for those two...

Oracle

Smash Master
NEEDS MOAR DIVISION

God
Meta Knight
Snake

King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers

Middle
Kirby
Pit
Wolf
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi

Low
Peach
Ike
Sheik
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus

Bottom
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

ANGER

Smash Rookie
NO NO NO. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT SNAKE IS THE #1 TOP TIER. metaknight is very close though.

D

Deleted member

*Sigh* Oh well. Are we stuck with just the weekly character discussion to get a sense of everyone's opinions on characters?
You could just post really well and apply and get accepted in. That would save you a lot of agony.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You could just post really well and apply and get accepted in. That would save you a lot of agony.
yes... that.. OR he could just realize that whatever you guys are discussing doesn't ACTUALLY change the game or affect us in any way that would cause veiwing your discussions to become necessary.

D

Deleted member

yes... that.. OR he could just realize that whatever you guys are discussing doesn't ACTUALLY change the game or affect us in any way that would cause veiwing your discussions to become necessary.
The point of the SBR isn't to do you guys favors endlessly. Lol.

And of course it's not necessary, but there's perks to it. We've accepted people with as few as 9 posts and you already have 2.5k, so I guess you'll never know :p

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The point of the SBR isn't to do you guys favors endlessly. Lol.

And of course it's not necessary, but there's perks to it. We've accepted people with as few as 9 posts and you already have 2.5k, so I guess you'll never know :p
:o

see now you're just being mean :laugh:

but as long as you don't tell me there's, like, cheesecake or something in the backroom... then I'm okay.

(please don't have cheesecake)

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
QUESTION:

Sheik and Zelda are considered to be two different characters, so why not do Pokemon Trainer by individual Pokemon? I know that his Pokemon get exhausted and he must swap them out, however their are a few smashers in my area who go pure and only use one of the three. I am asking out of curiosity, not demanding that a change be made. Thank you for answering.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
auto-switching when dying and vulnerability when Down-Bing(and you didn't knock them away far enough).

Zenonfury

Smash Cadet
That's a lot of "top chars" Seems a little too ...ya have stricter distinctions for the best of the best. And ionno if someone else said it...[i'm not going to look thru 50 pages] but I find it funny have DK and diddy are next to each other..thats just cheating man..its a conspiracy!

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
doesnt work on game and watch.
DeDeDe does not have to be specifically better than Game and Watch in their match-up to be above him in the tier list. For example: Link beats Bowser, however that doesn't mean that Link is better than Bowser. Don't argue with the logistics of the example, I don't particularly care about the Link v Bowser match-up. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom