• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

powell651234

Smash Apprentice
Went back and played melee

I played Melee recently, went back to it, and I gotta tell ya...Brawl is clearly a way better game.

I mean it's funny that it's even debated. I mean, if you have a softspot for classics. It's like saying Super Mario is a better game than Super Mario Galaxy.

Brawl has more refined animation, it's more attractive, it's smoother, it's better.

Sorry guys.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I played Melee recently, went back to it, and I gotta tell ya...Brawl is clearly a way better game.

I mean it's funny that it's even debated. I mean, if you have a softspot for classics. It's like saying Super Mario is a better game than Super Mario Galaxy.

Brawl has more refined animation, it's more attractive, it's smoother, it's better.

Sorry guys.
Are you asking to get flamed by a bunch of people?

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman

Sorry guys.
*Attempts to stand in front of post* No one said anything. Just move along.

Aznpkilla

Smash Cadet

Sorry guys.
0/10. Try harder next time.

AbsoluteZero0K

Smash Rookie
This is my post from another forum about this topic (not named GameFAQs, I have yet to post there about this), which was posted there:

Five of the seven characters that I play with are bottom tier:

Samus
Sonic
Pokemon Trainer
Link
Ganondorf

The other two are:
Zelda
Bowser

"In Smash, any character can win in any matchup if you are smarter and better than your opponents by a wide enough margin."

I HATE when they say that crap because it's a ****ing lie. I play with Sonic about 70% of the time, far more than any other single character I play with. My best character is Zelda, but I play with her THE LEAST. Why? Because after trying to win a match with Sonic or Samus, Zelda is tremendously easier. I LIKE to play with Zelda, but I have been anticipating playing with Sonic since Brawl was announced and I would rather play with him, but it's darn impossible when everyone can knock you out of your moves. Doing spins with Sonic is like doing a cannonball with Blanka or a Psycho Crusher with M.Bison in SF2 and getting jabbed out of it every time. Unfortunately, most of his moves work this way too.

Added post:

I've seen people say that "low =/= bottom." This is only true of there is a designated "bottom" tier, which there isn't, which makes "low = bottom" by default. Bad characters can't be discussed in the same way as "high" versus "top" characters in the sense that "these characters have potential to win any match." If that were the case, they wouldn't be at the bottom! They clearly have some deficiency (or a lack of some cheap/highly effective tactic) which makes people play with them less.

Anyways, I mained Ganondorf in Melee and cried into my pillow when I unlocked him in Brawl. I tried to fall on my Melee secondaries Link and Samus only to be even more disappointed. I guess out of the three characters that I did play with in Melee, Link suffered the least...if he retained his old boomerang, he wouldn't be that bad.

I already said why I wanted to play with Sonic. With items on, I have no problem. With them off, ugh. I like the concept of PT because he's so dynamic, but I need to step up my Ivysaur game. After realizing how fail Ganondorf was, I picked up Bowser in the hopes that he improved from Melee and was pleasantly surprised. I started playing with Zelda long to spite what I thought would be mass Shiek players do to her (yes, her...if you watched the Olympics this summer you would have seen some women that looked "sexually ambiguous," but that's another topic) high Melee tier placement. I think it was said most lucidly one day in a description of Zelda's Melee moveset: "Zelda's down+B is the best move in her arsenal, and perhaps the entire game." When Brawl was first out, I used Din's Fire to juggle, but that was before people discovered "infinite air dodge."

Edit: And for the record, I agree with that other guy. There is more variety in Brawl than Melee. Of course, you probabally won't agree with this if you play competitively.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

Sorry guys.
Dear lord, may god have mercy on your n00b soul...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
@powell651234: That is epic fail.
After seeing posts like his, I can see why this was moved to General discussion.
Can we change the subject now?

I will.

I think Yoshi will rise a little bit next year when we make use of the DR.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
@powell651234: That is epic fail.
After seeing posts like his, I can see why this was moved to General discussion.
Can we change the subject now?

I will.

I think Yoshi will rise a little bit next year when we make use of the DR.
Wasn't this always in general discussion?

Alphicans

Smash Hero

Sorry guys.
Lol at still no actual flaming. You are lucky this time.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace

Sorry guys.
Dear Lord, may this world be a better place, and may people be tolerant of others. Amen.

Barge

All I want is a custom title

Sorry guys.
Its mostly about the gameplay, in melee they have a lot more tech skill and its harder to be good at melee, which is why some people prefer melee

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
And people find the change hard who played melee so they stick with what they know since brawl came out like 7 years after it so people had lots of time to hone their skills.

AnimeSnoopy

Smash Cadet

Dear Lord, may this world be a better place, and may people be tolerant of others. Amen.
Qft.

"In Smash, any character can win in any matchup if you are smarter and better than your opponents by a wide enough margin."

I HATE when they say that crap because it's a ****ing lie. I play with Sonic about 70% of the time, far more than any other single character I play with. My best character is Zelda, but I play with her THE LEAST. Why? Because after trying to win a match with Sonic or Samus, Zelda is tremendously easier. I LIKE to play with Zelda, but I have been anticipating playing with Sonic since Brawl was announced and I would rather play with him, but it's darn impossible when everyone can knock you out of your moves. Doing spins with Sonic is like doing a cannonball with Blanka or a Psycho Crusher with M.Bison in SF2 and getting jabbed out of it every time. Unfortunately, most of his moves work this way too.
See: My Sonic.

DarkRunner00

Smash Journeyman
i got to say... Melee is funner... beside the technical need which is the roots of debate between brawl and melee...

Melee just makes my heart pound faster and I just get an overall higher hi from melee.

the down side, is that if you mess up well its just a movie of your *** getting kicked... hah

AnimeSnoopy

Smash Cadet

I HATE when they say that crap because it's a ****ing lie
. I play with Sonic about 70% of the time....

See: My Sonic.

Just because your Sonic is good, doesn't mean that Sonic doesn't suck. ;)

SHUT 'ER DOWN.

AKA:

QFT.

Smooth Criminal
Lol, is this for real?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.

Sorry guys.
With your outlook towards minor aspects that are just meant for appeal rather than gameplay and lack of competative understanding, you should be a reviewer for IGN.

I've seen people say that "low =/= bottom." This is only true of there is a designated "bottom" tier, which there isn't, which makes "low = bottom" by default. Bad characters can't be discussed in the same way as "high" versus "top" characters in the sense that "these characters have potential to win any match." If that were the case, they wouldn't be at the bottom! They clearly have some deficiency (or a lack of some cheap/highly effective tactic) which makes people play with them less.
Yeah, many other users have complained about a lack of a bottom tier, but it is just version 1.0. If you see others tier lists, you may see that 90% of them have a bottom tier section somewhere, maybe.

Tiers will always exist, anyone who disagrees is either braindead or says it for the lulz. (knowing the fad)

lmao frown i just noticed ur sig is 2 good

dig digglettt son!

Hi.

gantrain05

Smash Master

Sorry guys.
i just really can't believe you said that MARIO FREAKIN GALAXY is better than super mario bros.....man you don't have a clue.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
8 original characters are low tier :(
Yes, and i belive that is not just coincidence.

Im prety sure that they (nitnendo) think the same way I do about this: Its BETTER to make sure that new chars don't suck than to have new chars suck. If new chars suck then no one would liek to play them. If they're way better, then in the next SSB they can nerf them a little, and then the next gen of new chars would again be made better on purpose.

Ya thats sorta just the logic/thing that Im thinking/think.

and just as a comment to the comments you guys are making, as in BETTER some people consider it to be: better than the game being compared TO, NOT "better in ITS OWN time". So I agree that Galaxy is better in the first tense, in the second tense then prob Super Mario bros is better since it introduced platforming games and all.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/

Im prety sure that they (nitnendo) think the same way I do about this: Its BETTER to make sure that new chars don't suck than to have new chars suck. If new chars suck then no one would liek to play them. If they're way better, then in the next SSB they can nerf them a little, and then the next gen of new chars would again be made better on purpose.
I don't even think they are aware of that. Do you think when they created the Brawl characters they went like: "Hmmm, let's make Wario better than Mario"? I wonder.

Barge

All I want is a custom title

Ya thats sorta just the logic/thing that Im thinking/think.

and just as a comment to the comments you guys are making, as in BETTER some people consider it to be: better than the game being compared TO, NOT "better in ITS OWN time". So I agree that Galaxy is better in the first tense, in the second tense then prob Super Mario bros is better since it introduced platforming games and all.
Watch, once more AT's get discovered, they'll probably shoot right back up.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
I don't even think they are aware of that. Do you think when they created the Brawl characters they went like: "Hmmm, let's make Wario better than Mario"? I wonder.
Well, to a certain extent they are. A lot of characters who were overly bad or good got nerfed/buffed. This changes them to different extents (Falco and Marth are still near the top, Fox is not) but there is a conscious effort to make some characters (say, Fox) worse and others (say, Bowser) worse.

But no, they don't try to order it, but they do try to push the characters on either end of the spectrum towards the middle if they can, I believe.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If they were really smart, they would make their most popular characters a lot better(Mario, Link, Falcon).....how on Earth are they going to have a third party character(Snake) and make him one of the best in the game.......it makes no sense to me.

Corigames

Smash Hero
And people find the change hard who played melee so they stick with what they know since brawl came out like 7 years after it so people had lots of time to hone their skills.
And you never played Melee competitively like most of your 08 bretheren so you really shouldn't be saying much!

k?

Fletch

Smash Master

Sorry guys.
I love a lot of the idiocy that takes place on these forums from the 08er's, but this might be my new favorite. Thanks for such an epic/stupid post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom