• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You know what, I should use Ike as one of my main's once again to raise his tier list as well as Mario. Now I'm starting to suck with Pit and Meta Knight and kill much more with Ike and Mario.... wierd huh?

But of course I will have to use Ness more in the tournment since Kirby's high tier and such, I kick butt with Ness as well. :D

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
OK I really don't understand how you can't see Ike and Lucas being severly overpowered? Its clear as day to me, espicially Ike. I mean he's almost as powerful as Ganondorf yet almost twice as fast. Plus his Side B is rediculously fast a character so strong. You've got to put him at least in the high tier, if not right at the top.
LOL... im so gonna sig that... but seriously.... ike is a beast on casual matches, but fails when it is a competitive match

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
a top tier character does not HAVE terrible machups and multiple bad ones... this is my point... he's top tier because of popularity and MK clearing out some of his counters
Well, maybe terrible was an exageration. According to the DeDeDe boards he has 1 7/3 which is Olimar, but I would argue that it should really only be 6/4. The intersting thing though is that he does well against the most common tourney characters. He does well against(in my opinion), Marth, Snake, Wario, and goes about even on MK which is better than most people can do. His only bad matchup in the top tier is Falco, which is why I think him and Falco should trade places.

He is also very good on certain stages, on a good stage, his bad matchups become even, and his good matchups become ****. Being good against Snake puts him pretty high by itself.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well, maybe terrible was an exageration. According to the DeDeDe boards he has 1 7/3 which is Olimar, but I would argue that it should really only be 6/4. The intersting thing though is that he does well against the most common tourney characters. He does well against(in my opinion), Marth, Snake, Wario, and goes about even on MK which is better than most people can do. His only bad matchup in the top tier is Falco, which is why I think him and Falco should trade places.

He is also very good on certain stages, on a good stage, his bad matchups become even, and his good matchups become ****. Being good against Snake puts him pretty high by itself.
while the DDD boards don't seem to give the same credit we do, the Zelda boards as well as many others, find Zelda a HARD counter for DDD.... at least 70:30 in Zelda's favour... with or without shiek.... she simply counters everything he could possibly throw at her.... combine that with the fact that Zelda fares well against every high or top tier character save marth and Game&watch and I think it's not unlikely for DDD to see one of them.

Nicole

Smash Champion
i don't understand why olimar is only middle tier. is it his recovery? he might be a lightweight, but he can KO well, has arguably the best projectile in the game, good aerials, and his small size makes him harder to hit. what's the deal?!

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I'll grant you that Zelda is a good counter for DDD, my roommate plays her so I have really learned to hate it. Don't know how I forgot it. But my point still stands that DDD has alot of really good stages, and even some of his counters will have trouble with him if you counterpick on the right stage.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'll grant you that Zelda is a good counter for DDD, my roommate plays her so I have really learned to hate it. Don't know how I forgot it. But my point still stands that DDD has alot of really good stages, and even some of his counters will have trouble with him if you counterpick on the right stage.
what stages might those be? I know Zelda pretty comfortably destroys him on her stages (luigi's mansion and battlefield) her WORST stage seems to be Lylat Cruise most of the time... but I don't know... does DDD like that stage?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Hellz yeah, Meta knight ftw! I knew it! Yet again, I main the best character, like in the last game how I mained Sheik, who was the best for the majority of the time; then wavedashing was discovered. :ohwell:

Anyways, good list. Still can't believe Dedede is so high though. I understand him having chaingrabs, but how else can he be used for good? Just curious. :confused:
Sheik is the best. Play Smash64 Pika and you get a "tire wh0re FTW!" sticker. >.>

Can someone please explain how DDD is top? Is it because he doesn't get ***** by MK. If that's the reason than I understand though it still seems iffy for him to be at 3rd with so many bad matchups. Zelda's hard (adding Sheik is just mean), Pika's hard (no discussion. this is fact), olimar's hard (not THAT hard to me anyway), diddy's hard (nanner's make penguins cry), etc. Those are very VERY difficult matchups for DDD. DDD only wins so much (i don't actually know since I don't go to tournies) cuz DDD mains have seconds for his bad matchups (DDD+MK is too good. M2K.... >.>)

Correct me if I'm wrong about any of that.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Can someone please explain how DDD is top? Is it because he doesn't get ***** by MK. If that's the reason than I understand though it still seems iffy for him to be at 3rd with so many bad matchups. Zelda's hard (adding Sheik is just mean), Pika's hard (no discussion. this is fact), olimar's hard (not THAT hard to me anyway), diddy's hard (nanner's make penguins cry), etc. Those are very VERY difficult matchups for DDD. DDD only wins so much (i don't actually know since I don't go to tournies) cuz DDD mains have seconds for his bad matchups (DDD+MK is too good. M2K.... >.>)
Lol wut?

Popularity, lots of strong match-ups, some bad match-ups, durability, good airials, and small stage advantages help Dedede in the competative scene. For some reason, Dedede is popular in Japan (who would have thought). In my tier list, I have him as fifth, below G&W and Falco, for some bad match-ups against Diddy, Zelda, Pikachu, ect.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Sheik is the best. Play Smash64 Pika and you get a "tire wh0re FTW!" sticker. >.>

• Zelda is severely underplayed... rarely will you run into one.... and, if she ain't played by masterful hands, she can have trouble with snake and MK... though pros should really have the masterful hands to cover this... but even pros have trouble with marth and game and watch.
  • We Zelda/Shiek mains are an even RARER occurance... so good luck finding us too... same problem with zelda about being even RARER with professional level skill.
  • Pika.. well this DOES pop up I guess... and makes it hard for him.
  • Olimar... gets ***** by too many top/high teir charcters to worry about him much.
  • diddy is another real threat.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
As he said, most of DDD's worst matchups are characters that aren't played much, and his best matchups are against popular characters. About my point on his stages, I wasn't talking about Zelda specifically, just his bad matchups in general. I don't know Zelda well enough to know what stages DDD should use on her, because as you said she isn't used often. I'll look into it though.

And for the record DDD's worst matchup of the characters that are frequently played, are other DDD's. DeDeDe doubles are lame.

Takumaru

Smash Lord

There's your and like 50 other people's problem right there.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
As he said, most of DDD's worst matchups are characters that aren't played much, and his best matchups are against popular characters. About my point on his stages, I wasn't talking about Zelda specifically, just his bad matchups in general. I don't know Zelda well enough to know what stages DDD should use on her, because as you said she isn't used often. I'll look into it though.

And for the record DDD's worst matchup of the characters that are frequently played, are other DDD's. DeDeDe doubles are lame.

Lamer than jigglypuff doubles in melee?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
does Wario grab release is going to down him to mid
Not at all.
-Wario is extremely evasive in the air and one of the hardest characters to consistently grab
-Grab release is not a problem as long as there is a platform newrby
-The characters that have grab release infinites on Wario are generally characters that have disadvantages vs him in every other area.
everyone who has an infinite on him with jump breaks not only has to time it right, but Wario had good match-ups against them to begin with anyway.
I use peach and I fought a good wario today... grabbing him past 90% equaled a sweetspotted usmash to his death...however I really didn't get that to happen too often. Believe me anyone with half a brain wont spend their time trying to grab a Wario....there are easier ways of killing....however if the oportunity is there we will capitalize on it.....Wario's fart is more of a threat to me then my grabrelease usmash to him...

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Better question, why do you always have to bring her up like some lame fanboy. We get it, you like zelda now move on to something else please.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
the regrab to grab release is mostly hard to do a smart Wario will ground break as soon as you pummel the grab release is mostly used to make sure Wario can't avoid the kill move or to rack damage

Barge

All I want is a custom title
OK I really don't understand how you can't see Ike and Lucas being severly overpowered? Its clear as day to me, espicially Ike. I mean he's almost as powerful as Ganondorf yet almost twice as fast. Plus his Side B is rediculously fast a character so strong. You've got to put him at least in the high tier, if not right at the top.
They're both very punishable, With ikes (well, everything) and Lucas' upsmash, Ike is slow, lucas is light. They're not very comparable to ganon anyways.

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
I don't need no stinkin tier list to Warlock Punch your *****.

But seriously, at least we've got a better visual on the skill of the characters. Good post.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
lol but did you know that in a ditto match of ddd if you get him near the edge you can cg him infinitely

Puddin

Smash Lord
They're both very punishable, With ikes (well, everything) and Lucas' upsmash, Ike is slow, lucas is light. They're not very comparable to ganon anyways.
Ike's Usmash is faster as well, with less end lag. But still a very punishable move. Ike is a highly underrated character, who is well deserving of his Middle Tier position. With incredible strength and decent speed, movement wise not [all] his attacks.

I don't need no stinkin tier list to Warlock Punch your *****.
QFT

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Not saying he isn't deserving, but he isn't overpowered as the person I quoted stated. I find it more of a pain fighting Dks, his ground pound thing gets an easy 15% + Fast smash attacks and powerful arial attacks.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Better question, why do you always have to bring her up like some lame fanboy. We get it, you like zelda now move on to something else please.
hrmm... could the reason POSSIBLY be because I'm a zelda main so, because I'm not an idiot, I don't randomly start interjecting about characters I don't know.... so, knowing a lot about Zelda... she'll be the one I'm most likely to interject about?

no... that can't be it... must be a fanboy. Why? becasue takumaru said so.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Ike is a highly underrated character, who is well deserving of his Middle Tier position. With incredible strength and decent speed, movement wise not [all] his attacks.
I see the opposite. Ike only has a few moves that seem to be useful: His A-A-A, his bair, his nair (to an extent), down-b (to an extent), and his up-smash (to an extent). He seems to have too much start-up lag and too poor of a recovery to last long in mid tier. I think that Samus, Mario, even the Mother boys have a decent chance of passing Ike on the tier list.

There needs to be a bottom teir.
*Points to sig*

I think I can recall Meta Kirby complaining about a lack of a bottom tier...

Puddin

Smash Lord
I see the opposite. Ike only has a few moves that seem to be useful: His A-A-A, his bair, his nair (to an extent), down-b (to an extent), and his up-smash (to an extent). He seems to have too much start-up lag and too poor of a recovery to last long in mid tier. I think that Samus, Mario, even the Mother boys have a decent chance of passing Ike on the tier list.
For the most part I agree, I'm not saying he's the poster boy of Mid Tier characters (whatever that means XD) because obviously he can't hold such a position for long with his slow attacks (or start up lag).

I can't entirely agree with you on his recovery, while it is limited he reminds me of Luigi. A huge heavy sword wielding Luigi who appears to use the momentum of his sword to travel as fast as Sonic running. But I do understand that his recovery is poor and very limited.

True. Fair enough.
Is that a play on words? Because you were discussing his Fair.

S.O.G.

Smash Rookie
Nice...poor C. Falcon and Ganondorf, but justice has been made....Snake is the greatest!...Urray! for Lucario, Hail to MK, good job DK, die Link!, Toon Link deserved to be high, but...its done

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm.... So when I freelance, I jump all across this list. Didn't expect it to be released so soon.
Anyway, why is Wolf higher than Toon Link? Is it because Wolf is present more in tournaments?

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Hmm.... So when I freelance, I jump all across this list. Didn't expect it to be released so soon.
Anyway, why is Wolf higher than Toon Link? Is it because Wolf is present more in tournaments?
...Because Wolf does better than Toon Link in tournaments? Quite frankly, tier lists are nothing. Don't worry, my friend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom