• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Looking forward to seeing some more of this... honestly I expect ROB to drop a place or two... hope Luigi goes up. BROKEN CHARACTER

woody72691

Smash Ace
M'kay class, this is my tier list, m'kay.

A+ TIER

Meta Knight

A TIER:

Snake
Falco
King Dedede
Wario
Diddy Kong
Mr. Game & Watch

B TIER:

Marth
Olimar
Pikachu
R.O.B
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Zero Suit Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach

C TIER:

Toon Link
Pit
Wolf
Weegee
Sheik
Bowser
Zelda
Fox
Sonic
Yoshi
Ike
Ness

D TIER:

Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Samus
Link
Jigglypuff

F TIER:

Captain Falcon
Ganondorf

yours is perfect but pit shouldnt be that low

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Not that low? He's on the brink to High Tier. At the current state of the Metagame, I think it's pretty spot on.

Snowstalker's list is one of the best I've seen so far. Only thing I would change is putting MK into his own tier. Put him into your A tier, and I'd fully support it. Especially because of Marth, <3 you for that, heehee.

woody72691

Smash Ace
no i think pit beats out toon link but a litte not much. metagame could be a reason i really dont have one. but there so similar

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
The only way he's jumping up tremendously is if Sonic does. As in, Sonic had a even bigger rise in tournament results between the first and second tier list, and only went up 2 spots.

PT will be lucky to go up one spot.
The difference is, that Sonic is mind games, I'm no Sonic expert, and while he does have many natural advantages, he's got a game that's still pretty heavy on outsmarting your opponent, and it's hard to put a real value on a character under circumstances like that.

PT on the other hand, has character traits that are clear, and have just been recently shown in tournament. Squirtle's aerial movement, Ivy's percentage building ability, Zard's grab release shenanigans.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
You know alot of people are saying blank should be higher, and stuff. But what im starting to realize from about Dk down through to about Ness, the gap between the characters isn't all that big, If the game was just with these Chars, it would be really balanced. Its just that MK to about the IC, are the characters who are clearly better. and that lucas, link, jiggly, ganon, samus and c.falcon are cleaarly the worst. Everyone inbetween could be debated about till ends meet about where they "belong". To me I don't take offence that the chars like luigi, or zelda(my other mains) are "lower then they should be" because really it isn't that big of a deal because a good zelda will beat an average pit, likewise a good pit will beat a average zelda.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Not true. If they excluded those characters, it'd look something like this:

S Tier
Pikachu 10.34

A Tier
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

B Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44

C Tier
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91
Luigi 7.41

D Tier
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66

E Tier
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50

F Tier
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Straked wins.

Then again though the kid does bring up a point.

Let's say for discussion purposes MK was banned from tourney play, would there be any clear-cut top tiers? I could see an incease in some diversity in the top tiers (Marth, Snake, D3, and Falco come to my mind)... whereas the low tiers will either be unaffected or even more tourney unviable (WTF is a Donkey Kong, like seriously?!)

So how about it, food for thought fellas?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, we've talked Ness vs. Lucas to death, MK vs. Snake, and everything else. MK's always a popular topic.

Marth will rise, seeing as how that's his hardest matchup. And he has few disadvantages, according to the Marth boards, anyway. Meta Knight being banned can only help the other top characters. And yeah, low tiers are gonna have it pretty tough, now that they don't even have a MK second.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah, we've talked Ness vs. Lucas to death, MK vs. Snake, and everything else. MK's always a popular topic.

Marth will rise, seeing as how that's his hardest matchup. And he has few disadvantages, according to the Marth boards, anyway. Meta Knight being banned can only help the other top characters. And yeah, low tiers are gonna have it pretty tough, now that they don't even have a MK second.
At the same time, a fair amount of them are where they are because of MK and/or Dedede.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Ya. Diddy for example. It was NinjaLink beating M2K with Diddy that made people realize the little monkey's potential, and thus made him rise up, and probably rise even more.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord

S Tier
Pikachu 10.34

A Tier
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

B Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44

C Tier
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91
Luigi 7.41

D Tier
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66

E Tier
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50

F Tier
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66
I excluded Kirby, ZSS, IC, and PIka from what i said, bcuz i think DK is below each of them.(DK to about Ness is what said) And i never said there wouldn't be a tier list for them, i said that the gap between them wouldn't be big, meaning a Ness is just as viable as a Zelda, Pit, Wolf, etc.

But banning MK still won't help them much, as other top chars still destory many of them, i.e. Marth, G&W. Banning MK will only help those who only get destroyed by him, which isn't many, from my head id say Toon Link is one of the only ones.

Kaybee

Smash Rookie
Honestly I have so much trouble with G&W as it is I don't want to think about all those MK mains picking him up. At least when I fight a MK and lose I can john about MK being broken/overpowered/lagless/purple/stupid/weird/ghey. Losing to G&W all I can do is say something like "I highly doubt a turtle would do 15 damage IRL".

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well, keep in mind. That would make Pikachu the best in the game, so we have to ban him. He can use his Up-B attack twice and his down-b is super borken.

.Marik

is a social misfit

S Tier
Pikachu 10.34

A Tier
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

B Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44

C Tier
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91
Luigi 7.41

D Tier
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66

E Tier
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50

F Tier
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66
Straked, how could you? :(

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I was going by the list the Ness guy gave me... I'm so sorry. ;____;
Yoshi for Eggroll tier.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I was going by the list the Ness guy gave me... I'm so sorry. ;____;
Yoshi for Eggroll tier.
Wrong list is wrong, lol.

Holy snap, new SmashBoards meme in the making?!

I vote Yoshi for Eggroll Tier! :p

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well, Yoshi's roll is actually an egg roll. And if I ever do eat an egg roll, I'll always think of Yoshi...

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
But Sonic doesn't relate to Steak I don't think, so Yoshi's gotta be random too...in fact, everyone's getting tiers. Luigi's in gasoline tier, Ike in sneeze tier, Peach in STD tier, Pikachu in Pie Puncher tier, DK in Couch Licker tier...more to come.

LUUUULZ. Seriosly, jk though.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
.... ness will be up there soon enough... once i start getting to tourneys with my new-found skittles (... not the candy).

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Steak >>> Eggrolls

in the food sense, and in the brawl character sense, and even in the straight up meme quality sense
if steak >>> eggrolls, then does MK = Steak? who would be steak if yoshi is eggroll? (i know this is a complete joke but roll with it)

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Lucas has potential but is ***** by grab releases. He's definitely not a character you can measure by regular means. But..Ness is just immediately the apparent superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom