• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Atlas, it says "smash n00b" under your name for good reason, apparently.

Tier-lists are created in order to show which characters have demonstrated over time that they are in fact better, or worse, than others.

THIS tier-list is essentially a compiled version of the "mini-tiers" that you mentioned. It lets us know which characters have the best/worth combination of every element in the game, and which characteristics pay off the best in tournament play (in other words, where player skill is essentially the same).

Sure, you may be miles ahead of your brother when it comes to skill in this game. But that doesn't matter, because there is someone out there who is at exactly your skill level, and when they choose MK, their chances of winning outweigh yours, even though you have the same exact level of skill.

M.K

Level 55
If I were recovering a lot, I wouldn't be dead. Just recovering.
Your sheer stupidity on the topic baffles me.
Recovery puts you in a disadvantageous position, therefore, if you are recovering ALOT, you are in a disadvantageous position ALOT of the time.

learn2logic.

Atlas242

Smash Cadet
MK is not dominating the tounement results, the players who use him are. If MK were dominating, that would imply the AI MK, which, lets face it, sucks.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
MK is not dominating the tounement results, the players who use him are.
Nitpicky butt.

Okay, so you recognize MK players (just for you) are dominating.

Why do you guess they DO dominate so extremely? Because they think his mask is cool? Or is it rather because the character is just too good?

Atlas242

Smash Cadet
logic would say if Im recovering all that much, I wouldn't actually be dead, where as if MK were as good as he's said to be, the most I'd be recovering in a 3 stock match would be 3 times. Last time I checked, 3 is not a lot.

MK players choose MK because they like his speed and recovery and don't mind the small forefit of power and weight.

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
....the AI mk.....wow, every AI character sucks!! if you have the best mk in the world, play the best captain falcon in the world, they have the same experience and same skill level for their characters, but since mk is a way better character he will win! face it mk is the best character in the game, dont you wonder why people are talking about banning him?? or is that just for fun?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
logic would say if Im recovering all that much, I wouldn't actually be dead, where as if MK were as good as he's said to be, the most I'd be recovering in a 3 stock match would be 3 times. Last time I checked, 3 is not a lot.
Aha... Ahahahaha... Oh my god. This is so good... I think I have to sig that.

God. If you have no idea about competetive gameplay or the gameplay in general, please, don't post BS like that.

Seriously. That post I quoted proves you have NO idea about this game, what a tierlist says, what recovering means for you as a player, and everything else.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Seriously. That post I quoted proves you have NO idea about this game, what a tierlist says, what recovering means for you as a player, and everything else.
Well I think we knew that LONG before now.

Everyone already knows MK is the best character... -_-
Except for our good friend Atlas, apparently.

Atlas242

Smash Cadet
Perhaps the CF in your senario was in pesemistic light since they say that CF is the worst and MK is the best. With psycological testing they often use placeebos to try to eliminate that factor.

If there was a hypothetical place where they played Smash, And I told them CF was the best character and MK was the worst, the role would reverse and the MK player would then be doubting his chances of success

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord

MK players choose MK because they like his speed and recovery and don't mind the small forefit of power and weight.
I lol'd @ this post.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Perhaps the CF in your senario was in pesemistic light since they say that CF is the worst and MK is the best. With psycological testing they often use placeebos to try to eliminate that factor.

If there was a hypothetical place where they played Smash, And I told them CF was the best character and MK was the worst, the role would reverse and the MK player would then be doubting his chances of success
A few things:

1) You misspelled placebo.
2) No.
3) The mindset of the player would not change the fact that a character's qualities overall are better than those of the opponent. Brawl isn't magic, it's computers.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord

CF isn't the worst character, IMO CF has a lot of potential its just that phew people play him at a competitive level and noneone has realized how good he is.

This is how G tier should be.

G tier

Link
Ganon
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Hahahaha.

Maybe if that hypothetical Smash was done by a hypothetical Sakurai hypothetically making Captain Falcon better than MK.

Here, watch tournament videos:
Mew2King, the best Brawl player against Snakeee, the best Zero Suit Samus player:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT4Nqs0QxaY

And I'd say even though M2K is the best player overall, Snakeee is - when it comes to skill - similarily good.

Atlas242

Smash Cadet
If someone was in a situation where they found themselves recovering alot, why then would they not pick a character that has some advantages on the recover like Snake sonic and rob who can all attack out of their recovery, where as metaknight is incapable of movement after recovery until hit or lands.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
If someone was in a situation where they found themselves recovering alot, why then would they not pick a character that has some advantages on the recover like Snake sonic and rob who can all attack out of their recovery, where as metaknight is incapable of movement after recovery until hit or lands.
If you were using an overall good character like Meta Knight, on the other hand, you wouldn't need to recover as much.

You need a brain transplant. Yours clearly has a severe logic deficiency.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I dunno bout Jiggs being lower than those 3, sure, her upB is absolutely useless in this version (opponent must be at 200%+ in order for sleep to last longer than its lag) BUT she has a better recovery than all 3, and therefore isn't as limited =P

Atlas, how many tournaments have you been to? How many have you placed in top8? How many have you won money from? How many have you won?

Ok. Since 0 is most likely the answer to all of my questions to you, let me ask you another.

Why will you not see the light of reason? MK is far superior to the rest of the cast, go study his frame data. It'll scream out to you exactly what we've been explaining to you for a few pages now. MK is superior, the rest were designed to be inferior. Get over it. It doesn't mean you can't play another character, it just means your character isn't as good as MK (and never will be).

/Atlas

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
mk has an awesome recovery! 1. you can glide! 2. you can use side-b or nado to get back to the stage, 3. mk up-b has invincibility frames.
We all know that MK has the best recovery in the game & All of his B moves can be used as a recovery method.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
A) They could work on facets of their game that are non-character related, like DI, and not getting hit

B) Because they might be recovering a lot because of their character, but it is worth it to them. For example, I am sure Atomsk fails to recover more than Hylian. Yet no one tells Atomsk to play GaW instead of olimar. Some tradeoffs have to be done.

C) MK has a better recovery than Snake, and Rob, IDK about sonic... Although MK's is probably better in that matchup as Sonic cannot gimp a good MK often at all...

Also, you realize that MK can attack out of his multiple jumps, or his glide. He can also recover with 2 attacks, or an aerial after said glide. MK can attack out of recovery, what character are you thinking of?

Atlas242

Smash Cadet
But I believe that one main quality of tiers is that they fluctuate, and tomorrow someone else could be on top. And eventually over time that is quite possible as seen in the meele tiers. Your right, I do see the light. I see that today popular consensus is that metaknight is the best, but the way that is judged, its bound to end

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
MK is quite simply the Sheik of Brawl; easy to pick up and obviously good in virtually every way. Sure, you can't just pick up MK and expect to win against a competent player who knows the match-up well, but it's pretty clear that MK is the best character in the game as of now; insane tourney results and virtually no known bad match-ups of any kind back this statement up. If you can prove that MK is not the best or more importantly, that you can prove that there is/are (a) character(s) that is/are “better” than him, then the SBR will take notice and will modify the tier list accordingly, after a great deal of research first of course. How do you prove something like this? The same way MK did.

Atlas242

Smash Cadet
The evidence is not here now, but its bound to be someday. History repeats itself, quite simply because we're all not as simple minded as I tend to believe. Somebody somewhere is bound to figure out how impractical it is to try to beat Metaknight with the same tactics that they've been using, and then figure out that the easiest way to change tactics is to change characters. People who fight against Metaknight will be caught off guard by this new aproach and start to say the new way is better and all join on the band wagon. And then the cycle repeats

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
But I believe that one main quality of tiers is that they fluctuate, and tomorrow someone else could be on top. And eventually over time that is quite possible as seen in the meele tiers. Your right, I do see the light. I see that today popular consensus is that metaknight is the best, but the way that is judged, its bound to end
Tiers do change, but the general arrangement is the same. Characters like MK, Dedede, Falco, and Marth will always be top, and characters like Ganon, Jiggs, and Yoshi will always be low. That shows that there is a definite gap between the good and bad characters.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Can someone explain me why people think Yoshi are is bad?
IMO he should be atleast below Ness & Lucas.
I don't see any massive flaws, Yoshi has a good chaingrab on almost all the cast and he has the closest matchup versus MK and awesome aerials.

Atlas242

Smash Cadet
But wouldn't that be the most radical tactic change. To pick up yoshi and say watch this, and all of a sudden its yoshi dancing across the screen with metaknight clapping in the corner. Not saying that will happen, just saying there's potential for it. If the tiers show characters potential, why can they not show that, since I've clearly been egnoledged on the potential thing. And if that be so it would be impossible to arange the tiers since no one is quite sure who has, and how much potential there is.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Can someone explain me why people think Yoshi are is bad?
IMO he should be atleast below Ness & Lucas.
I don't see any massive flaws, Yoshi has a good chaingrab on almost all the cast and he has the closest matchup versus MK and awesome aerials.
I wasn't saying Yoshi was bad. I was just using him as an example of a low tier. I personally think he should be higher as well.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
LOL PWNT!!

Tiers do exist, M2K won't beat a MK player like Dojo while using Captain Falcon.

Atlas242

Smash Cadet
We can destroy entire cities with nuclear warheads. Should we. If I were to just ignore this, and tomorrow Im sterill due to nuclear fallout, do you think I can ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom