• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official R.O.B. PR/Tournament Results Archive

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Lol so far both of the two Syracuse tourneys that Ive gone to have had about half the expected attendance...

Oneida Smash Tournament 11/21

3/9
Defeated Acton(Falco)
Lost to Cura (ICs)
Defeated Bry (Pikachu)
Defeated Sharky(Yoshi)
Lost to Cura (ICs/MK)

Defeated Pdiddy(Diddy Kong) $1

I dunno if this even counts...

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Lol so far both of the two Syracuse tourneys that Ive gone to have had about half the expected attendance...

Oneida Smash Tournament 11/21

3/9
Defeated Acton(Falco)
Lost to Cura (ICs)
Defeated Bry (Pikachu)
Defeated Sharky(Yoshi)
Lost to Cura (ICs/MK)

Defeated Pdiddy(Diddy Kong) $1

I dunno if this even counts...
I'll put it in, but I doubt it'll weigh much when it comes to discussion time.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
lol i so played cura on wifi...he wrecked me
Im actually really pissed about this, last time I played him, I JV 2-stocked his ICs but lost to his MK, this time, I couldn't even pull off a win against his ICs... I need to step it up!
IC's gyro-holding game is too good. They don't even need standard attacks vs ROB.

Sudai

Stuff here
The Gyro isn't important vs ICs, imo. Ice blocks are easy enough to deal without it and you should just be hard camping lasers. Even if they couldn't hold it, Blizzard > Gyro. It's honestly very useless outside of edge guarding in that MU.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
The Gyro isn't important vs ICs, imo. Ice blocks are easy enough to deal without it and you should just be hard camping lasers. Even if they couldn't hold it, Blizzard > Gyro. It's honestly very useless outside of edge guarding in that MU.
Generally, I use it to control the space mostly, it makes dealing with the ice blocks easier sometimes. Idk, I could have played better the whole match, but I kinda let that get to me. Whatevs. Im gonna get revenge in december (i hope...). This coming tourney will definitely be bigger.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I still like using the gyro. Controlling the space yeah, as well as the boost it gives me from glide tossing, edge guarding, ruining Nana and increasing my spam potential so that I can even get a fully charged laser.

Sudai

Stuff here
Well yeah, I'm not saying don't use the Gyro. It'll always be important in some aspect, but if you see they're just taking it and controlling it every time, don't give it to them. Just keep it charged and a constant thread while they recover.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Idk how many times I've said it....any tournaments you attended and participated in AFTER THE DATE OF THE OP OF THIS THREAD is allowed. Anything before that = no.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Idk how many times I've said it....any tournaments you attended and participated in AFTER THE DATE OF THE OP OF THIS THREAD is allowed. Anything before that = no.
Just saying you forgot to mention my placement in the tourney i gave you.

Overall placing: 3/30

*EDIT
I srsly think you need a structure instead of copy pasting. Cause otherwise it look like unorganized crap.
Make it more like the old rankings, now that was good.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Did I ever get who you beat/lost to for that one? I think I would've put it up there if I got those, but there is a chance I may have missed it, so I'll look again.

And, what old ranking system? :s

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh hey i got 2nd at an nc mk banned tourney like 3 weeks ago

ugh havent been to an mk unbanned tourney since september -,- guess what, the next tourney i'm going to (dec 19) is mk banned as well. ugh im so pissed about that, but oh well.

anyways I beat some dude, then Bo (Snake), then lost to Peepee (i cant use my precious mk so i get ***** :() then I beat like Mitsurugi (Snake) Ragnarok (DK) Karn (Wario) Shady (Snake) and Devin (Marth) then I lose to PP in Grand Finals, but I actually took 2 games off him this time (w/ ROB) so I was happy.

i beat pp in a $5 mm with mk and also a fox named duo in a mm. the fox was the one who put me in losers in that september tourney (i was rob). **** rob, terrible character

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
in tourney i have recently beat Chip, Valdens, Jem, Zeionut, Bladewise.

assuming this is a bragging thread

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well

it's a

tournament results archive

so yes

bragging thread

also you beat jem? did he use mk? that's impressive. i know chip uses tl but idk how good he is. same with valdens/gaw

stingers

Smash Obsessed
at least u live in a region that lets you play mk. my mk hasn't seen a tournament since september and i've been playing him nonstop. it sucks.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
???
I wish he were banned here, that would make my day.
Im sick and tired of losing to anyone who can find him on the character select screen, Ive tried lots of things, ROB is hopeless, and Im finally down to just using him as a secondary for the ditto, and eventually working him into my new main.

I just got back from a tourney, where obviously I only lost to scrub MK's, people who switch to him after i beat their mains and i couldnt do S***, I dont really feel like explaining how bad it was ill post the vids once theyre up, basically i was JV 2 stocking a good diddy player 2nd match, when a controler error made me >B and SD at 4%, he went MK last match and won.

I sat down with M2K for awhile and practiced the MK ditto, tho idk what i got out of it since I didnt have the MU and he ***** mys hit in a 10 stock match.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i mean mk wins the matchup. no doubt. but scrub mks shouldn't beat a good rob. its not that hopeless.

you gotta camp alot and stay grounded. you have the advantage from afar, and you have the advantage on the ground. if you can keep him out of the air you can win. easier said then done lol, but against predictable mks its not that bad.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
yeah but they were smart at least, and i only used ROB once against MK, then Pika, then MK dittos.
and its more the getting back to the stage without getting gimped thing, I put out tons of effort to damage him and possibly get a kill and it takes about two good edgeguards to run ROB out of fuel.

oh yeah, thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8967288#post8967288
I definitely should have had 9th (once you see the vids youll see why) and possibly 7th, King Beef and me would have been a good match.

edit: my doubles placing wasnt too bad.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
lol. what is this based off of?
If you'd stop fukking around on AiB and come to the GOOD Smash site, maybe you would've been here for the discussion. <_<

From what I hear, you don't use R.O.B. as much compared to Snake, anyways. Dunno how true that is, but just sayin'. lolz

Stockfield

Smash Champion
i mean mk wins the matchup. no doubt. but scrub mks shouldn't beat a good rob. its not that hopeless.

you gotta camp alot and stay grounded. you have the advantage from afar, and you have the advantage on the ground. if you can keep him out of the air you can win. easier said then done lol, but against predictable mks its not that bad.
Yeah dude I beat my friend's MK all the time with ROB.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Yeah dude I beat my friend's MK all the time with ROB.
im not talking about friendlies with friends, in that case yeah ill take games from anyone (cept M2K and i have yet to fight judge at all) but im talking about mid to high level competitive play, in bracket when there is no limit to how gay someone will play, any honor may cost you the match.

and against someone who i was 2 stocking all their other characters in friendlies, so they went MK when we met in bracket and played gay as possible.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
well

it's a

tournament results archive

so yes

bragging thread

also you beat jem? did he use mk? that's impressive. i know chip uses tl but idk how good he is. same with valdens/gaw
well, TECHNICALLY i went snake the games I won... I can post the link to the match I used ROB. If i were to play him again I think I would win with robot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdZE7j_asQE

All R.O.B. vs Chip, Zeio, and Bladewise though.

If you'd stop fukking around on AiB and come to the GOOD Smash site, maybe you would've been here for the discussion. <_<

From what I hear, you don't use R.O.B. as much compared to Snake, anyways. Dunno how true that is, but just sayin'. lolz
I have been using ROB more than Snake Recently, but i use both pretty evenly (occasional Wario/MK thrown in the mix)

Top Bottom