• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official R.O.B. PR/Tournament Results Archive

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
DSO Biweekly 9
October 18th 2009

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Ninja Edd (he forfeited)
Lost to Rookie (1-2)

Losers' bracket
Defeated Oody (2-0)
Lost to Max (0-2)

13/34

jjvirus

Smash Champion
We've been through this already. ~_~

Go find the thread we discussed it in. It was like 3 pages long (if you use the standard 15 posts per page thing).

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
To get in a pro bracket you need to have a certain amount of wins or recognition and/or place in the top whatever in the amateur bracket.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wow. That's a pretty lame bracket. You barely even got to play at all.
yea max somehow got knocked into losers unexpectedly early (well he was seeded quite low originally but then turned out to be a top player) and my set with rookie was soooo close.

but yea it wasnt much

either way, ima be at the huge viridian city this weekend

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
yea max somehow got knocked into losers unexpectedly early (well he was seeded quite low originally but then turned out to be a top player) and my set with rookie was soooo close.

but yea it wasnt much

either way, ima be at the huge viridian city this weekend
Cool, me too. Maybe you can give me some pointers on some of the different match-ups?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
This probably isn't the place ( i knu it isnt lol ) buuuut, i found something new with rob...or at least it should be new...and it's much cooler than boost hogging <3

ill make a thread when i get video equipment (soon)

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
i-i-i...what I meant to say was...

can I at least have a name slot on the OP (edit: i mean the results archive spot)? or must I earn that some how? or just post results and then get put there.

thanks for keeping my head on straight, sudai :p

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I thought I already had you added, Eric, but I guess not. lol You're all set now.

Dayum @ Sudai layin' da law down.

Chibo you still makin' that banner/logo thing for the OP?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
il work on an img soon

UHHHHHHGGGGG me vs NL was so freicken close yesterdaaaaaaay
im soooo disgruntled about it that i keeeeep extending all theeeeese worrrrrrrds

vid up tonight

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Viridian City 6

Placed 33/100

Defeated Gunblade
Lost to NinjaLink
Lost to RJ

Money Matches

Defeated CJT $1
Lost to Bum $5
Lost to P~S $5
Lost to Dabuz $3

I'm such a scrub. I need a counter for Lucario and DDD. Thinkin about Diddy.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
give someone a minimum skill u would say to bold

i would say no, but just makin sure. i mean hes not bad, but i feel like im better than him. i just have a lucario problem. he beat me matches 1 and 3 with luc. when he went mk match 2 when i CPd frigate i won somewhat easily.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
R.O.B. can't go it alone in tournaments :(, secondary is necessary
i plan i proving this wrong. All i need is to get more experience vs diddy and snake and become better at fighting oli and my rob is ready to go solo. (i get to play a very good mk and i am doing oddly well against him)

Edit: not saying i have found a way to beat mk i still need to ply more mk. But I think I ca I think I can I think I can :)

Sudai

Stuff here
i plan i proving this wrong. All i need is to get more experience vs diddy and snake and become better at fighting oli and my rob is ready to go solo. (i get to play a very good mk and i am doing oddly well against him)

Edit: not saying i have found a way to beat mk i still need to ply more mk. But I think I ca I think I can I think I can :)
Best of luck. Glad to see someone delusional enough to think he can place top 3 at any regional, much less national, tournament going solo ROB. :]

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Best of luck. Glad to see someone delusional enough to think he can place top 3 at any regional, much less national, tournament going solo ROB. :]

Im not that delusional, even when DEEPLY under the influence. Yet, I still do it. Im such a masochist. *drags out the kinkeh sessy toys* Anyone here a Top?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

lol u named a matchup ROB wins, one where he goes even or wins, and one where he only slightly loses. those 3 shouldnt be troublesome at all

as for RJ being state ranked. ummmmm
well hes NJ iirc, and NJ is fairly stacked. though they do top 15. hes too inactive though to be ranked. judging by his skill tho id say he could potentially be a candidate.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Viridian City 6

Placed 65/100 lolz

Defeated King Yoshi
Lost to slikvik
Lost to RizMF

Money Matches

Lost to Chibo $1 (Went to game three... I'll get you next time, Chibo)
Lost to Mike G $2

I'm such a scrub. I need to learn to play this game.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207

Don't listen to those other chumps because I believe R.O.B. can do it alone as well<3

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
first off thats the spirt Mister Eric.

2nd the three MU i named are the three i have a problem with or don't know at all and once i get them down i don't see anything keeping me back but my own mistakes.

3rd rob MU for the most part are not that bad there is no reason he can't go solo.

4th i get some good practice in and know i can beat top players, i do very well against the best DK on the EC.

5th ROB is under played so many people don't know the MU giving rob a even better chance.

Lastly i just have to hope i don't come across the one zzs since i am not use to that MU ether but its only snakeee (at least he's the only one i know about in my area)

PS i don't think i can place top 3 at least not right now, have any of you played ally? i have and he is scary good and know the rob MU to well.

IT CAN BE DONE AND I WILL DO IT

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
first off thats the spirt Mister Eric.

2nd the three MU i named are the three i have a problem with or don't know at all and once i get them down i don't see anything keeping me back but my own mistakes.

3rd rob MU for the most part are not that bad there is no reason he can't go solo.

4th i get some good practice in and know i can beat top players, i do very well against the best DK on the EC.

5th ROB is under played so many people don't know the MU giving rob a even better chance.

Lastly i just have to hope i don't come across the one zzs since i am not use to that MU ether but its only snakeee (at least he's the only one i know about in my area)

PS i don't think i can place top 3 at least not right now, have any of you played ally? i have and he is scary good and know the rob MU to well.

Ally is never losing to any ROB, not after playing so much with me :)

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Only S tier characters are placing top 4 at a national, but if it means that much to you...

Edit: CJT and Chibo, I'll get your results in later today.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
can I at least have a name slot on the OP (edit: i mean the results archive spot)? or must I earn that some how? or just post results and then get put there.
I can haz too? I guess its better late then never to start being active on the ROB boards.
Silhouette (Ohio)
green ROB
As for tournies Ive been pretty inactive this quarter due to marching band, but i was at least able to make one tournie.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8598342#post8598342

The GOD KAIS Present MWC-E #1
winners:
Lost to M2K (0-2) [1st] (took him to last stock on mansion 2nd round, wish it was recorded ='[

Lost to Nope (0-2) [7th]

overall bracket screwed
25th/61

7th/19 in doubles

R.O.B. can't go it alone in tournaments :(, secondary is necessary
This has always been my problem, I always go straight rob in tournies and dead end the moment i hit a MK or Lucario. I havn't really considered getting a secondary up to par until recently, just johned about bad matchups. I've been working Diddy and MK since then, problem is MK is nowhere near my play style, I still hate him!

The diddy matchups all item controll and ledge camping, stay in the air, luckily the ol ROBbot has a good glide toss which really helps :chuckle: the other two go back and fourth, I have trouble with oli from lack of experience, and snake is always a tough fight, for me it depends how agro the snake wants to be, the less agro the better. MK is the bane of ROBs existence, no matter how much experience i get against good MK's I still get blown away by the scrubnado at any random point.

THATS THE SPIRIT!

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Holy: yea good job teaching him the MU :( jk. yea i think i have to go zelda against him, she was my first main and i was winning with her in a friendly against him until we got kicked off the tv.

In the MK MU i really don't find the nado to be that big of deal. Don't get me wrong its annoying but only if the mk is using it right and even then i can often get away from it. After the nado if u shield it all and he lands next to u rob gets a free d-smash if he starts running away and u shielded it all u get a free f-tilt, if he runs across the stage u get nothing as far i can tell right now but just start the spam back up.

There are no good lucarios in NY, or at least no good ones i have heard about.

When i go to a tourney and play more MK if my ideas on how to fight him work i will write a guide or something (i am a bad writer but if its hard to understand i will try to explain again). Sadly no tourney i can go to until maybe nov 14th.

Also mk is the bane of everyone ones existence i mean look at my sig it shows around how broken mk is.

Sudai

Stuff here
The problem with the MK MU is -not- the Tornado. It's that he's overall faster, out ranges us, and can force us to act before him and that he can punish 90% of our actions on reaction. :/

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
sudai its true he can punish uch of what rob does on reaction but he can not force us to act first. We start of spaming and force him to come at us are jab, d-smash,jab are faster then anything he can do and jab ad d-tilt are not that easy to punish., are f-tilt out ranges a lot of what he does and since all his moves have transiant(know i spelled this wrong) priority we can hit him with f-tilt throw his f-tilt is spaced right. I am not sure in the air but i think robs fair out ranges mk's (but i never suggest going in the air in this fight). are up-tilt is great if he is right above u. I thought the biggest problem in this MU is recovery since he is supper gay in the air, when i recover i often go low and and up-air and since are moves can't clash up-air beats his dair alot. If i have to recover higher i get scared since he is going to up-B so i just throw out random nairs and it can beat his up-B. This is by no means a good MU for rob but its doable.

Also for the nado if u r in it try holding up on the control stick then mashing jump u can foot stool out of the nado (does not work 100% of the time but does work often)

Edit: also if he glide attacks u or up B's at u while u are on the ground u can grab him after he attacks with it

Sudai

Stuff here
I don't feel like arguing all the wrong points in your post because, frankly, it's all been covered a number of times. I'll let you stay delusional if you want, or you can go look in the MK MU threads to see why he forces us to react and then you'll understand. Besides, this isn't the place for this at all.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
u r right this is not the place for this but i think u are the one who is in some kinda of delusion, it seems like someone said rob can't beat mk and since its a hard MU u want yea seems right and can;t even begin to realize it can be done. but as u said this is not the place for this plus i g2g to class so thats enough for now

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I hope you know that no INTELLIGENT R.O.B. main agrees with anything you're saying. Quit while you're ahead and don't talk nonsense.

Top Bottom