• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Pokemon Trading and Battling Center (Friend Codes for Friend Safari here!)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Does anyone here have any Meloetta / Genesect clones they're willing to part with? I missed out on those two last generation and I'm unhappy about it. I have shinies if you want them.

I'm willing to part with a shiny roggenrola and/or mawile.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Eh, you probably shouldn't be trying to use those things on Pokemon that are weak to that certain move.
I chose those pokemon because since they are weak to that move, they will most likely get hit by those moves. I know it isn't that smart of a choice, but that's why I also stated that there are other items that people would choose instead.
This, especially if Icicle Spear is involved; attacks 2-5 would not be affected by Multiscale at all.
Wouldn't the first hit be affected by multiscale? It wouldn't matter anyways though, because 4x damage for every hit doesn't sound survivable at all.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Does anyone here have any Meloetta / Genesect clones they're willing to part with? I missed out on those two last generation and I'm unhappy about it. I have shinies if you want them.

I'm willing to part with a shiny roggenrola and/or mawile.
I could clone Meloetta and Genesect. Do you prefer Japanese or English? Also, regular Genesect or Japanese Red Genesect?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wouldn't the first hit be affected by multiscale? It wouldn't matter anyways though, because 4x damage for every hit doesn't sound survivable at all.
Yes the first hit would be halved by Multiscale, but because Icicle Spear deals 2-5 hits, the remaining attacks would not be affected by that ability at all. Likewise, Icicle Spear can bypass Sturdy after the first attack, if it's not on Shedinja.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yes the first hit would be halved by Multiscale, but because Icicle Spear deals 2-5 hits, the remaining attacks would not be affected by that ability at all. Likewise, Icicle Spear can bypass Sturdy after the first attack, if it's not on Shedinja.
Sturdy on Shedinja sounds OP...or would it not work at all?

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
If it has Wonder Guard.. then how can it have Sturdy at the same time?

If we were talking about a Focus Sash, then I would understand.

Excuse me for derailing the imagination train.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Stealth rocks, sandstorm, and hail also affect it. If you could skill swap Wonder guard for sturdy (which isn't possible), then Shedinja would be OP. Of course, it won't be able to survive any status moves, sandstorm/hail, and what Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yes, we were talking about a "what if" situation where Shedinja could have Sturdy. Still, I would think that if Sturdy can be programmed onto a Pokemon with 1HP, the programming could make an exception and say it can't survive the one hit.

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
It doesn't make that "exception" when Focus Sash is on it.

There are some more ways that aren't quite as common to deal with Shedinja. Fire/Grass Pledge, Flame Bursting its partner in Doubles/Triples, Trapping moves with damage (Fire Spin, Whirlpool, Infestation), Curse with a Ghost-type, Confusion, Rough Skin/Iron Barbs if it makes contact, Sticky Barb, Aftermath, Future Sight, putting it in a position to force it to Struggle via PP Stall or some shenanigans.

Probably a few more things I've yet to mention. I don't think it'd be as OP as much as it would be stupid and obnoxious.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It doesn't make that "exception" when Focus Sash is on it.

There are some more ways that aren't quite as common to deal with Shedinja. Fire/Grass Pledge, Flame Bursting its partner in Doubles/Triples, Trapping moves with damage (Fire Spin, Whirlpool, Infestation), Curse with a Ghost-type, Confusion, Rough Skin/Iron Barbs if it makes contact, Sticky Barb, Aftermath, Future Sight, putting it in a position to force it to Struggle via PP Stall or some shenanigans.

Probably a few more things I've yet to mention. I don't think it'd be as OP as much as it would be stupid and obnoxious.
I would be fine with the Focus Sash thing because it's one time use anyways before it disappears. Still, even if there are plenty of options to take down Shedinja, it would be annoying to have to deal with one if for some reason it had Sturdy.

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
I completely forgot Destiny Bond, Spiky Shield w/ contact and tricking it Life Orb.

I can see Sturdy Shedinja overall being just as annoying for the user as it is for the opponent; at least with Wonder Guard, you can just be done with it within 1 or 2 turns if you're prepared.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did see a video showing how to get Sturdy onto Shedinja, but the match was set up, since who would be foolish enough to teach Shedinja Final Gambit.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
ggs @ IsmaR IsmaR i had to go at the end of that third match. I've encountered a lot of crits against my klefki. aside from that it's been a real nuisance against players being able to take a burn and attacks and still manage its hp really well after it has setup. taunt is still annoying though

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
i saved all three matches I'll upload the other two later today..
Edit here is the second one
lol just realized IsmaR uploaded the first battle
second battle
NRKG-WWWW-WWW6-X659
and the third one
XAYG-WWWW-WWW6-X5VA
I've been wonder trading (breeding) some good iv ralts (jolly) (around 4 or 5 31 ivs)
I've gotten a few with 6 ivs DB, encore, memento, and SS. also got an Abra with ally switch, guard swap, barrier, encore

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I've been wonder trading (breeding) some good iv ralts (jolly) (around 4 or 5 31 ivs)
I've gotten a few with 6 ivs DB, encore, memento, and SS. also got an Abra with ally switch, guard swap, barrier, encore
Got any with Telepathy? Gallade is the only Pokemon missing from m TR team and I'd rather have its HA. I don't care about IV's.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Got any with Telepathy? Gallade is the only Pokemon missing from m TR team and I'd rather have its HA. I don't care about IV's.
yeah i have one with telepathy I'll have to put in my ditto though since i didn't want a gallade with justified.. when i finish this group of six I'll put my ditto in the daycare..

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Thanks. I'll give you the Mareep that you wanted for the Ralts.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Thanks for the telepathy Ralts. Now I can finally create my trick room team.

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
Awesome 2/3 matches. Those Zap Cannons in the 2nd game. For some reason, watching a 50% Accuracy move landing multiple times in a row is just fun to see.

As for my Ralts, Ismar has that handled as I wanted one with Ally Switch.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
gg @ BaPr BaPr i assumed that you were going to use your TR team so i put in some of my slower pokemon in my battle box. really need to get that red card off of avalugg. @ Respectre Respectre i remembered that you wanted something with ally switch but i couldn't remember what it was or if someone was working on it already lol

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
GG. I'm only gonna use my TR team on doubles, since I find it more difficult to use it in singles. Also, I still need to breed Ralts and level some Pokemon up so I can use them.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
GG. I'm only gonna use my TR team on doubles, since I find it more difficult to use it in singles. Also, I still need to breed Ralts and level some Pokemon up so I can use them.
ok I'll start working on a doubles team since I've been mainly focusing on singles so i can get better at it and every passerby seems to ask for a singles battle..

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
ok I'll start working on a doubles team since I've been mainly focusing on singles so i can get better at it and every passerby seems to ask for a singles battle..
That Klefki is a good example of why I need roar. If you follow Smogon, sorry for using a banned Pokemon. I don't follow the rules that Smogon uses, except for sleep clause, because everyone forfeits when you have more than 2 asleep on their side, and it's not fun.

Last edited:

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
I need to finish my 6v6 team for that same reason.

I've got my Doubles team and bred mostly for Doubles Pokemon, but I have 4 Pokemon made for 6v6/Singles and I kind of want to attempt Rated Singles.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
That Klefki is a good example of why I need roar. If you follow Smogon, sorry for using a banned Pokemon. I don't follow the rules that Smogon uses, except for sleep clause, because everyone forfeits when you have more than 2 asleep on their side, and it's not fun.
yeah lol klefki with +6 def, sp atk (with draining kiss), and sp def is something to hate attacking. confusion dealing only 3 damage at 0 atk, and burn not giving enough damage with unboosted attacks. I'm used to fighting some of the pokemon that are considered "banned" (tbh though i don't see why they banned some of the pokemon namely SB blaziken, and somewhat for m ggar as when i fought them i didn't have problems. then again i usually have a prankster with t wave in every team lol) when you sent out smeargle again i was going to assume you were going to try and put my pokemon to sleep so i switched to klef. I'm probably one of the few that would keep battling despite two pokemon being asleep though I'd still be a bit annoyed..

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Blaziken is banned due to how easy it is to get free sweeps. For example, just make a simple switch prediction, sword dance once, then proceed to outspeed and OHKO almost everything in the meta, especially if theyve been previously injured. Beating a Blaziken requires an entire slot of your team dedicated to just the chance of your opponent having one, making it far too over centralized, therefore banned. MGengar is banned because Utility MGengar is ********. It's still ******** even in Ubers lol.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's a shame that Blaziken and Mega Blaziken can only really be countered with Trick Room, or by sending Talonflame at it. In terms of Trick Room, you can also use Trick Room teams in a triple battle or rotation battle.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
lol i was thinking that they quick banned m ggar because they feared how players would utilize shadow tag and perish song. just checked why smogon banned it. either way I usually have viable counters for blaziken in my team (without planning on countering it) so it wouldn't really effect me. klefki would also work pending the situation if it already setup with +6 def, T wave prankster, and sash/sturdy users with fire/fighting coverage as well

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Taunting Mega Gengar would also work, since it would be forced to use Struggle if it only has status moves. The main problem is just trying to switch to a Prankster user before Gengar mega evolves, and even then, the Prankster user needs to have a strong offensive attack that it can rely on.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
my (third) klefki has CM draining kiss so it'll have to get lucky with paralysis if it wasn't already out with some CMs though fairy moves still don't damage it as much but with the sp def boosts it could recover more hp than it loses (did with a m scizor and Fe defense though klefki is bold..) if it doesn't know how to sing the song of the perished people

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Have you tried running substitute on it instead of T-wave? when you get your defenses high up, it could hide behind the substitute and draining kiss everything.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Awesome 2/3 matches. Those Zap Cannons in the 2nd game. For some reason, watching a 50% Accuracy move landing multiple times in a row is just fun to see.
The 50% accuracy moves have always been some of my favorites ever since they debuted. The risk makes the pay-off all the sweeter.

As for my Ralts, Ismar has that handled as I wanted one with Ally Switch.
I have one ready if you really want it now. Sorry for taking so long.

Been busy breeding for IVs, alongside things like Hyper Voice/Heal Bell Anticipation Eevee, and that Stealth Rock/Ice Shard Impish Phanpy for BaPr.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
not really T wave has helped me get a free Fe defense or CM in which is really helpful against certain pokemon. but i do see the potential of it.. @ IsmaR IsmaR can you trade me one of those heal bell eevees?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I found someone that is willing to trade shiny pokemon for 5-6IV pokemon. Now I can get more shiny Pokemon in my Pokedex! @ IsmaR IsmaR how are you breeding two different Pokemon at the same time?

Top Bottom