• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Pokemon Trading and Battling Center (Friend Codes for Friend Safari here!)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It depends on what your resources are, really. If you're rich you could just buy drugs. Shakes work, too, but they are limited.

Even without Pokerus, Horde Battles are still the way to go as far as classic EV training goes. I do use Super Training, but some Pokemon have a harder time with it than others.

Lastly you could just ask someone to spread Pokerus to you.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
or if you have the bp you can buy the vitamins for 2 bp each.
level three training gives 12 evs in the stat and a chance for a S,M,L bag, but also other useless bags as well. a horde mode (without pokerus) will give 5, 6, or 7 for every one pokemon defeated/caught depending on how much evs they normally give and if it is holding the correct power item. one horde battle gives you 25, 30, or 35 evs. I've only done horde mode as it can be done with multiple pokemon and is relatively faster..

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Thanks guys. I usually got 12 training bags (either large bags or double up bags), then I would do the rest in Super Training, but I'll try doing hordes again.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
btw the reason for all of those battle requests was because i just finished three pokemon that i wanted to test and the battle spot wasn't working for me for some odd reason..

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I accepted one of those, but it got disconnected. Also, I met someone who is giving away free 6IV dittos from Japan (definitely not genned). I managed to get 2 of them. This is amazing!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Super Training seems to be the better option most of the time, just so that you can avoid dealing with trainers who have Pokemon with the wrong EV yield. My Yveltal had no choice but to have 6 Attack EVs, since Lysandre's Mienshao, Honchkrow, and Gyarados offered Attack EVs when they're KO'd; only his Pyroar offered Special Attack EVs.

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
I would also like to vouch that Horde Battling is much much faster than spamming Super Training. If you get all of your Power Items, you could train up multiple Pokemon at the same time if you keep track of your numbers correctly. I do my EV training without Pokerus.

If you need a Sweet Scent + Horde clearer in one Pokemon, Venusaur with Petal Blizzard (or anything that can learn Sweet Scent/Petal Blizzard) does the job well.

I don't really try to EV train more than two myself since I keep my Talonflame w/ Flame Body at all times, Venusaur for Sweet Scent/Horde clear, Greninja for HA Hunting/Horde clear, and Doublade in case a Shiny happens to come along.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I've been using a male combee (reached level 100) for sweet scent (and to get honey if i don't feel like getting it out of the pc), gardevoir/landorus for horde clearing, delphox for ha hunting and i don't really try to weaken shines, and Infernape for raising them and to earn money at the chateau. talonflame for everything else lol.

@ BaPr BaPr yeah i noticed you had accepted one of those battles..

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
I've finally downloaded Pokemon Bank and received my Celebi.

Modest with perfect HP/Def/Sp.Def, 11-19 Sp.Atk, and 1-9 Speed with HP Dragon.

As much as I wished I could have SR'd for it, I personally don't really like using legendaries on my team anyways.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I always reach a spot where horde battles don't raise any EV's. I make sure that my Pokemon holds the power item and exp. share is on, but it won't give me anymore EV's. I even go to the super training and it adds EV's to the same stat. I'm gonna probably put off the breeding/EV training for a while anyways, since now I want to get my shiny and oval charms.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If you need a Sweet Scent + Horde clearer in one Pokemon, Venusaur with Petal Blizzard (or anything that can learn Sweet Scent/Petal Blizzard) does the job well.
Same, but I use either Tropius (as an HM Slave) with Razor Leaf, or Mawile with Rock Slide (for those things that resist Grass, or just need ridiculous power to take down).

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I always reach a spot where horde battles don't raise any EV's. I make sure that my Pokemon holds the power item and exp. share is on, but it won't give me anymore EV's. I even go to the super training and it adds EV's to the same stat. I'm gonna probably put off the breeding/EV training for a while anyways, since now I want to get my shiny and oval charms.
the interval is sometimes too small that you won't notice the change on the hexagraph. it has to align with its evolution level and it's base stat (and ivs) which both determine how much a stat line extends by. also if you gave it pokerus you only need to battle 6 times (or 5 and give it a medium bag. and 11 without pokerus or ten and a medium bag..) battles should always give evs unless they reached 252

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I just use mega kangaskhan with EQ for those Nosepass and rock slide for Wingull and hoppip.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
ggs @ Respectre Respectre that first turn of the first match was well played. ally switched my two pokemon and took that -2 off pinsir and saved that sash for another hit. going to be breeding an ally switch ponyta with flash fire now.. and had to use 2 out of the three that i had finished since it was that umbreon i got from IsmaR.. 53FW-WWWW-WWW6-3DCL

Last edited:

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
ggs @ Respectre Respectre that first turn of the first match was well played. ally switched my two pokemon and took that -2 off pinsir and saved that sash for another hit. going to be breeding an ally switch ponyta with flash fire now.. 53FW-WWWW-WWW6-3DCL
GGs Indeed. That first Ally Switch causes mindgames; it's every bit of a move as I hoped it to be. I had to Feather Dance Pinsir to keep it from maintaining its +2 threat (even though I was silly enough to target it with Dragon Claw anyways, which was really a waste).

Would that Pinsir happen to have Moldbreaker or Moxie? You could make use of those two abilities before you Mega Evolve; Either scare Rotom with an EQ or get a free attack boost before you Mega Evolve respectively. Heck, even Hyper Cutter for countering Intimidate isn't a bad idea.

Have you considered Rock Slide or Close Combat instead of Quick Attack or Return?

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
@ Respectre Respectre actually it has hyper cutter so if i didn't mega evolve it right away feather dance would have been useless. and for rock slide and close Combat not really. quick attack would do more damage than rock slide against 1 target with no resistance with that 1.3 increase from aerilate and stab. same with close combat and that def, sp def decrease. the only thing it will fall to (typing wise) is skarmory and Rock/flying which it will lose regardless of what move set is being used (with full hp). flying/ground has good coverage as well..

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Super Training seems to be the better option most of the time, just so that you can avoid dealing with trainers who have Pokemon with the wrong EV yield. My Yveltal had no choice but to have 6 Attack EVs, since Lysandre's Mienshao, Honchkrow, and Gyarados offered Attack EVs when they're KO'd; only his Pyroar offered Special Attack EVs.
That's why I let my legendary lose against Mienshao on purpose. :ohwell:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For a level 100 Pokemon, 4 EVs will equal a base stat point increase of 1. However, at the lower levels, you won't notice any immediate changes to the base stat point values. Despite this though, it's still completely possible to figure out your Pokemon's IVs at the lower experience levels if they have no EVs, and you constantly level them up at the Daycare Center.

It should be noted though, that it's often much easier to figure out IV ranges for base stat values that are divisible by 5, since when a Pokemon is at level 10, a divisible by 5 base stat value could have an IV range of 0-9, 10-19, 20-29, or 30-31.

I do know that the Reset Bag can reset your Pokemon's EVs down to 0, but my Yveltal is a fully trained Pokemon. It's a shame that Kelpsy Berries are very tough to get in X/Y.

Last edited:

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
@ Respectre Respectre actually it has hyper cutter so if i didn't mega evolve it right away feather dance would have been useless. and for rock slide and close Combat not really. quick attack would do more damage than rock slide against 1 target with no resistance with that 1.3 increase from aerilate and stab. same with close combat and that def, sp def decrease. the only thing it will fall to (typing wise) is skarmory and Rock/flying which it will lose regardless of what move set is being used (with full hp). flying/ground has good coverage as well..
Only Rock/Flying you'll see often in Doubles is Aerodactyl, who just happened to have gained Wide Guard this gen to make itself a more useful support option.

I admit that after consideration, you really wouldn't need Rock Slide unless you needed to hit two things at once, especially when Aerialate Return hits much harder than a SE Rock Slide and SE Stone Edge for that matter (102 + 34 = 136, + STAB = 204 BP = Woooooooooooow).

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
the pinsir was for singles .. did you count that 1.3% increase (aerilate, pixliate, and the other one have an inherent 1.3% attack increase for normal type moves)

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
the pinsir was for singles .. did you count that 1.3% increase (aerilate, pixliate, and the other one have an inherent 1.3% attack increase for normal type moves)
I did. That's where the 34 came from.

But that does mean I did my math wrong. I was thinking of 33% instead of 30%.

30% of 102 = 30 (30.6 gets floored to 30) .. that would be 102 + 30 = 132, 132 x 1.5 = 66, 132 + 66 = 198.

Still crazy strong, strong enough to disregard the option of Stone Edge.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I read that theMasuda method works with pokemon from different regions, but do both of those regions have to be different from your region, or can I have a Pokemon from my region breed with a pokemon from somewhere else?

EDIT: Also, for the oval and shiny charms, do I need to catch every single pokemon or just see them

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I just had it set up Gravity. Prevents Mienshao from using Hi Jump Kick or Flying type moves, which helped the rest of my team survive (was doing a Nuzlocke)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I read that theMasuda method works with pokemon from different regions, but do both of those regions have to be different from your region, or can I have a Pokemon from my region breed with a pokemon from somewhere else?

EDIT: Also, for the oval and shiny charms, do I need to catch every single pokemon or just see them
You can just have your region breed with a different region. Oval charm is see every Pokemon in Kalos dex minus legendary birds. Shiny charm comes after catching every Pokemon minus events.
I just had it set up Gravity. Prevents Mienshao from using Hi Jump Kick or Flying type moves, which helped the rest of my team survive (was doing a Nuzlocke)
I had Xerneas lose on purpose because I didn't want it to gain EVs or experience...haven't caught Yveltal in Y yet. Nice tactic for a Nuzlocke though.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
You can just have your region breed with a different region. Oval charm is see every Pokemon in Kalos dex minus legendary birds. Shiny charm comes after catching every Pokemon minus events.
Thanks, I guess it's better to catch all of them since I'm gonna be going for shiny charm anyways.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Finally got a female Ralts with decent (if you think HP/Sp. Atk/Speed is enough, at least) IVs and Telepathy. If you're online, I can trade it to you now, Respectre.

Unfortunately I lost a few egg moves in the process, but I'll make up for it by teaching it Hyper Voice for Doubles/Mega Gardevoir use. Also has Skill Swap/Ally Switch.

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
That'll be fine. I'm online right now, so whenever you're ready, we can trade. I'll likely use it for Mega Gardevoir and breed for Doubles. I'll try not to lose it in breeding, but if it happens, so be it.

If I missed you, I apologize. I was idling about in my PC again.

Last edited:

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
Thanks a ton for the Ralts.

I'll actually get to work on breeding some Ally Switch Ralts right now now that I have it.

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
I'll certainly need that later as I have quite a few move tutor requests.

@ Fluttershy Fluttershy Certainly. Is there a nature you prefer? I'm going to go for Gallades as well, so you have the option of Modest/Timid/Quiet/Brave/Adamant.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
i was going to go for calm but I'll take a modest one and breed to get a calm one.. wish and ally switch sounds like it would be annoying if done correctly lol also what would you want in return? I've been breeding jolly flash fire ponytas with ally switch (meinfoo was the bridge between Abra and Ponyta lines and also has it) or one of the ones I've previously posted

Last edited:

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
.. I never even noticed that Gardevoir learned Wish when it's fully evolved.

Gardevoir, you sly thing you.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
yeah just give a pokemon that can use the support from wish protect while have gardevoir use ally switch and they'll be healed.. this is the strategy i was going for..

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I finally completed the Central Kalos dex. Now on to the other two. @ Fluttershy Fluttershy I love that avatar. That was one of my favorite animes

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
lol i only have it because of a bet on a thread in the forum games (counting to 300 warchomps) I've never actually seen fate zero.. they did have another picture but SWF didn't allow it (Ganon from the CDI games)

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
It's actually from Soul Eater :awesome:. Do you by any chance have a salamence? I just need it for the pokedex and I can trade back.

Top Bottom