• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Pokemon Trading and Battling Center (Friend Codes for Friend Safari here!)

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Anyone have a Mod Breaker Excadrill? Also, can you change my info to open to battles? I'm still team building, but the experience can help me figure out what I should have on my team.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Are there any advantages or disadvantages for Mega Aggron? I did Battle Maison & it seemed to resist a Super Effective Bulldoze?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Are there any advantages or disadvantages for Mega Aggron? I did Battle Maison & it seemed to resist a Super Effective Bulldoze?
m aggron has the same base defense as shuckle and it also becomes a pure steel so it loses its 4x weakness to ground (and fighting) but gains a weakness to fire loses stab for rock type moves and you'll need to keep it away from sp attackers

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Mega Aggron isn't a very good special wall but does have Filter to reduce super effective damage by 25%. No reliable recovery so you could always try Sleep Talking?

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Mega Aggron is underrated as of now. The plus side of Aggron is he's not actually useless before he Mega forms. He has Rock Head + STAB Head Smash which is pretty devestating. It 2 hit kills even the strongest of walls if Aggron is banded, but clean Head Smash still does a ton.

To give you an example of how good Mega Aggron's defense is...

252 Adamant Garchomp Choice banded EQ does at maximum: 33% damage to 252 HP 252 Defense MAggron with Filter.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Even with the slightly beneficial type change, it's still not enough to make it even slightly useful on the special side of things. Filter doesn't stop strong, unresisted attacks, and Steel's nerf against Dark/Ghost type attacks mean even things like Shadow Ball will wear it out quickly. That Fire weakness isn't doing it any favors, either. I'm not exactly sure, but I'm thinking that with both the Sp. Def boost Rock types get in Sandstorm, and the ability to use other items (resistance berries, Leftovers, and the Assault Vest especially), along with the combination of Sturdy and what few resistances Rock type brings (mostly Fire, the others just pile on to types Steel already resists. But it does mean it 4x resists Normal/Flying, which comes in handy) makes normal Aggron arguably better at tanking special hits. And as pointed out, STAB Head Smash + Rock Head is a very potent combination, as well as it's other niche ability, Heavy Metal + Heavy Slam (2nd heaviest Poke + STAB make it the best user of the move/ability).

It's pretty much just preference, like with many other Mega Evolutions. I'd save my Mega stone holder for someone else.
(actually dislike how Mega Aggron looks, too. Original has been one of my favs since Gen III, and it only keeps getting better)

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Yeah. He rised in the tier list slightly because of Fairy types. He is one of my favorite Gen III Pokemon as well.

Another thing to note is that both Normal and Mega Aggron are one of the few dudes that completely wall Talonflame. Lately, I haven't seen much of them around, though.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 236-281 (68.6 - 81.6%)

I wouldn't exactly call that walling

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
If Talonflame is trying to kill itself as well that's fine.

Besides, any offensive Pokemon at + 2 is a threat to everything.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
GG. I didn't even know Crawdaunt was banded until I saw it Knocked Off.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
btw imaclubyou did you use a scarfed Moltres against me or was that your brother? it was like on Friday/Saturday or so..

also has anyone used m-doom yet

and i think people don't seem to read/care about the comments on the gts i tried to get contrary snivy by depositing but failed twice and looking for it usually costs a legendary...

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
ok i wasn't sure if it was you or not. but those couple of battles were annoying. out sped my hawlucha, confusion on my only viable counter prevented me from using thunderbolt, and a huge weakness to flying for the rest of my team btw did they unban drizzle with swift swim since entry weather abilities got nerfed? now time to make a counter team lol

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I think it's still banned.

Both Politoad and Ninetales seem useless this gen. I'd rather set up one with a Damp Rock or Heat Rock held. Since you mentioned that, though... My Kingdra has yet to impress me. I don't really see what it's good for as of late. It does have a niche with Focus Energy and Sniper, but I don't feel like breeding one, lol.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
reason i asked is because they didn't show it in the rules or at least i didn't see it there.. yeah you can blame Charizard Y for that lol though (m)Ttar still wins though

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
If you can get in a Tailwind, BP Agility or Trick Room, Mega Aggron is ridiculous.

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
I am opening myself up to trades and VGC Double Battles.

Just.. forgive me if I happen to be in the middle of something. IDK if there's any indication of being busy if you're in an in-game battle/loitering in the PC box like I tend to do sometimes.

Also, added Reizilla.

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I'm looking for Zapdos. Anybody got one they don't need? I'll trade for it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Man ppl be going off in this thread

Drizzle + SwSw isn't banned anymore.

Politoed even fell to uu lol

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Charizard X can be considered uber. Salamence, an uncommon uber, works just fine in it. Charizard X, pretty much a better Salamence and a different Rayquaza is a really good Pokemon imo.

GG, Rei. Though I wasn't looking for a Double Battle. That'll be my excuse.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
gg(s) @ IsmaR IsmaR and @ ImaClubYou ImaClubYou . i thought i had used substitute with that moxie salamance. prankster must not activate during the same turn that banette mega evolves.. but still DB has been a disappointment.. and the swampert had a CB

Last edited:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Club you may have the world record for the sheer density of misusing the word Uber on this board

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I'm using the words nicely, thank you very much.

Besides, you have yet to prove your validity with a battle.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Unfortunately it doesn't. You're forced to either use Protect the turn you transform, or come in on something you threaten (slower Pokemon or things weak to your STAB/weak enough to KO with priority). Your strategy is actually very similar to mine, especially with Phantom Force, but you either need some speed support (Tailwind/Baton Pass) or bring it in at a smart time (something locked into a Choice Band/Scarf Fighting/Normal move, for example) if you plan on setting up. If you are just planning on using it as a Suicide Lead, you're better off running Taunt so that they are forced to fall to D-Bond or switch.

All in all MBanette takes a lot of support, mindgames, and luck to work really well. Which is off-putting for a Mega Evo.

GG indeed. I feel stupid for not paying attention to your Magnezone's item, especially considering that's the item of choice I run on mine.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
imaclubyou fell for it as well but then switched out because his salamance was locked into EQ. afterwards i switched PF for protect because slower pokemon would be able to take it out when it comes back. I don't know what to get rid of for taunt though. it has SS as well.. might my have to switch out aerodactyl to get a taunt user with VS, Uturn or something

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Thought you'd be more about the double Paralyze from Thunder then the Crit, haha. It was kinda funny that I tried to WoW a Paralyzed Snorlax, lol. I also had to look up Serebii to confirm how fast Togekiss was and Toxicroak is luckily 5 BST faster.

Did Thunder's % to Para increase this gen? My Goodra has been getting them quite a lot.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Well then...

My point still stands that ZardX can be usable in ubers. It may be even better than physical Rayquaza.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You woulda outsped anyway. My Togekiss is Timid, but focuses completely on bulk, lol.

As far as I know, unless there's Serene Grace hax, it's still at 30% for paralysis.

I also just remembered, I <3'd taking out your Crawdaunt with my Slowbro. Truth be told, that was what I was most afraid of the entire game.

Top Bottom