• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Pokemon Trading and Battling Center (Friend Codes for Friend Safari here!)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
IIRC, both Tornadus and Thundurus are faster as far as Prankster users go. Though it's not recommended, max Speed Whimsicott is the fastest.

Then there are faster/higher priority moves, like Ice Shard from Weavile, Brave Bird from GW Talonflame, Extremespeed/Fake Out/Feint, etc.

The number one screw to Prankster users, I've found, is Pokemon with Magic Bounce. Reflects Taunt/Encore, status, and hazards. Short of something like Trick/Switcheroo with a crippling item, boosting/protection moves, or just outright fighting it out, they can't do much but switch out.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Or just killing them.

Prankster users not named Klefki and Sableye are trivial to kill.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
feint is probably not going to take it out unless they use protect iirc it has 50 as a base power. i was counting liepard as the fastest non legendary prankster counter since it has taunt and wasn't sure who had the highest base speed of prankster users. liepard could still go faster since almost no one is going to put speed evs in whimiscott. and for faster priority (for+1) that is why i have a tw sash user. i always seem to forget about magic bounce lol

if whimiscott gets a cotton guard in it can be hard to kill. then again you should be using special attacks against it if you can help it.. (also as a reminder i usually refer to doubles not singles...)

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I'm never using Prankster! Can't make me! I will not convert! No!

Sableye has potential. Even though Fairy seems to be quite prominent this gen, it's notoriety pretty much stops at Azumarill. And then Gardevoir. I might be forgetting a lot.

Sableye having WoW is icing, whip cream, cherries, and caramel on the cake. And then Recover? Get over it! Being only weak to Fairy is probably the best typing ever. If Sableye evolved it would be uber, let's be clear XD.

Klefki is pretty bad but not as bad as Sableye imo. Fire and Ground are pretty common moves and it just so happens I always have 3 Pokemon with EQ, XD.

Whismicott is pretty problematic, moreso than Klefki, imo. Cotton Guard is an underrated move that makes me wish I carried Roar or Whirlwind. Leech Seed and PRANKSTER ENCORE OMFG. Setting up on Whismicott = NO LOL.

Foul Play + Swagger is pretty high risk high reward and it brings Liepard onto play. Klefki as well. I feel they are even in utility but have blatant differences. Klefki being much slower but benefits slightly because of typing and higher defenses and Liepard fot its speed and use of taunt.

The cat thing is okay. Idk, ZM knows how to use it, though. I wonder what the EV spread is.

I think I talked too much, lmao.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
feint is probably not going to take it out unless they use protect iirc it has 50 as a base power. i was counting liepard as the fastest non legendary prankster counter since it has taunt and wasn't sure who had the highest base speed of prankster users. liepard could still go faster since almost no one is going to put speed evs in whimiscott. and for faster priority (for+1) that is why i have a tw sash user. i always seem to forget about magic bounce lol

if whimiscott gets a cotton guard in it can be hard to kill. then again you should be using special attacks against it if you can help it.. (also as a reminder i usually refer to doubles not singles...)
Every Prankster user has Taunt. And I listed Feint because it was higher priority. Though it's rare, I have encountered it on stuff like Belly Drum users or things like Boosting Blazikens (believe me, I was full "Wat" mode as well). And by that logic, no one is going to use Liepard, let alone Whimsicott (what little use it does see is because of Pokebank/new Fairy typing hype. Literally every Grass type/Special Attacker makes it drop-dead useless).

For the record I've been using Sash/Twave Liepard long before you (I'm pretty sure mine is one of the reasons Club hates Prankster so much. :p ). Even that's incredibly shoddy, as stuff like Fake Out/Double priority leads (Mach Punch Infernape especially), weather/hazard inducers, Pokemon immune to status/don't care about paralysis (Hippowdon, Magic Guard anything, anything with a Lum Berry) and Multi-hit moves make it useless as well.

Lastly crits and stuff like Unaware Pokemon don't care about Whimsicott's stat boosts. It's very easy to wear down if you know what it's moves are.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
lol didn't see taunt in their move pool for some odd reason..
i was just saying that if you can use a sp attack on it then that should take priority rather than a physical attack
i thought magic guard prevents things like poison/burn and weather affects from damaging it unaware is still a bit rare to find and. I'm not doubting that you used it before i did i started getting competitive near the end of last gen. either way gg lol at fling..

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
when i switched it out i was hoping that i could have flung it at weaville later in the game and lower its attack which had failed.. might get rid of it for one of the items that cause flinching though so i don't have to worry about the burn hurting its attack. and roserade's fourth move is weather ball so unless there is weather you won't see it as much..

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What the **** why does everyone have shiny Audinos now. I thought mine was awesome, then suddenly 5 other people got one as well lol.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Would you be able to tell I'm being sarcastic if I told you I found your shiny Meowstic then Wonder Traded it away?
Yeah, but mostly because I know you're too sweet to actually do that and not because I can sense the sarcasm. There's no difference between sarcastic you and not-sarcastic you, don't you yourself realize that?

And plenty of people don't think Meowstic is good, sooo...

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
meowstic is ok with prankster but it still falls short since klefki is better especially with dual screens and is a lot bulkier than meowstic. if it had access to taunt though it could have been better since meowstic is faster than klefki. the only thing for it is its wide access to various attacking moves but you'll need to give it some evs in sp atk because of its low sp atk.. i have a calm one with max sp def and split the remaining between spd and sp atk with sp atk having more evs

Last edited:

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Meowstic is probably bad in singles. But in doubles he has very good support options. Like Klefki, he has access to priority T-Wave to help your slow Pokemons sweep. He has access to Fake out and a +4 priority Quick Guard to always stop opponent's Fake Outs and priority pranktser Sableye/ brave bird Talonflame is really nice. And like Klefki he has access to dual screens. Meowstic actually has pretty decent bulk too, he has significantly better base HP than Klefki and only 6 less base special defense than Klefki. Neither Meowstic nor Klefki have access to taunt unfortunately. Bulk wise Klefki is only bulkier on the physical part although Klefki does have better defensive typying and for Meowstic can be physically also decently bulky if you invest your EVs on HP and Defense and survive decently long as long he doesn't get targeted with powerful super effective moves. When I play my Meowstic usually lives long, prolly cause people rarely target him. This gen I find people using physical based Pokemons a lot more than specially based, so investing in physical bulk may actually be a better option.

BTW anyone here wanna battle me in 4v4 doubles or multi battles?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Klefkis godlike Type by default makes him far bulkier than Meowstic.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Very true that that Fairy Steel type is godlike. That doesn't mean that Meowstic is completely outclassed IN DOUBLES though. In singles you shouldn't ever use him. I already have Mawile on my team (another Fairy Steel type) and still really like his access to Fake out and Quick Guard support on my doubles team, two options who Klefki lacks and which helps my team a lot (plus he can T-Wave too and set up screens too which is great too just like Klefki). He has Helping Hand as well which Klefki lacks. From my experience using Meowstic, his bulk is far from amazing but is surprisingly decent when you invest on EVs defenses (which you should do too because speed hardly matters when you have prankster and he doesn't need attacking moves in doubles when the point of using him is simply supporting and not using attacking moves with him). When maxed HP and defense plus a +defense nature he has a pretty decent 181 HP, 140 defense and 101 on level 50, which is not great but by no means bad either. Klefki may be overall better (talking about doubles) but that doesn't mean that Meowstic is outclassed either. They simply are different in SOME of the support roles they have. Meowstic is like trading a little bulk and a significantly worse typying for a bit more support options. Meowstic does suffer a bit from the 4MSS however.

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Shiny log:

Gyrados: Chain fishing over 20 chains.

Latias: GTS trade for shiny Gourgeist

Charmander: 1000+ eggs 3 days

Bagon: 12 eggs 30 minutes

Phantump(Harvest): 50 eggs 2 hours.

I'm replacing Scizor with Forretress since my team is quite weak to SR.

Btw, I'm thinking about Bulky Charizard X.

Max HP Max Def Impish

Fire Spin
Dragon Dance
Flare Blitz
Dragon Claw/Outrage/Earthquake/Roost

Thoughts?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I faced Bulky Zard X the other day. Most rageqworthy/inducing, though it had Will-O-Wisp instead of Fire Spin. Just watch out for Fairies (especially Azumarill/Carbink) setting up on you while not caring about your attacks.

Btw, if you didn't see my shout-out, I bred some SR Pineco for you. Up to trade whenever (though I'm leaving class in an hour, won't be home for a few hours)

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Awesome ^^ What did you want previously? I have the 4 IV Natu with Magic Bounce, 4IV Aipom, though it's not Technician sadly, 5IV Amuara, and other stuff you might have wanted.

EDIT: Thanks again :D

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
i guess that means I'm going to have to use another rs user or have stealth rocks, stealth rocks everywhere. lol and i have just the pokemon to finally use and it's shiny

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
np Club. I actually got my own Aipom, so it worked out in the end that you gave me the Natu.

@ Fluttershy Fluttershy - Don't forget Defog works now, too. Though it removes anything your own team sets, including Light Screen/Reflect.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
ok i had to transfer my old system to my new one to get my fire emblem dlcs at the cost of having to redownload Luigi's mansion but having not enough space.. and sorry to do this but lost my new old fc as well.. 5172-1450-4569 data is probably the same as it was ice spheal, beartic, cloyster and the maison with roserade, and excadrill..

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
idk lol i tried to put the dlcs on my new sd card but that didn't work so i had to transfer what i had bought for fe by doing the entire system which removed the fc and gave me the one that was on my old system but it's not the same as the one that i had on that system. luckily it kept Luigi's mansion and the funds i had on my new 3ds.. but I'll have to redownload it when i have a new sd card that can hold more data...
and went through the list and added almost everyone again

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Ait, well I'll add you at some point. Not home right now.

I haven't been battling a lot recently other than a few from random passerby's and such, been mostly breeding so there shouldn't be any rush.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
yeah and i won't be on until later today.. random fact i don't seem to need to wait until we are on at the same time in order to get the third pokemon or pokemon with their Ha since the game seems to be able to recognize the fc..

Top Bottom