• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Pokemon Trading and Battling Center (Friend Codes for Friend Safari here!)

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Pretty sure that Crunch is at least just as common. I've met one today. And arguably a better choice than EQ (they both deal with different Pokemons, Mega Kang can pretty much choose its counters besides maybe Sableye. But you're right, Ghosts are amazing if it doesn't carry Crunch. The problem is how do you know if it carries EQ or Crunch.
Truee. Give it the U turn scout double swicheroo, lmao.

Venasuar will eat Quagsire for breakfast, lunch, and din din!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Wait you also have a team full of legendaries. My team has all 3 Kanto birds and XYZ.
It's only three legendaries from GTS plus two EV trained Pokemon and an Imposter Ditto. I have this team for if a random passerby challenges my regular ingame team with an uber team and wins. Haven't been online in a while for that to even happen though.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Well the birds aren't really uber material. Same with Zygarde. Zapdos is the only one used in OU consistently. The Kalos duo is the main problem.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
it's a lot better in doubles tbh if you make a choice to take the wrong pokemon out at the beginning you'll end up potentially getting sweeped. either way it was gg a lot better than last time on my part lol

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah the very beginning can make or break you! My starter guarantees me to set up a Trick Room though :) I am so pleased with my Escavalier<3 too especially since I have never seen one used before. Too bad you only got to see one of his moves before he fainted :(

I always try to incorporate rarely seen Pokemon like my Escavalier, Zangoose, and Kecleon. I'll need to brainstorm some new ideas...

I do have an OU team but I feel no sense of achievement winning with it. :( My absolute favourite party is the first one I used against you Zeldamaster... as bad as it is in theory the surprise factor is great :)

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
yeah all i saw was mega horn. and the best part is that the opponent will decide on how/if they break or not depending on what they do that first turn :)
I'm going to be taking out two of the pokemon in my sand team and replacing them so I'm not going to be battling until they are complete...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
@ ZeldaMaster - No worries about the D/C, mate. Was fairly sure you woulda won that game anyway, considering how much I let you set up. lol great games over the past few days. My Regenerators soften the blow of my team-killing iceberg. d:

@ Alacion - Great game! Haha, I raised a Zangoose, Quagsire and Mandibuzz myself last gen. Can't wait to Pokebank them in, and/or breed new ones. And I appreciate all the ones you gave me! I feel bad that I didn't give you something better in return for the shiny (at least my shiny Combee, so it coulda been a bug for a bug). :< I am ashamed to admit I didn't notice it was shiny until I went to check the forme/pattern in my Pokedex. Oh and to answer your question, I'm assuming your Quagsire has Unaware as its ability, which ignores all stat boosts (making that Return normal instead of +2). I thought it was funny that your Quagsire had Swagger, since it ignored the stat boost/just confused me (then when you switched to Rotom, my Trevenant was at +6 and 2HKO'd you.) :p

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Huh? I meant Kangaskahn's Return against my Quagsire! :(

Against Mega Kangaskahn, I usually have Quagsire spam recover or hope a swagger lands :x
I've checked with the damage calculator and this is the result I got: 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 100-121 (49.5 - 59.9%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO. Man that really sucks. Which means no safe switch unless you have like Sitrus Berry or something. And this is JOLLY Mega Kangaskhan. If Adamant then: 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 114-135 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. And Adamant Earthquake: 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 73-87 (36.1 - 43%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. There is a chance of killing Quagsire with EQ (when Quagsire switches in) -> Return as well I guess. All of those assuming both are level 50. I guess you could still use it as a shaky revenge killer though. Sacrificing Pokemons sucks, but I guess it's better than having nothing against that monster.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Yeah the very beginning can make or break you! My starter guarantees me to set up a Trick Room though :) I am so pleased with my Escavalier<3 too especially since I have never seen one used before. Too bad you only got to see one of his moves before he fainted :(

I always try to incorporate rarely seen Pokemon like my Escavalier, Zangoose, and Kecleon. I'll need to brainstorm some new ideas...

I do have an OU team but I feel no sense of achievement winning with it. :( My absolute favourite party is the first one I used against you Zeldamaster... as bad as it is in theory the surprise factor is great :)
If you like seeing weird ass teams you'll love me.

But on your last statement, in my opinion, unless you use banned Pokemon, a win is a win. Of course there are some obvious exceptions like using straight up bad Pokemon but at the end of the day you make your team with the intention of beating the other, if you lose, then the player using a higher tier deserves as much gratitude as the other. If you're not making a team to beat the other, then you're just handicapping yourself, which can be a good or bad.

Thas jus me tho. I have no intent of debunking an opinion.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah Quagsire can have difficulty in switching unless another dies first.I haven't faced a Mega Kangaskahn who uses Return immediately, and I find myself switching into Fake Out or Power Up Punch which is the best :D After that I may spam Recover depending on what happens and let Rocky Helmet do its job.

I know a win is a win. Heck I play Peach in both Melee and Brawl tournaments so I know the feeling of playing a top tier and a mid tier. I can also use Zelda in both games who is garbage so I know that end as well. It's a personal thing where I feel a bit ashamed of myself unless I use something I can be proud of. Yes I lose like 90% of the time but that other 10% is the absolute best :)

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
does anyone want a shiny basculin? i have like 5 of them with 4 of them up for trade. i also an extra shiny poliwhirl but without swift swim...

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
does anyone want a shiny basculin? i have like 5 of them with 4 of them up for trade. i also an extra shiny poliwhirl but without swift swim...
I'll take one of those basculins. I can give you a Charmander with Outrage, Flare Blitz and Dragon Dance.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Heyo fellows, haven't actually posted here for some reason but I thought I might as well drop my FC here as well:

4382 - 2031 - 9930.

I play Pokemon Y and have a grass safari with Ivysaur, Tangela and Quilladin. Looking for Ditto and Sableye safaris in particular.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
ok i have 3 gentle, one jolly, and one that is impish. the other poliwhirl is lonely ( they both have the same nature. I'm currently on so send a trade invite. charmander is fine..

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'll take that Jolly one then. Let me get on right now. My FC is 3411-1825-3363 and my in-game name is Nathan

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Heyo fellows, haven't actually posted here for some reason but I thought I might as well drop my FC here as well:

4382 - 2031 - 9930.

I play Pokemon Y and have a grass safari with Ivysaur, Tangela and Quilladin. Looking for Ditto and Sableye safaris in particular.
added you i have ice though.

and i already added you gamegenie my in-game name is Selena..

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

4382 - 2031 - 9930.

Added you. I have the Ditto Safari you are looking for.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Alright thank you for the trade sir and wow Shiny red-stripped Basculin is barely noticeable at first glance.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
@ Mega Kanga - I always beat it by running something faster than it that resists Sucker Punch. Alternatively, beat priority with priority, which makes Sucker Punch completely null. Off the top of my head, there's M-Lucario, Blaziken (even regular) with Speed Boost/Protect, Weavile (assuming they'd want to outspeed you/have prior damage, or you have a Swords Dance/CB boost), Mienshao (even if they have a Ghost-type switch-in, Regenerator ensures it'll live long enough to keep that Kanga checked), Unburden Hawlucha/Hitmonlee (personally I'd run a Kee Berry then switch in to a predicted Crunch/SP, or a Normal Gem + Fake Out in Hitmonlee's case. The latter also gets Mach Punch), Protect/Sub/Disable M-Banette (completely walls it if it has Will-O-Wisp), a phazing bulky wall (Steelix or Aggron with Dragon Tail/Roar come to mind), bulky/DD M-Gyarados (combination of Intimidate/predicting whether or not they'll Mega Evolve, as Power-Up Punch isn't effective against regular Gyara, and M-Gyara resists Sucker Punch), and so on.

Additionally, once Pokebank comes out, it'll be completely useless against the Muske-deer trio (especially since Crunch effectively gives a Swords Dance boost to anything with Justified), Infernape, Weezing (immune to/resists EQ/PoP, just bulky enough to live through Return and Will-O-Wisp it back), a bunch of other priority users (Extreme Speed Dragonite and Whimsicott come to mind, the latter with new Fairy typing which allows it to resist both Dark moves and Earthquake, plus has Prankster to annoy the crap out of it). All in all, it's good, but I don't think it's Uber (even though it shines in Ubers as well).

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
i know lol regular ones are a darker green while the shiny form is more of a lime green other than that it's hard to tell because everything else looks the same.. I've been looking for a shiny dratini and keep on finding the other two instead lol

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
added you i have ice though.

and i already added you gamegenie my in-game name is Selena..

Added you. I have the Ditto Safari you are looking for.

Cool beans and thanks a lot! I don't actually have an Ice safari yet anyway so that's good and obviously Ditto safaris are awesome.

Also ZeldaMaster your safari gave me a shiny Beartic which also happened to be my first ever shiny =D

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Funny how there was talk about mega Kangaskhan and that is the pokemon I am going to have in my team. If only I can breed a perfect one.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

4382 - 2031 - 9930.

My safari is Flying, but I've also added you.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Good **** Ismar. Gorgeist comes to mind when facing M. Khan. I never believed M. Khan would be banned myself, but it is still a monster in all tiers.

Heads up for everyone, if you're playing me and you see me using a Chandelure, Weavile, Klefki, Mantine, Dewgong.. at least 3 of those at one time, it's my brother. He told me he played against some of you before so I wanted to let you all know.

@ZeldaMaster: It could just be me, but it's really hard to catch Swift Swim Beartic. I've caught over 15 in one sitting and never get it, if people are having the same dilemma as me than I can confirm some sort of pseudo chaining is the answer to these shiny finds.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yo when pokebank is out

Enjoy Pup/Double Edge/Fire Punch/Sucker Punch

Enjoy hitting so hard that your only counter is Sableye

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Yo when pokebank is out

About Mega-Kangaskhan, something that truelly sucks is that there really is very little who outspeeds a mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch with priority (most of the priority users have below Base 100 speed, right now I can only think of Mega Lucario and Infernape after Pokebank, out of the ones which are good and Lucario needs at least 1 turn of mega Evolving before). Even without investment, Technician Life Orb Breloom fails to OHKO it with Mach Punch Don't forget 200 HP Seismic Tosses (100 HP in lv 50) 2HKOing almost all Pokemons (he gets it from gen III). With that move Mega Kang would be able to afford to run a defensive set alongside defensive EVs to become even bulkier than he already is uninvested. Kangaskhan was also able to get Wish from a Gen III event.

I've read almost all of 70 pages of discussion of the ban of Mega Kangaskhan, and I've not found A SINGLE good reason to keep the mega stone on OU. The discussion was even more one sided than the one about Mega Gengar. I hate how while I can take a +0 Return and OHKO back with Superpower Azumarill, I'm still crippled cause he hits so retardedly hard and my Sitrus Berry fails to put me back to above 50% health most of the time (100% impossible if it's Adamant). IDK if mega Gyarados is good enough cause +1 Return still OHKOs mega Gyarados unless you invest a HUGE amount of evs on defense and HP, which you wouldn't usually do with him cause it's not the best way to invest on him against every other Pokemon. Even then, a max Attack Waterfall is not even guaranteed to 2HKO mega Kangaskhan. And almost all of the Pokemons you mentioned CANNOT switch into a Return. A jolly Kangaskhan as a pretty large chance to kill Steelix with his switch into PuP-> Earthquake, but even if Steelix survives that he is still severely crippled. He can survive 2 Earthquakes too but again he is severely weakened, which is terrible for a Pokemon as slow as Steelix. All of that just to Phaze him out. Return OHKOs Mienshao and he can KO Mienshao with PuP-> Sucker Punch. So again Mienshao can only check Mega Kang. IMO Mega Kang should be uber cause he only has 1 true counter and is very hard to revenge kill (especially when you save him for late game, when his checks are all gone or weakened enough to be Sucker Punched to death). A Pokemon which is so bulky, is decently fast (base 100 speed is not slow at all) and hits so hard that he is nearly uncounterable at the same time with only 1 weakness (fighting) should belong to Ubers. Garchomp isn't even close to Mega Kangaskhan's level of brokeness with the huge weakness to Ice, no priority moves and still being outsped by a lot.

M-Kang sure is not unbeatable, but having to use 2-3 checks/counters just to deal with him is reason enough for him to be considered uber, especially when you're forced to use gimmicky items like Rocky Helmet which isn't even that good against other Pokemons (I'd rather have Leftovers on Ferrothorn against almost everyone else). Even Kyogre has like more counters (Quagsire, Palkia, Gastrodon, Shedinja if it hasn't Toxic) and still in no way is OU. Against Ghosts, don't forget that he can take advantage of Scrappy of regular Kangaskhan for 1 PuP or Return (the switch into Ghost is really predictable) and then Mega Evolve.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Yo when pokebank is out

Another reason why I love Sableye. Mischievous little ******* counters some hard hitting threats.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
what about dusclops(noir) in the switch in? that return, and Pup won't do as much damage with his bulk and can WoW in the next turn crippling her.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 60-72 (40.8 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 54-66 (36.7 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 37-45 (25.1 - 30.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 33-40 (22.4 - 27.2%) -- 44.5% chance to 4HKO
I guess it works if it has EQ but by burning Mega Kang you have pretty much sacrificed your Dusclops if you switch into a Crunch. If he hasn't Mega Evolved yet he can PuP the first turn then Mega Evolve and 2HKO Dusclops with Crunch. Then you get the burn but your Dusclops is still crippled too. Unless you have another Ghost you risk either letting him recover Atk with PuP (if you switch out) or have to let him eat Dusclops for dinner if it has Crunch. And besides like Spiritomb or Sableye ghosts don't appreciate crunch. I think that the 2 hits makes the Defense drop more likely I think too.

So yeah the thing with Mega Kang is that depending on the set his counters drastically change besides, that Sabletroll.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
only if they have crunch otherwise dusclops would prevail espically if it has rest.. and it should function the same as PuP but with having a chance to lower their defense.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Yeah that Dusclops set counters the non-Crunch set but really fails to counter the set which has it, kinda like Gengar.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Fighting types then. There should be no reason to have not have a fighting move and a ghost type mon. Of course it's your choice tho.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Enjoy dying to scrappy double edge
252 Atk Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 91-108 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. Yeah you're right. Chandelure will check but fail to counter Kangaskhan if he is jolly unless he crazily invests in both HP and Def with a + def nature, something that may not be worth it cause then Dusclops outclasses him.
+1 252 Atk Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 135-160 (80.8 - 95.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Jolly Kangaskhan has a chance of killing Chandelure with PuP -> Double Edge too against 252 HP Chandelure. And it WILL definitely kill if SRs and/or spikes are up or if Chandelure has not invested a lot of EVs on bulk. Kangaskhan has to run Jolly though if the Chandelure is max speed or else Chandelure will outspeed Kang and be able to burn him.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I don't know if Double Edge is the optimal move for M. Khan. And if you intend to not mega evolve I don't know about that either.

Top Bottom