• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

pockyD

Smash Legend
yes i'm sure you understand how the competitive aspect of the game is going to work out without having even been to a tourney yet ^_^ (not to mention any tourney you DO go to will feature mostly people who have owned the game less than a week)

just because it's not AS good doesn't mean it can't be good, and it's amazingly fun at this point so quit overanalyzing and just have fun playing :) (and if you really don't find it fun, go do something else)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
After playing with Dac, I think I've come to the conclusion that competitive Brawl is nothing but a skill less spam/campfest. Then I played with Swift and I had fun. No smash spamming, range camping ***********. Is brawl really going to take over? Because I can't see it working as a competitive game...

yea its was mad fun. but ive also realised and a lerned a few gay things too, now my Dedede is my best and i DONT approach. i'll take MM's when i get back. toon link is 1337 omg hes so cute. rob i dunno how u can resist........hes soo cute when he taunts(swings sword and gets tired) and when he makes his music. hes not my best but i play him because hes SOOOO CUTE oh man does this make me pedobear?

dedede
falco
toon link
peach

are probly my best and my favs

key to this game. is very much like the guilty gear basics and core.

run in > kick and

-kick them first if they try to kick you
-react if they jump with AA
-if they guard combo them into corner or cross up
-never do anything not starting in a kick
-kick is for spacing

this is what i learned about the basics of GG now for brawl:

run in >shield and...
-grab them b4 they grab you
-if they jump react with an aerial faster/that has more priority than theirs
-if they jump backwards out of shield reset and good job u have position
- if they roll backwards reset
- if they roll behind you react > aerial
- if they attack your shield good **** you have a grab and unless ur Dedede proceed to get your grab then reset
- dont attack use projectiles

I believe this is the base of this game. try doing only that approach and force yourself to not try and shield grab when the other is spacing on your shield(roll and reset or find someway to reset the playing field). If u do this with dedede i bet you'll win majority no matter who u play. I believe CG > foward tilt is garanteed (amirite?)

pockyD

Smash Legend
tim have you seen ddd's in-place CG on mario/luigi/dk/samus

i was talking to someone about it on aim yesterday and i don't remember who it was but if it was you sorry for repeating myself

but yeah that is garbs

D20

Smash Lord
yea its was mad fun. but ive also realised and a lerned a few gay things too, now my Dedede is my best and i DONT approach. i'll take MM's when i get back. toon link is 1337 omg hes so cute. rob i dunno how u can resist........hes soo cute when he taunts(swings sword and gets tired) and when he makes his music. hes not my best but i play him because hes SOOOO CUTE oh man does this make me pedobear?

Pikachu's down taunt is cuter. I think Brawl is really fun... so far.

TheLake

Smash Master
Pikachus down taunt is the cutest attack in the game.

Toon links up taunt is the sweetest though...swift i demand toon link dittos!

I like how the computer is actually a threat this time...well at least playing them wont make you worst <_< (I hope?)

D20

Smash Lord
Yes, I am awesome... I three-stocked Taki's Captain Falcon.

P.S. - I can't make it tomorrow.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
lake lets play as in play now? i might be down.

i dont have ylink yet i played on my firends wii *sad panda* and im 2 lazy for sse, so i'll get him when i get him. i tihnk i have aboue 200 vs matches under teh belt.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
edit dont work D= im on AIm if anyone wants late night gayness

f**k misty vs giselle ROB that battle is classi so many pokeman battles were awesome back then.

when i dash attack or nair with DDD i feel like raichu body slamming pikachu @ the thunder gym.

TheLake

Smash Master
Grr were doing this. I dont have a toon link either so lets just do what we gotta do ya? I just wanna play!

Oh mistys a fox but may is betta...oohh i said it!

dead-aim

Smash Cadet
so far i have really been liking falco. I think the best will include fox, falco, and pikachu.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Definately don't play thorn of amethyst from the sideboard, it doesn't do anything in this format. I would put crypt in your board to deal with Reviellark. I also think a mono white build is fine with mirror entity, glorious anthem and zephernaut in the deck instead of Mauler, Incinerate and Brion, but I'm seriously worried about your mana base splashing for Colossus.
But CC is so nice :(. I might just go with the mono white build just to be more consistent like you said, and also because I don't have the RW lands to make the RW build although that does seem promising (I've always liked "Boros"). I never really saw Trio as being that good, but I guess Vigilance and First Strike is to nice. I think what I'll do is play the build you gave me, but with Canopy and Brushlands for Teeg (his ability to shut off cards is real nice despite being fragile) instead of the Entity because I have none . Also, can I get your IM screen name again Wes, so I can stop having to ask these kinds of questions on boards when I have them.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i'll be teleporting there today.

mage CC in WoW is awesome but its kinda meh, same with wrath of god in magic *sad panda*. I have a play set if anyone needs them lulz(like anyone needs them anymore).

omg pokemon is awesome lol good **** velocity our thread has it moments of win @ times.

"Raichu thunderbolt.....shut it down!"
"its over baby!"
"Raichu finish it! another body slam!"

surge was just hardcore.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
i'll be teleporting there today.

mage CC in WoW is awesome but its kinda meh, same with wrath of god in magic *sad panda*. I have a play set if anyone needs them lulz(like anyone needs them anymore).

omg pokemon is awesome lol good **** velocity our thread has it moments of win @ times.

"Raichu thunderbolt.....shut it down!"
"its over baby!"
"Raichu finish it! another body slam!"

surge was just hardcore.
How much would you sell that WoG play set for Tim, WoG never goes out of rotation so its always handy to have. Anyway...Brawl is cool.

TheLake

Smash Master
Rob i'll play yah! Dont go to the most romantic place on earth just yet!

Play the most romantic gaming series first! :p

TheLake

Smash Master
Really? It wasnt so bad where i was coming from...

Oh well'z hopfully the server gets better yah?

Oh and marths gay...poor poor ivysaur ):

D20

Smash Lord
I'll try to get on later... but there was about a second of lag. It was unplayable for me. That's why I left, sorry. I tried another game with someone else, and it was just as bad. It might just be my WiFi.

TheLake

Smash Master
When i play naka somtimes we have some smooth matches and other times we have some shivvy ones.

I guess its all about timing when it comes to these lousy servers. Swift and I had some decent ones yesterday though, and it was much later than it is now. But yeah i wanna try PockyD's idea but im not sure what it means lol

Top Bottom