• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

sweetooth

Smash Ace
I was about to say burgh... when did you ever obtain a crown in the first place?? lol, but yo, hit me up sometime... you still have my number?

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
SSE is super long. I am "Smash Bros. Local Legend of Wreckage" and I have a trophy of a wrestler to prove it.

Someone should stalk me on AIM and play Brawl with me. (NineVolts Stitch)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
do i unlock every char by beating sse or by beating classic....which ever is fastest then comes lvls >_>

I'll probly right an essay in the next fews as many others will.

Engel

Smash Journeyman
5 letter names are awesome.

Brawl fc = 0946-1905-4521

>_> I should be doing homework

pockyD

Smash Legend
0258-9950-5473

super laggy cross-country matches!

edit:

Gamestop held it earlier in the day, I couldnt make it.

Brawl is pretty lame right now. We'll see how it goes from here...

we played a bunch of 1v1 1 stock matches, and we unlocked

falco,lucario,falcon,luigi,marf by 3:30am
you are weak - i unlocked all the way through G&W (200 matches)

took like 4 hours though -_-

Engel

Smash Journeyman
Actually what you do is make a special brawl with stamina and flowers then leave your hp at 150 and make the opponent's 1... They die instantly o_0

pockyD

Smash Legend
just play 1 stock with damage ratio on 2.0 and 1 hit the opponent. I mean, you could play for real, but like, for power unlocking, that's the way to go.
i was just using stamina with opponent on 1 hp for the first 100 matches or so

then i got bored and started playing 1stock matches instead -_-

i still can't beat the lvl 9's more than 75% of the time =[... i can't seem to shield properly (you have to press it all the way down or something, and i never did that with melee), and my smashes don't seem to come out when i tell them to

fun game though

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
i was just using stamina with opponent on 1 hp for the first 100 matches or so

then i got bored and started playing 1stock matches instead -_-

i still can't beat the lvl 9's more than 75% of the time =[... i can't seem to shield properly (you have to press it all the way down or something, and i never did that with melee), and my smashes don't seem to come out when i tell them to

fun game though
Yes, it's fun, but all the movement feels super limited. It just feels so slow and that there is little to nothing you can do to speed it up :ohwell:. I really miss lightshielding too... I basically can't block or evade in the game without dash dancing or lightshielding...

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah it's definitely different, i won't say it's worse - there's a lot of cool stuff too

just have to stop doing FJ -> instant air dodge ........

actually i have a lot more trouble trying not to waveland than trying not to wavedash

pockyD

Smash Legend
just finished unlocking all the chars

from what i've tried, i like pit, toon link, luigi, and wolf... i like ice climbers too but they're too different without WD so i dont' want to play them because it'll mess with my melee game (and vice versa -_-)

D20

Smash Lord
I haven't unlocked everyone yet, but I'm liking Pikachu. I have been able to chain throw Fox and CF from 0-70 with him... I don't know if it is legit or not.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
4253-3173-4296

Show Me Your Moves!

EDIT: OMG WAT DID THEY DO TO PEACH!?!?!?!? *cries*
fix'd

I'm gettin my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow, so I'll be playing brawl all week.

5327-0568-5564

Unlocking: I set pause to off, stage selection to random. 1 player, 1 cpu. Set the controller to always move left or right. Then just keep mashing + while watching TV or something.

I won gamestop, and they wont let me compete round 2 in buffalo. So i'm out. Did anyone else do it?

Engel

Smash Journeyman
All chars and stages unlocked

Samus is still fun to play, also kinda like quite a few chars so far >_>

dashdancing is hard >_< as is remembering to press the shield button in all the way and not just half way

Having a test tomorrow sucks... I need to go study ;_;

Engel

Smash Journeyman
yeah sorta >_< I've been able to dashdance for like a max of 5 seconds... you can't move the control stick as far in either direction like you could in melee it seems... I dunno this dashdancing is weird but I feel like if we could get the hang of it, it may be mildly useful >_>

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's really more like foxtrotting back and forth

i suppose it's technically dashdancing but don't confuse it with what's in melee

Engel

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I see what you mean

In other news, I tried doing an online random match and after several unsuccessful tries I finally got in a game only to face incredible lag and yes, I've heard the servers aren't working very well for random yet but still that reminded me of having a 56k modem back in like 1999 >_< So thanks Nintendo, thanks for bringing back such horrible memories.... jerks >_>

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i have everyone but T.link, Wolf, and sonic. 2 of which i can get through SSE and t.link is just playing link through classic mode i think. Either that or it is an event challenge.

I havent been able to mess with 1v1s or FFAs.

also turn around grab gives like everyone melee marths grab range. >.>

Nakamaru

Smash Master
If you didnt take the time to do the vs matches for characters its your main way to get characters. Also you pick up alot of songs stickers, and trophies.

Also does anyone know if there is any difference in lag for Wiis that are hardwired to those that are wireless?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i believe all US brawls are still using the *** servers for now, and US servers should be up within the week, as early as today. I heard this from vex who said he heard it somewhere, but it makes sense. I still cant find anyone via the play with anyone mode, and the with friends gives me the same amount of lag i had with my *** copy.

Top Bottom