• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

pockyD

Smash Legend
sorry i meant *static* ip (you need it to properly forward ports, which should be trivial if you can access your router control page)

edit: i just played rob and it had the same amount of lag as playing people here in norcal (basically hdtv lag)

so all of you - we must play

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Buffalo wouldn't let me play round 2 because the Pleasant Hills people didn't give me a winning certificate. I would've won...

Anyone playing on the Gamebattles ladder?

D20

Smash Lord
I'm 7-1 on the GameBattles ladder... although it only says I'm 4-1 because 3 people accused me of cheating. The match I lost was only because of lame stages such as WarioWare. I didn't realize I had to follow the instructions that came up on the screen. Whatever. Everyone on that ladder is garbage... except for DSF, G-regulate, Skler, and maybe a couple of others.

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
Anytime anyone can't win they accuse people of cheating....and Fox is terrible. He can't pressure shields, he can't DI as he shoots lasers, and he he has no range. There's not much he does better than any other character if anything.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Drill-uptilt is great for getting people air born. Drill-upsmash is amazing in certain situations and it can combo. Drill-down smash combos, and drill to grab still works.

No he isnt top tier anymore, Mid tier at best, but he is still pretty fun to play regardless.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
whatever, fox is beast. He's still super fast and since nothing in the game works, he has a bunch of pseudo-working combos that are good. drill shine gets people off your nuts and sets you up to follow the shine with a running usmash or whatnot. uptilt is stupid, so **** good. usmash and uair are still silly good, and his recovery is still dumb enough to erase mistakes, so I don't know why people are saying he's not top tier, he's really good.

Rose

Smash Journeyman
I wanna brawl with you gentlemen. I will have access to a Wii sometime later this week.

Prepare yourself because...I fight for my friends. Ike is truly the best character all of his attacks are fueled with explosions of hate and rage and pondering of the futility of life. Yet he still fights for his friends which is noble in comparison to gutter trash like Falco who just cares about his prey and keepin your hands off of it.

Ike is so GAR

TheLake

Smash Master
I hate that Dair *glares at naka*

Rose your ike is grass. No sword, friendship motive, or explosion can save you from the wrath of a poorly voiced ivysaur.

D

Deleted member

I wanna brawl with you gentlemen. I will have access to a Wii sometime later this week.

Prepare yourself because...I fight for my friends. Ike is truly the best character all of his attacks are fueled with explosions of hate and rage and pondering of the futility of life. Yet he still fights for his friends which is noble in comparison to gutter trash like Falco who just cares about his prey and keepin your hands off of it.

Ike is so GAR
Ike is the only character I play, I haven't lost to anymore more than I've won. Ike is complete and total ****.

TheLake

Smash Master
Im baffled by that first statment or as ivysaur would put it "saur what the ivy are you sauring a ivy?'

Oh and apparently im the lag master of brawl. Yay me -_-

If anyone believes you can enjoy brawl under any circumstance chances are you havent played me online yet. Im working on it though and i think i found somthing that works...i await any challenger for the ultimate monapoke experience . You wont be "saury" (ooooh im goood)

A-Laon

Smash Master
Managed to get Brawl. Once I have my online working I'll be expecting to see you there, Naka, Rob, Matt. I have plenty of lagless thunderflips with your names on them.

Maybe I'll get to deliver these sooner if I'm ever capable of leaving my house again.

And there are too many **** people on Smashboards now. I feel like I have dial-up.

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
let me know if you add me guys so i can add you back. seems everything runs pretty smooth when im hosting. even when im not hosting it's not that bad anymore. though OMG DeDeDe vs link is so annoying. I can't win..

dead-aim

Smash Cadet
Brawl is so broken. So many characters can chaingrab i don't know how this game is going to work without character bans. Why doesn't everyone just play dedede????

TheLake

Smash Master
You can dodge ANYTHING in brawl.

I havent played any severe chaingrabbers yet but I dont find it all that much of a hinderance *shrugs*
Oh well the games definatly different...played melee the other day though which was fun. <--Misses mewtwo ): I found myself better in diffrent ways (air dodging and grab game) and shield rush grabs are awsome!

There are so many wolf players though >< no suprise really but i fear no chain grab of any kind! Well unless im donkey kong against dedede...ouch

pockyD

Smash Legend
ICs can still chaingrab (and they have the new vicious one with nana regrabs since you can control her throws now - not infinite though cuz you'll run out of space)

i chaingrabbed a cpu a few times with wolf bthrow lol but i doubt that actually works

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Olimar ***** my Zelda but Link has no problems with him. Some reason short characters are giving Zelda a hard time. And I don't fully trust Shieks KO ability in Brawl to use her as much.

pockyD

Smash Legend
probably because the stupid kick is harder to land on smaller characters, and that's all most zeldas rely on

also olimar matches din'sfire spam so zeldas can't camp him out well either

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Well with DA i try to save Fair for KO's and yes it is harder to land on smaller characters. but I've had alot of success KOing with Dsmash if they are trying to play a rush down game and stay close to me. Only Din Fire spam i use is if they are off edge or if someone's going to be dumb and let me combo them off the stage with it. TBH I've been having more success playing Zelda in brawl than Link. Though I would like to have Link as my Main Zelda just may take the spot full time. Oh and Utilt still has great KOing ability as it did in Melee.

pockyD

Smash Legend
zelda is really good in brawl - definitely much better than link

toon link is way better than them both though =\

and ganondorf is like bottom 5 in the game lol

edit: imo zelda is better than sheik too - debatable though

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
I think I have to agree that Zelda is better than Link.. I still haven't unlocked any characters really. im to lazy to atm. Anyways Link still has been improved Drastically from Melee in ways. Though his horizontal recovery took a big hit with the Air Dodge and grapple range changes.

dead-aim

Smash Cadet
haha that episode was weak in my opinion, the best one ever is still the multi episode one with imagination land. IMAGINAAAATIONNN!!!!!!

Anyways, is anybody going to the night spot to play anymore or is this all going to just be online?

Top Bottom