• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

takieddine

Smash Master
Good thing Starmie isnt in this game...or he'd be broken...

How many of you cowering trainers had to get a pathetic oddish raise it just to take on Misty's starmie even though bubble beam still killed that oddish in like 3 hits?

pockyD

Smash Legend
Good thing Starmie isnt in this game...or he'd be broken...

How many of you cowering trainers had to get a pathetic oddish raise it just to take on Misty's starmie even though bubble beam still killed that oddish in like 3 hits?
why wouldn't you just use pikachu?

pockyD

Smash Legend
how would they know? as long as you don't have pikachu using outrage or something

P.S. it occurs to me that i want to get a lot more teams practice at weeklies this year

plus if you ("you" being anyone, not YOU the last person who posted) don't already have a regular teammate you should try finding one anyway =\ teamwork goes a long way and can balance out a significant gap in individual skill

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
plus if you ("you" being anyone, not YOU the last person who posted) don't already have a regular teammate you should try finding one anyway =\
unless you particularly hate teams then i'd get a set partner to play with. Me and Taki will need practice if we wanna take Ohio. :dizzy: so we need teams to beat--practice against.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I havent had a team partner that i dont clash with in some way. Me and taki were onto something with team vacation (double fox), but we still beat the crap outta each other as much as the other teams.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
im raising my teams by hand, and it is a *****

whos comin friday, and for how long? Me and shawn will be there at like 8, so if no ones going to be there that late, we won't bother rushing.

xyt

Smash Lord
hmm.. I need a good teammate............
-someone who would be a good combination w/ sheik
-someone who'd be willing to practice alot in teams
-someone who'd be willing to go to the events in order to compete in team battles

couple things about me in team play
-i don't really ever hit my teammate in battle. but the couple times i do... they usually die @_@)..
-i'm not that quick about covering for my teammate. (helping them when they're being edgeguarded)
-i don't have many moves that can save my teammate when off the stage. either that or i just don't
know how to use em properly for that purpose.
-i can go sheik or ganon (the ganon usually resulting in "HOLY **** YOU SUCK CHANGE TO SHEIK")
-the only thing i'm usually good about is keeping 1 guy busy.. so if you notice me in team play. it's like
watch 2 1v1s ... which isn't really a good thing
-conclusion: i am bad at teams but will work to get good at it.

A-Laon

Smash Master
hmm.. I need a good teammate............
-someone who would be a good combination w/ sheik
-someone who'd be willing to practice alot in teams
-someone who'd be willing to go to the events in order to compete in team battles

couple things about me in team play
-i don't really ever hit my teammate in battle. but the couple times i do... they usually die @_@)..
-i'm not that quick about covering for my teammate. (helping them when they're being edgeguarded)
-i don't have many moves that can save my teammate when off the stage. either that or i just don't
know how to use em properly for that purpose.
-i can go sheik or ganon (the ganon usually resulting in "HOLY **** YOU SUCK CHANGE TO SHEIK")
-the only thing i'm usually good about is keeping 1 guy busy.. so if you notice me in team play. it's like
watch 2 1v1s ... which isn't really a good thing
-conclusion: i am bad at teams but will work to get good at it.
Team with me.

pockyD

Smash Legend
quite a pitch

some general teams advice; needles are good for saving, as is uair occasionally (only use uair if the opponents are too far away to edgeguard you; it leaves you really vulnerable). jabs and ftilt/dtilt can be good too if your teammate is almost making it but is getting edgehogged

in general, something as simple as throwing a needle can break a combo or chaingrab that your partner is stuck in and let them retaliate

and finally i'd use the grab-attack less than you usually do unless your partner is between you and the other opponent (and is coming to deliver a big hit or something)

A-Laon

Smash Master
hmm... @_@)...
I'm not very experienced in teams either, so we won't be dragging each other down and can learn the gametype together.

I'm Falco... whenever I'm hit I die anyway, so at least it's good you won't mis-hit often.

I too prefer to keep the battle as seperated as possible to better utilize my 1v1 potential, so us splitting up most of the time wouldn't be a terrible thing.

Assisting each other is easy to learn and incorporate, especially when we both have such great projectiles.

Both our characters are gay. @_@))-_>_>>(()(o_))@_@

Top Bottom