• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
did u two do these steps?

1) start the cube and hold b (then click yes for progressive scan)
2) then goto options > screen display > deflicker > off

if you did these on a HDTV there will be no lag. Ive done this with a gamecube and ther lag goes away. I encourgae you if u havent already to try this with the wii @ the gamecube startup animation or get progressive scan on somewhere.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
I just tried that, and I experienced no noticible lag. I'm fairly certain it was perfect, but i dunno if someone can count milliseconds from pressing a button and seeing it happen (taki?)

Is there a known way to do that with Wii games too? I tried holding B on the Wiimote during startup, and game startup and nothing happened. I think it would make sense if they put that type of thing on the GCN, that the Wii would have it too.

TSK

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably be at duq around 3:30 tomorrow

Also my shiny careful skarmory has these iv's
HP: 31
Att: 21
Def: 29
SpA: 28
SpD: 27
Speed: 17
and I just caught 9 shiny magnemite today... this is why I shouldn't get called off from work >_>

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
well I tried to mess with the settings on the TV to get it to lag, but its still playing smooth as hell. which I guess is a good thing. but I still can't see if the component cables helped any.
and why would you NOT play with progressive scan on if you have component cables? I believe that the cube/wii will ask you if you want to turn it on if the option is available during bootup. you just have to change the wii's screen output to 480p in the menu.

regardless of wat I just said, it looks like I'll be bringing my wii/component cables to the weeklies now.

takieddine

Smash Master
Damon 180. I the adress is : 1000 locust st. Pittsburgh PA 15217.

If you make it to the street, call me at 412-527-8839.

I'll be expecting everyone around 3:30

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to announce that my fox beat Taki's falco twice in a row. I was then 3 and 4 stocked shortly after. That is all.

takieddine

Smash Master
IV's are random and are better assigned if you hatch eggs. they range from 0-31 in each stat. They are randomly assigned for some stats and for the 3 remaining stats the IV's are directly transfered from the parent's combined set of IV's.

EV's depend on which pokemon you fight against, for example a starly is 1 EV in speed. these EV's will accumlate to give you higher stats.

go to Serebii.net it has all this information in the D/P section.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
My focus blast Charizard has hidden power Electric, that is all.
Well I don't like that at all...

Who all is coming next friday? Me and shawn just found out we got a game moved to 5:30 next friday. So I guess we'll show up at like...8 at the earliest. But we can stay later, and I can MM Taki for a ride home.

EDIT: Do people smash on the weekends during school?

EDIT2: Is roar/whirlwind speed dependent?

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
No Roar/Whirlwind always go second.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1244830&posted=1#post1244830

^^^There is a link to how to breed for IVS.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1257764#post1257764

^^^^There is a link to how to breed both IVs and Nature at the same time.

So let me understand what is going on with the Wii TV lag situation. I have a Wii. I will be bringing it to college. What do I need to do/buy ensure that the TV I use the Wii on will not lag?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
thx for the links.

ok to business.

first lets roll call everyone driving to komos thingy on the 8th and how many they can hold

So far i know for sure that wesley is driving. We need to know whos going with who so we can fit the optimal amount of our guys in and not leave anyone scrambling @ the last mintue.

edit: ideally i see rob, wesley, naka driving with 3-4 guys (not counting drivers)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
oh man when i heard that jiggy and squirtle were the two pkmn they chose between in the first one i was disappointed that squirtle wasnt playable in ssbm but finally........finally squirtle is up in there. Instead of playing fox first i may actually play trainer first. But im going to call him pokeguy from now on.

Top Bottom