• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
if its his name on the PA rankings your worried about, you should challenge him for title of worst top player in the state

man i really want to play you guys when i get back. <3 does anyone want to play my poketeam on red version? i'll probably bring it with me anyways

takieddine

Smash Master
I was just saying that because I haven't played rob since the 2 matches Iv'e played him 2 weeks ago.

Nice, bring it I'll build a blue team. I still have my Gameboy link cable...

<what a nerd..

xyt

Smash Lord
hope you're all ready to face the wrath of my sheik
i don't know why but i get really nervous whenever someone throws a
"MY SHEIK IS AWESOME" comment... =_=)... and it happens pretty often..
common guys. have a heart for the guy who only plays one character = /

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
yeah taki! ihave something else to look forward to when i get back. i've never played in a "competitive" pokebattle before.

bring it on kev, i haven't been playing smash much, but i have been playing vs. sheik almost everyday.

i dunno, but it never seems like sheik gets enough play as it could in the tournament scene. does anyone else notice that or maybe i haven't seen enough of it?

pockyD

Smash Legend
sheik is really hard to play at the top level because she has a rough time against fox and falco, the two most common characters

pockyD

Smash Legend
sheik vs marth is very very straightforward

sheik vs peach is really weird and annoying but at the end of the day it's at least even for sheik

fox and falco on the other hand are bad, as are ICs on FD

takieddine

Smash Master
Shiek Marth is easier for the Shiek, but Marth can still **** the living crap out of shiek. I'm just thinking about how well a good marth will keep you trying to make you recover, but won't let you.

Idk sheik is weird, she can get *****, but its not like she doesnt have a chance, she can still gimp all the listed characters.

pockyD

Smash Legend
but sheik vs marth goes exactly the way that any new sheik player would play sheik (notice i didn't say easy, i said straightforward; no fancy tricks)

sheik vs peach on the other hand isn't (you have to worry about her ccing your jabs/ftilt, nairing out of your throw combos, etc)

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
i'm not disagreeing with anything you've said so far, but in the past, i always thought that sheik did well if not even with spacies because dash attack/throw/anything + fair= death. she has enough tools to keep them off the stage.

personally i always thought one of sheik's biggest disadvantages is the awkward dash and short hop, and i guess she has a disadvantage whenever she is thrown above the opponent, so i guess its enough to stay away from that matchup.

yeah sheik vs. peach is weird indeed,

this whole territory is pretty far from my expertise, unless you want to discuss yoshi vs. sheik ;)

pockyD

Smash Legend
sheik is more than playable against spacies but is at a clear disadvantage against fox (and probably also a slight disadvantage against falco, but that may or may not be true). those matchups are really awkward because they are both faster and have more priority than her

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
ah i see, i ran into an issue when i mixed "disadvantage" and "playable"

my assumption before was that playability was defined by having an even or better matchup. But, what i'm interpreting now is that playability just means the disadvantages aren't that bad.

The new assumptions are that even if the matchup is a disadvantage, it is still worth it to choose this bad matchup because of comfortability of character? this obviously depends on a variety of factors as well

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's a 5hour drive so it'd probably be a better option to go friday night unless we all want to be mad tired

edit: and on second thought 5 hours isn't really worth it so i'm probably out on that

to put it in perspective that's 1 hour further than dc (in addition, most md/va events are northwest of DC)

A-Laon

Smash Master
Family vacations suck.

Rob and Evan never showing up to smash anymore sucks.

All Sheiks (except Drephen and Sheik-Sheik <3) suck.

Matt sucks.

People not going to Capefest sucks.

CyberCon taking Fritz's controllers and calling them theirs because he walked out of the room for two minutes sucks.

People who build teams with Mewtwo suck.

Item updates suck.

Being a full week away from smashing sucks.

Yeah.. that's all.

pockyD

Smash Legend
you should try to go to C3 8/18 o_o

but yeah i definitely want to go to a lot of stuff next semester

i'll have my car but it's not very big, so i'm going to bum rides off wes as much as possible

Damon180

Smash Ace
i'm in pittsburg for the week on buisness.
staying at the four points by sheraton.
1 industrial drive
pitt pa 15... i forget the zip :)
really close to the mall.
anyone wanna play after class time ?:) (5pm on)

dead-aim

Smash Cadet
Although I haven't played much Super Smash lately, I did finish reading Dune.
d20 is a nubsause at this game and he is washed up. Tak him of the rankings for inactivity.

me corey and matt are playing at matts today if anyone is interested.

takieddine

Smash Master
Me interested in pwning nubsauce.

if you can make it to Duquesne University with a cube, I'm def down to play.

edit edit: yeah Damon, Carnegie, where Harm(dead-aim) lives is pretty much on the same highway. do you have means of transportation?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i've had 457 posts in the past month

that extrapolates to easily over 1k posts this summer

it doesn't show more than 500 results so i can't count for sure

Damon180

Smash Ace
Me interested in pwning nubsauce.

if you can make it to Duquesne University with a cube, I'm def down to play.

edit edit: yeah Damon, Carnegie, where Harm(dead-aim) lives is pretty much on the same highway. do you have means of transportation?
sure do, they made me drive down here from harrisburg instead of flying me, *******s :).
gimme an address and a time past 5pm and i'll show. a phone number would help too :).

D20

Smash Lord
We're done smashing... it was just an afternoon thing. Matt and Evan have work tonight.

Damon180

Smash Ace
doh. third shift is usually my thing. the people im dealing with are first shifters so that's where i'm at for time. ah well, if nothin else comes up we'll prolly see eachoter at elkomo's or mow's event :).

Top Bottom