• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Nakamaru

Smash Master
So, uh... ::joins wesley with lawn chair and pulls out some chips and soda::

Can't we all just get along? ::munches on chips::

I'll make my announcement about Cape's fest next weekend when ya'll are done with this issue.

Renth

Smash Hero
So, uh... ::joins wesley with lawn chair and pulls out some chips and soda::

Can't we all just get along? ::munches on chips::

I'll make my announcement about Cape's fest next weekend when ya'll are done with this issue.
I'd be down for a cape fest :(

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Well then get your ayse up here daymit.

Cape fest is Next weekend. The 10-12 of august. My car is going. So far its just me and alan. 3 seats left. Who wants them.

Sorry shiek... your not going to be back in time.

Edit-the brawl update makes me want to cry. Hopfuly its not like a marth+roy thing. >.>

takieddine

Smash Master
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH, WAH WWWAHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

that is all..

as far as i know its 2(jump)+1(shine)=3 fames out of shield?

In any case falco is as slow as balls, and I would feel comfortable shining out of shield. Not only that, I can full hop nair out of shield and he can't do ****.

anywho, keep it nice kids. keep it a debate and not a fight.

pockyD

Smash Legend
well it's 4 to jump 1 to shine

i think you let go by frame 3 to do a short hop but he's still in the jump animation lag at that point so you can't act yet

edit: make fun all you want but i really can't stand two-faced people who act nice to my face but then do a complete 180 when i'm not around

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
edit: make fun all you want but i really can't stand two-faced people who act nice to my face but then do a complete 180 when i'm not around
Sorry, just trying to lighten things up a bit...

Seriously, if anyone has a problem with someone else, I think they should discuss it off forum (by AIM, in person, by PM even) before making things REALLY ugly like they've become here. I really don't want to take sides here, but I have to say that you're stepping WAY out of line here Alan. You have a problem with Kevin, feel like he's singling you out, picking on your, etc, you talk to him about it, chances are it's just a misunderstanding. Now you've gone off on a huge rant and put this entire thread in the uncomfortable position of picking sides in a personal argument by expanding the personal disagreement into a broad sweeping, "everyone hates you" stance against Pocky.

I don't know what else to say, there's no reason anyone besides Alan and Pocky should be hearing or talking about the problems between Alan and Pocky

takieddine

Smash Master
I agree.

I'm not on anyone's side either, but:

Alan I think you kinda took it too far this time. IMO You started the ugliness, play the game to get better people. Pocky was having a discussion. If you didn't want to be a part of it, don't post.

I hope I'm still friendly with everyone, /sarcasm/but cowboy(man that guy I cant stand)/sarcasm/.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
well, that was good fun

What time friday? I plan on bringing me +3, and hopefully, dad will let me bring the TV this time, too.

dead-aim

Smash Cadet
wow..........everyone needs to realize this is a competetive game for fun and and i do think any sh*t talk on anyone needs to stop. We are all supposed to be friends and lately when i go play smash at duquesne all i here is johns and people making fun of other people. The only reason pittsburgh really doesn't suck is because our old scene used to be so sweet. I mean yea its ok to joke around and keep the competetive nature but i don't think remarks about someones person should be said to attack ones person.

we all need to think in times like his w.w.t.d or what would tim do.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I've brought all this up here because it's an issue affecting the thread and revolved around those who post in it. If somebody has no ties to this drama at all, then I apologize for you having to put up with it; however, for those who just don't want to speak up because you're afraid of being dragged into it, your opinions aren't respected.

Anyway, the last I'm going to say of this is the following:
iceburgh is a ****** and i'm bored

that's why there's drama
of course i'm loving it

as i said, i'm bored, and this is what's been entertaining me
well this is going nowhere

continue whining at will
agree or disagree

preferably without a 3 paragraph essay
All of the above are examples of posts of yours you used to end pointless arguments that you originally incited. The parts I bolded are more concerning, and are what make me question the true intent of your "confrontations."

You may have your reasons or apparent justifications, but explain to me how those posts aren't supposed to come off as needlessly arrogant and rude, and I'll gladly take this to AIM.

pockyD

Smash Legend
how does asking for a simple yes/no instead of 3 plodding paragraphs seem arrogant at all?

and you realize in the 3 paragraphs you DID write, you STILL didn't answer my question

and wtf "rude", THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD. i'm perfectly cool in real life with almost everyone i argue with on the boards (except inui, and now apparently you). quit taking things so seriously

aside from that, i don't feel i need to justify myself to anyone for posting on boards, which NO one in their right mind takes seriously. the way i see it, you have done a great job deflecting this whole topic from where i proved you wrong into a spiel about hate and smash threads. i had already apologized for the whining thing that you continuously bring up; if you didn't feel the need to justify absolutely everything you do and instead could just let things end when they are closing (like this whole thing was already over, then you make this post), things would die down a lot faster

and yes i'm a jerk to iceburgh and will probably continue to be because to me, he's just a name on a page that mouths off about stupid things. if i ever met him in person, things would change. and i DID make an attempt to mend things with him on AIM and it went over fine

on the other hand, you went ahead and blocked me before i could even contact you to begin with. you'll gladly take this to aim? please don't insult my intelligence by saying one thing and doing another

A-Laon

Smash Master
I could bother arguing against all the radical distortions you just made, but quite frankly, I'm absolutely sick of this.

Here's the deal:

You come into the thread and interject in simple conversations with your disapproval of anything somebody may say, obligating them to argue to defend themself. You continue this pointless and unwanted argument for a long while, and eventually when you get bored or sick of arguing and realize you're not going to get your opponent to see your way, you make a post all pompously concluding your argument by just restating your points as if they're some known truth, make a comment implying that people can just think as they wish and be wrong, and then make a closing remark to belittle the person who actually bothered to play along with your pointless debate and pin the whole mess on them.

You can debate the truth of this and justify your actions all you want, but it's not going to change anything. This is the reason you're disliked. Change it, or continue to be disliked.

I'm done.

takieddine

Smash Master
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the line. Cross it and you shall be called a girly man.

Renth

Smash Hero
Whatever i'm a girly man then.

Just play the dang game.

I remeber how much everyone in pittsburgh got along you guys were such a tight group of friends and once you move away and hit smash boards for awhile there's so much hate. If there are issues bring them in the open perferibly not on smash boards. How can a simple debate about what a pillar is turn into bashing each other? I like pittsburgh smashers... it's strange to see so much hate.

xyt

Smash Lord
BUT NO ONE LOVES SHEIK MANNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!
WUTS UP WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!
except maybe Evan n Corey.... in which case you're gay... like me.. @_@)...

HUH??..... @_@)...

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
i totally agree swords are way overused. but maybe they can make 2 distinct syles/strategies out of them.

axes would have been hawt, but we can still cross our fingers cause the last smash had 2 fire emblem characters in it didn't it?. ;)

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
silly sheik, of course alan was referring to shine-comboing you in person.

i actually had no idea who dawn was in pokemon, but after a quick search i think i am going to have to side with misty on this one.

Top Bottom