• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Nakamaru

Smash Master
lol, everyone is essentially saying the same thing in different ways. We are all working on controlling our urge to just snap our controllers in half (which would be pretty awesome to see i have to admit) and throw dead corpses across the room of a catholic hangout.

Anonalbe

Smash Cadet
Season / class / comp / sarcasm?
BC S2 & S3 glad
warlock, ended with full sunwell geared (i played too much), full s4
2's: rogue/lock, 3's: druid/hunter/lock
quit right before wotlk patch came out

what class should i play this time D:
and i won't be joining you guys on mag... have guildies and friends that still play on my server

A-Laon

Smash Master
They're giving locks all the mage abilities, so...

Stick with your high tier. =O

EDIT: **** that ****. You're joining us on mag. Druid/lock/warrior. Lez go.

takieddine

Smash Master
I had a dream i went back into wow, and warlocks had even more health, 40k now at relentless/wrathful. can anyone confirm/deny?

Smash at duq tonight?

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I had a dream i went back into wow, and warlocks had even more health, 40k now at relentless/wrathful. can anyone confirm/deny?

Smash at duq tonight?
I actually believe they do have health in that range, but alan can obviously confirm.

So yeah Duquesne smashing, I don't have a game or anything so yeah. I'm free after 6 but I'd prefer to play right around then as I don't wanna be out late playing like usual.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
ATTN: SC2 players/followers. Boxer vs. Nada was an amazing set, watch it.

In other news, I would not be surprised if locks have 40k health in PvP now. In my PvE mage gear, I'm at 44k in ICC. With the extra stamina provided by PvP stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if that number went to 40k normally.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I had a dream I was walking to school, and got shadowfury'd. The warlock then proceeded to one shot me with chaos bolt.

And then I had to wake up and actually go to school. :(

Edit: Smashboards should give us a chat room

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I think Falco's a really good character.

He has a gun and stuff.

Fun discussion.
I was working on something the other day. If you jump, but not a full jump like a shorter version of a jump, then shoot a laser it is really effective against most players. I was even beating level 6 computers by doing the "short jump shoot lazer" then attacking with front smash after they got hit by one. I think I will try it against a level 7 today.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I was working on something the other day. If you jump, but not a full jump like a shorter version of a jump, then shoot a laser it is really effective against most players. I was even beating level 6 computers by doing the "short jump shoot lazer" then attacking with front smash after they got hit by one. I think I will try it against a level 7 today.
Dude man that's like what all the tourney tards do, called SRH or somethin

When I play with my friends they sometimes use that and that other move (dashsliding?) and it's totally not fair. they say it's pro and arrogant **** like that but clearly it wasn't meant to be in the game so it's cheating

btw how do you unlock toad?

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I think Falco's a really good character.

He has a gun and stuff.

Fun discussion.
Aww. . . . a cute stab at my intelligence.

It was a "WoW NOT here" thing, as opposed to a "Smash here" thing.

But still adorable nonetheless.

Same goes for you, Logan.

Edit: I just read the rest of the comments on this page. I love how discussing Smash means that we bring our intelligence about the game down to the Smash equivalent of an infant.

You can talk about Smash without sounding like you have an IQ of 68.

I guess I'm one of the few who actually like this game.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Rob hittin' it up with some classic vids.

Though I really would have preferred that both species had united and ravaged the annoying ***** laughing in the back the whole time.

There's no reason to talk about smash in this thread.

It's like ****ting.

Yes, we all do it.

What's there to say?

EDIT:

Best video of recent years.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Aww. . . . a cute stab at my intelligence.

It was a "WoW NOT here" thing, as opposed to a "Smash here" thing.

But still adorable nonetheless.

Same goes for you, Logan.

Edit: I just read the rest of the comments on this page. I love how discussing Smash means that we bring our intelligence about the game down to the Smash equivalent of an infant.

You can talk about Smash without sounding like you have an IQ of 68.

I guess I'm one of the few who actually like this game.
Most of us have been playing this game competitively for 4+ years, some of us (like, you know, me) for as much as 7. We don't have much to talk about except right after a tournament, and even then, it's only when it's people together in person watching a match that it's easy to talk about smash theorycraft.

Smash isn't like WoW or LoL where you can talk about all your options in certain situations versus certain classes. In smash it's almost all about your skill as a player (tech skill/execution as well as patience, remaining calm, etc) and you against another player, your style against theirs. Style has a definite impact in every competitive game but that's 90%+ of how a match goes in a fighting game. That's why there's just less to talk about, lol.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
oh I didn't realize this was a real discussion.

Da Shuffla, this is a regional thread, it's mostly just a social forum for players from that region to discuss whatever they please and foster a community. There are Melee Discussion Boards and Character Specific Boards for in depth tactical discussion of the game, and admittedly, even in those, sometimes it goes off topic, but it's still alright so long as the discussion actually lets players build relationships with other players.

If you want to discuss Melee, discuss Melee, it's not like anyone's gonna shoot you down for asking about something to due with Melee in these boards, but that doesn't mean that when there's a lack of a better topic they'll shift their conversation to something else just so they have something to talk about as a community. I dunno, it seems pretty counterproductive to essentially come into the thread just to point out that people who met via Smash are posting about not-smash on Smashboards. Like, what's the problem with that? You want to talk smash, talk smash, but don't go picking fights because people use smashboards for topics other than smash (especially regional threads).

gouda

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Get ****in **** on Gerald. Even though your intent was to just poke fun, Mogwai here just ripped you a new one (R.Y.N.O Ratchet & Clank... anyone?)

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Wow. Get ****in **** on Gerald. Even though your intent was to just poke fun, Mogwai here just ripped you a new one (R.Y.N.O Ratchet & Clank... anyone?)
I'm fairly positive you missed wesley's point. I wanna say he was just setting the record straight and being informative. No one is putting anyone down or tearing new *******s here. We are all friends :D

gouda

Smash Journeyman
I'm fairly positive you missed wesley's point. I wanna say he was just setting the record straight and being informative. No one is putting anyone down or tearing new *******s here. We are all friends :D
Precisely my motive as well... figured i'd chime in with some sarcasm, clearly it didn't work >.>

my b gerald.

Still waiting for confirmation on R.Y.N.O reference?... *which was also partly my motive to post as well O.O*

<3 An INAPPROPRIATE amount of love.

Top Bottom