• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

pockyD

Smash Legend
imagining taki hunched over chasing after a chipmunk with a big stupid grin on his face (and probably holding a butterfly net) just made my day 3x better

MrBagHead

Smash Rookie
Hey new guy to Pittsburgh looking to get into some melee/brawl casuals. Can someone point me in the right direction with a PM?

takieddine

Smash Master
MrBagHead, welcome.

feel free to PM me, or anyone here. PM me if you want to schedule some time to play(melee)., im usually free all afternoons and can meet you/play here at duquesne.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177776

Thread for all Butler Videos. Yeah, I know you guys don't care too much, but we need some sort of notice. And we're... a little bit near Pittsburgh. >_>

Oh and I see you've got an Ergo Proxy avatar now, Swift. I just got into that series... What do you think of it?
I'm pretty sure Swift's avatar is actually Mugen from Samurai Champloo, which is acually one of very few animes that I'm not sorry I watched.

P.S. I miss being able to play Taki (especially with DK) :\...

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
egro proxy was pretty good. Its a mellow drama-ish type of anime. the action is minimum but the plot is relatively good. it takes off of bladerunner and it makes references and to themes that serve well for the story.

8/10

I had a ergo proxy avatar a few day ago. but yeah now its mugen,

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Swift, give me a new anime to watch please? One that hopefully isnt all that well known. Cause i've seen most of the well known ones and im running out of stuff to watch at a very rapid rate since i entered summer.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
evangelion

Lain

soul eater

shikon gattai godannar

nhk ni yo yokoso

gunbuster

.hack//sign

xxxholic

claymore(good **** i hear)

speed grapher

tengen toppen Gurren Lagann

golden boy

gundam 8th ms team

Kare Kano

Vyke

Smash Champion
Soul Eater is good so far... A little bit too much "LOOK AT THIS ISN'T IT FUNNY?" humor for me, but the action and character designs are neat.

The first episode of Claymore was good... from what I could see. I swear, too many more mature animes these days are so dark that I can't see **** in them. Lake can attest to that from watching Basilisk. Claymore suffers from the same thing during action scenes. At least, in the first episode. That isn't much to judge on, though.

I hear Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann is just plain awesome, but I've yet to get into it.

Evangelion is a classic, of course. Disturbing, and ageless.

.Hack is also another character development driven anime. Minimal action but interesting if you find relationships with the characters (Not just romance) fun to watch.

Gundam 8th MS Team ran very shortly a long time ago on Toonami, and I liked what I saw. I think it's supposed to be the most "realistic" version of Gundam that there is, with a more modern military feel to it.

I've wanted to see what xXxHolic was about... though I never found out. >_>

Oh, I also found it interesting that Ergo Proxy and Samurai Champloo were produced by the same studio.

Tyberg29

Smash Cadet
Are these tournies still active? If so, where do they take place, and are they specifically Melee or Brawl? Thanks! ^_^

D20

Smash Lord
In the summer, we don't have have anything official going on. We still play from time to time though.

Tyberg29

Smash Cadet
We play melee, but theres brawl tourneys in Sq. Hill CyberCONnexion. Where are you from?
Oh really? Tourneys in the Sq. Hill Cyber Connexions? Sweet. I'm not from Sq. Hill but could probably easily make my way out there now and then. So, when are the tourneys held there? Entree fees? Sorry if I'm behind on a lot, lol.

Tyberg29

Smash Cadet
Ohio tourney? Where, where? Too far from Pittsburgh? XD
God dammit, I feel like I can't get anything going around here....

takieddine

Smash Master
Ohio tourney? Where, where? Too far from Pittsburgh? XD
God dammit, I feel like I can't get anything going around here....
The Ohio tourney is early Next month, if you are gonna complain about not having tournaments, this is your chance to step it up.

Secondly, How are you gonna come out of nowhere and tell us you "cant get anything started". Did you hold a tourney and no one came? No. Learn about the community and go to tournaments then you can start talking about "not being able to get anything started".

Tyberg29

Smash Cadet
The Ohio tourney is early Next month, if you are gonna complain about not having tournaments, this is your chance to step it up.

Secondly, How are you gonna come out of nowhere and tell us you "cant get anything started". Did you hold a tourney and no one came? No. Learn about the community and go to tournaments then you can start talking about "not being able to get anything started".
Well, I would host a tourney for nobody to come to, but you are telling me not even to bother, so quit being so mean, contradicting yourself, and misinterpreting things over the internet. What I meant lastly was that I can't get anything started around here for myself, since often traveling isn't an option. Therefore, I am trying to locally build up, but if you say not to, I won't. Kthnx......:dizzy:

takieddine

Smash Master
You just came out of nowhere and are complaining about not having anything around here. I could understand if you've been here a long time and no one wants to play, but thats not the case. You havent been around long enough to complain about things is what im saying.

Not having a ride isnt everyone else's problem, and the way you said "i cant get anything started around here" sure made it sound like it was our fault for not wanting to play or something.

I only said not to hold tourneys cause the REST of PA probably WONT show up. If you hold something many of us local players are around.

P.S I'm open to play always.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Lake and I were planning on doing some smashing today. Maybe at Naka's house or something similar... Anyone interested?

Tyberg29

Smash Cadet
You just came out of nowhere and are complaining about not having anything around here. I could understand if you've been here a long time and no one wants to play, but thats not the case. You havent been around long enough to complain about things is what im saying.

Not having a ride isnt everyone else's problem, and the way you said "i cant get anything started around here" sure made it sound like it was our fault for not wanting to play or something.

I only said not to hold tourneys cause the REST of PA probably WONT show up. If you hold something many of us local players are around.

P.S I'm open to play always.
Alrighty. I'm going to probably be trying to get some local tourneys going, and if I do, I'll let you know. Thanks for all your insight. ^_^

pockyD

Smash Legend
I'm a Paladin with 18 charisma and 97 hit points. I can use my helm of disintegration and do one D4 damage as my half-elf mage wields his plus-five holy avenger.

Top Bottom