• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

D

Deleted member

we have all summer, it will work itself out.

I'm highly interested in any possible melee tournaments in pittsburgh.

edit: **** it, come up this weekend. As in today or tomorrow.

A-Laon

Smash Master
In before the "I'm the best" Rob post.

And besides, I play smash, WoW, UT, GH, RB, THPS(2!!!), and Halo. Additionally, I'm charismatic, confident, and devilishly handsome.

I'M the best!!!

Atacusbebop123

Smash Journeyman
Atacusbebop is having smash fest.
It will either happen at my place, but because of driving distances, it is subject to change.
Car pooling is recomended, because Taki doesn't have a car.
Thurday June 12
Afternoon, and maybe some can spend the night if needed.

Don't have a name for it, but who cares.

Host: Atacusbebop

Confirmed attendees:
taki
TheLake
Vudujin
Scolio
Lyme
Raziel
Naka (?)
PWNY (?)

Setups:

Game cubes:
Atacusbebop

Tvs:
Atacusbebop

Just about anybody is welcome to come, so ask my for my info

AIM:
Suprstevn44

Address/Phone#
Don't Ask/Won't Tell

I'd also like to extend a special invite to everybopdy and anybody who went to either of the Smashradtrophes (1 or 2)

D

Deleted member

no asians. no best.
I'm better than all asians at everything besides killing myself. "lack of practice" johns.

edit" rob's picture is pretty win, but it would be more win if it weren't in like a middle school. Suggests the femme's are ~16.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Bebop:

Address? Time? Air conditioning on these *****IN summer days? :)

EDIT:

Very nice, TSK. You're capable of taking GH far more seriously than I was. Still, you gotta play some GH2, too! :)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
when I get back (for ppl who still wanna play melee lol) expect me to play IC's

Taki I cant convince you that wobbling is not as broken as you think so ima get @ the bigger/more important picture.

Ima wobble everyone in friendlies and **** y'all until you learn the matchup so if theres a tourney with wobbling you'll never have to worry.

the matchup is not that hard to learn and once you learn it and execute correctly there will be no worries. I am going to avoid the fact that taki and whoever thinks it should always be banned and just make y'all learn the matchup that well so you will never worry bout it. if you **** the matchup you wont have to care about the integrety of the community because it will not pertain to you.

takieddine

Smash Master
You'll find it one day where you'll get ***** by someone you could have otherwise had a close set. If it doesnt matter that much, why would anyone miss it being gone?

But for now, I dont care if wobbling is allowed or not, All i know is i'll be upset if i lose just because of that.

If wobbling is gonna be universally accepted I'd say move the IC's up in the tier list a bit.

pockyD

Smash Legend
the only (relevant) matchup wobbling has a significant effect on is samus

fox, falco, sheik, and falcon already get ***** from grabs, and marth, peach, and jiggs shouldn't ever get sync grabbed unless you mess up

and samus is gay and deserves to get ***** anyway

edit: of course having wobbling helps the IC player, but no more so than having chaingrabbing helps a sheik player or having uthrow uair helps a fox player

"if you hadn't wobbled..." is an awful argument; it's like saying 'if you hadn't usmashed...' (i dunno why i switch back and forth between single quotes and double quotes)

takieddine

Smash Master
IC's are a pretty limited character, so wobbling i guess doesnt add that much to them.

Its still pretty dull, boring, and skill-less, I would much more admire an IC's player if they did the slightly harder chaingrabs, or infinites, than wobbling. I guess that was my problem put in blunt terms.

Lets Not spam the boards with this junk anymore, I hate this argument as much as i hate brawl vs. melee.

Top Bottom