• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Nakamaru

Smash Master
If we can't get monaca, there is always my house. Parents are gone so we have the entire house to use. There are beds and such for people to sleep and more than enough room. If we can get a mini tournament/smashfest going though i'd definatley show up.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Tomorrow I'm likely busy. However, I'm definitely up for anything over the weekend, pending transportation.

For simplicity's sake at this short notice, I'd vote we take Naka's offer, but if something in Monaca can be fleshed out quickly enough, you'll hear no objections from me.

Btw, thanks Naka for the clip in the Tastrophe vid lol

I miss my hair =(

Raziel744

Smash Apprentice
Friday or Saturday, I can call Rose if you don't have his number.

Edit: I just talked to Rose, the Monaca venue can't be avaliable on such short notice, but he's up for whatever tomorrow, and I'll pick him up.

takieddine

Smash Master
just take more time to plan and make smashtastophe 3 happen lol XD

oh and..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POCKY : D~~~~~~!!!!
wait what? why would we wait that long just to play smash? thats dumb.

Also, If the venue can't be available would people be fine with smash @ Naka's then?

D20

Smash Lord
Due to working late, the Penguin game, and traffic, there is no way that I can play today... lame.

D

Deleted member

chris the girl in the middle is hypnotic....

a pittsburgh smash tournament??!

lmao I suck *** @ brawl. Let's do it!

Nakamaru

Smash Master
So anyone know of any melee tournaments coming up? Or will we have to host one again. I'm fine with hosting and helping run something, and i believe taki said he's cool with it as well.

But i'd just like to have another tournament sometime soon.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
your better off running a melee tourney and running some instance of brawl to get ppl to @ least show up and coerce them to play melee. the closest melee thingy would be in NJ which is roughly 6 hrs away. then theres a tourney in philly coming up with a date within the next few weeks as well. thats about it. MD/VA and WV forget about it.

When I get back Im going to host 24 man cap tourneys @ the nightspot. I will have a TV(in case someone can pick me up), a component cable for my HD. I will probly buy another set of components since I have a job now. thats potentially 4 setups for a 24 man weekly tourney hosted @ DUQ. Taki do we have to get OK'd by a comittee to put up flyers @ DUQ? If so i'll probly still put up flyers near the nitespot.

I wanna attract just a consistent crowd (for now to see how thins work)

I would want them to be on saturday @ 2pm-ish and for them to be weekly. Naka/rob since you are like one of the only ones with a car does sat @ 2pm work for u every week(or @ least every other week?). Im only asking because I dont wanna bring a TV on the bus.

EDIT: of course any big event in monaca would out prioritize the holding of one of these.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Tauren, actually.

What ever happened to Ohio? Total Brawl conversion? Or are they just totally unambitious about hosting anymore?
they hold melee and brawl but as predicted melee turnout is dwindling. last time we went there was 17 for melee and i won 100 bucks for 1st.(yay)

brawl was about 30.

as of late I havent heard anything about it. they are a LAN center so they probly have other events and stuffz goin on as well.

IMA HAVE MY COMPUTER TODAY OR TOMM AND IMA PLAY WOW ON IT ALL NIGHT BECAUSE I HAVE NO WORK TOMM OR THURS. ****YEA

takieddine

Smash Master
Yeah Pocky's right, also we wouldn't be able to hold a multi-day tournament.

We should stick to using the Monaca venue it works out very well.

Top Bottom