• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
why someone would choose to associate themselves with boxman is beyond me O_o
that doesnt sound elitist @ all.

@taki
I never said anything about having a multi day tourney @ the nitespot

plz someone tell me the reason why we cant hold small tourneys @ the nitespot. enlighten me, for I have never heard/followed it.

also I AM PRETTY SURE I said that anything conflicting with a monaca tourney would lose priority. So like when monaca doesnt happen we can hold things @ nitespot. Yo unless theres some way we can get the Monaca venue with some consistency I vote that we hold stuff @ nitespot with it(consistency).

EDIT: by small tourneys(stated b4) I mean local. PITT/DUQ/CMU and just ppl in the area(maybe some of the cybercon locals). and maybe someone from ohio or two i dunno. I dont see whats sooo wrong with that(esepcially if I cap it and try to make space reasonable)

pockyD

Smash Legend
that doesnt sound elitist @ all.
if at any point in your life you have thought of me as NOT elitist, then you're a bit slow

plz someone tell me the reason why we cant hold small tourneys @ the nitespot. enlighten me, for I have never heard/followed it.
...because it can get ugly when you have to handle peoples' money in a public place with randoms

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ur stupid

we def held a SMALL tourney quite a few times with ppl giving me their pizza money.

nitespot doesnt care.

i just wanna turn apples to applesauce ya feel me

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
if at any point in your life you have thought of me as NOT elitist, then you're a bit slow

...because it can get ugly when you have to handle peoples' money in a public place with randoms
it only gets ugly if I have 188 plus ppl around a broken lock box. Its a 30(max) tourney with like 5 dollar buyin(ideally) how ugly will it get...enlighten me

D

Deleted member

if you're dumb about it yeah. envelopes ftw?

I've never had any money problems and I've done several tournaments by myself an a couple co-ops.

A-Laon

Smash Master
The fact that people have acquired such a mastery over those five colored buttons only really says to me that those five colored buttons aren't cool anymore. GH3 already killed all the integrity of the series in order to make songs of insane difficulty, and even that's been conquered now. No matter what absurdly overblown and unfun notechart you make with 5 note chords and 45 note-per-second hammer-on sequences, it's just rehashed, unimaginative, and boring now.

Jordan being FC'ed was cooler, because Jordan's actually cool.

/rant

Tim play on Magtheridon. That's where the PvP is ****in' real.

Smash this weekend?

pockyD

Smash Legend
honestly seeing a video of something like GH being played is no more impressive to me than posting a screenshot of their high score

A-Laon

Smash Master
I like Saturday. :)

Taki, I'll make an honest effort to show up, but should I still fail to do so, I'll take you up on that death threat with a good caged-in knife fight.

I believe you've seen my knife...

takieddine

Smash Master
Friday. I'm not sure if the commuter lounge is open on Saturday. (No johns), also i'll have to be there a bit later because of work and such.

Top Bottom