• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

TSK

Smash Apprentice
:\ I'm still working my way through medium difficulty... but it is my first GH game >_>

any advice on moving up to hard?

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
If you can seemlessly read Hard, you are ready to move up to it. That may take a very short or a very long period of time. GH was the 5th rhythm game I have played, so learning to read it was not as hard for me.

I made a reply in the rock smash thread, just so you guys are prepared.

xyt

Smash Lord
If you can seemlessly read Hard, you are ready to move up to it. That may take a very short or a very long period of time. GH was the 5th rhythm game I have played, so learning to read it was not as hard for me.

I made a reply in the rock smash thread, just so you guys are prepared.
link the thread again plz..

A-Laon

Smash Master
:\ I'm still working my way through medium difficulty... but it is my first GH game >_>

any advice on moving up to hard?
You're going to have it a little harder than I did seeing as GHIII is the hardest game in the series (GHIII hard is only a little easier than most of GHII expert, so I'm told).

If moving your hand to reach the orange note troubles you, find a good song or section of one which is easy to follow but uses the orange note, take it to practice, and just keep at it, slowing it at first and then speeding up if you need to. By simply practicing, it will become second nature.

Chords are probably the biggest technical threat that Hard introduces. Find a slow song with plenty of chord switches (or slow down a fast one in practice mode) and just keep trying the passages over and over again so you acquire a feel for the finger positions. Make sure you're comfortable with moving your hand, as this is very critical to hitting the harder chords (though you won't see the really tough stuff 'til expert, ex: GYB to RYO chords).

Otherwise, Volt got it right -- you need to be able to comprehend what's coming at you before you can accomplish anything. Take the parts of songs that you can't seem to follow, slow them down in practice mode, figure out how they work, and with enough experience you'l be able to recognize what's really going on in the crazier sections and will be far more likely to hit them.

Once you can play expert let me know, $50 MM pro face-off you pick the song.

Update: Finally (and by that I mean in a whopping two days) beat Through the Fire and Flames, downstrumming the intro - 332k

TSK

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the tips guys, I tried slowing down a song on hard, practiced a little and managed to get through it on quickplay. I think I'm gonna work some more on medium career though and work on hammer on/pull offs :\

xyt

Smash Lord
People with cars can you please post in regards to this tournament?
who's riding with whom etc.
if i can have a spot in a car that'll be fantastic : D

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yo is there a train that goes up to slippery rock?

not sure if I would spend train money on a small tourney but the turnout seems kinda decent @ least so im considering it for the worst casse scneraio.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Fallin apart? It couldnt be more together...

I have searched for a train, and I have found none.

EDIT: Pgh, get down here! No johns.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about train, but I didnt look for buses. Gopher it.

EDIT: I'm pretty much going to be whoring the boards all week. If you got a question tho, my AIM is butterbiscuts01.

pockyD

Smash Legend
looks like i'll be moving to norcal for good after i graduate in december

enjoy your time with me; i know i'll be enjoying my time with you

p.s. i'm old

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
good times, on to bigger and better things i suppose. lif3 is important...... VLS shall be the last hurrah......

hey to whoever is gonna be around next year, i hope u get cars because i can't have one senior year, its **** near impossible for me.(being far form home and not be able to get a job.).

Renth

Smash Hero
looks like i'll be moving to norcal for good after i graduate in december

enjoy your time with me; i know i'll be enjoying my time with you

p.s. i'm old
your moving to norcal

i'm moving to florida

you should play me very very soon because i'm leaving shortly

A-Laon

Smash Master
what sucks worse is my data gotta erased so not only do i have to do everything again i just get to be pissed off when i get to the slipknot song..

Again
I somehow managed to 5 star it my first time, but I've always been good at weird chord switches.

Practice mode, slower. Then slow. Then **** it.

Top Bottom