• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
oh yeah a community thats just as larger or even larger than the smash community.

shoryuken.com aka SRK

be warned Marvel players despise newbies and they HATE ssbm players. ALOT of them(with some exceptions) are amoungst the meanest muthaf**kers in competitive gaming honestly......just ask around

heres an extreme case.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ty7VUjGiGoA

theres a few guys from pitt who are beasts for real. dudes @ c3 were talkin about them and stuffz and ive seen them in action. they post on shoryuken alot in the regional thread.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Cool thanks, and Ill be sure to not be a nub with these guys. At C3 some of them even looked mean...

EDIT: Also, I will never MM for more than $5

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Cool thanks, and Ill be sure to not be a nub with these guys. At C3 some of them even looked mean...

EDIT: Also, I will never MM for more than $5

haha u'd be interested in the wrong game honestly, they take theat **** serious and the only ppl who play it now are competitive its not like ssbm where u have casual players who are actually good and entertaining to play with, its all bout business when it comes to marvel. If u wanna get into a 2d fighter i;d actually recommand GG or melty blood. Their communities are a bit nicer, but probly a bit more on the weird/creepy side GG players @ least(this is what i hear from dudes @ cmu)

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I like GG, but i cant really get into it. Its just that MvC2 looks like so much fun.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I also never thought that there was a worse community of players than the halo 2/3 community. Marvel has just proven me wrong. I'm glad i never got into that game.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Eh, the online Halo community is just whoever can swear the most before the game starts. But if you mean IRL, then I have no idea. My one friend says he hates Halo fans, but has only met one...and hes 16...

xyt

Smash Lord
i probably won't be at duq tomorrow.
about what time do you think people will be there until????
i don't want neal to get there again at like 4 and nobody be there = /

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Eh, the online Halo community is just whoever can swear the most before the game starts. But if you mean IRL, then I have no idea. My one friend says he hates Halo fans, but has only met one...and hes 16...
If you have ever gone to a tournament. They do the exact same thing as in the lobby to your face there. Very few people will shake your hand after a game to.

A-Laon

Smash Master
How's the GH community IRL?
Seeing as the game is more indirectly competitive (people aspiring moreso to meet their own personal goals instead of surpassing their opponent's ability in a head-to-head competition) it tends to have a far more friendly and casual atmosphere about it. Basically, everybody's really friendly and helpful to one another.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Seeing as the game is more indirectly competitive (people aspiring moreso to meet their own personal goals instead of surpassing their opponent's ability in a head-to-head competition) it tends to have a far more friendly and casual atmosphere about it. Basically, everybody's really friendly and helpful to one another.
Translation-Amazing.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure he is. BTW, Pikachu's new final smash makes him grab a thunderstone, thus evolving him into Raichu. He then 4 stocks everyone.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Not a john for losing, but I have come to the realization that if I have to fight a moderately technical Falco, I lose. General tips? Like, I know I'm supposed to just knock him off the stage. But I can't seem to hit him.

takieddine

Smash Master
peach i think..

the obvious choices for getting falco off the stage are:
dsmash, nair, fair, actually even fsmash near the edge.

But grab more, and CG to good percentages...just try not to get hit by lasers they can keep floaties comboed in the air. :(

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
practice chain grabbing cpu falco(he DI's marth grab so he may DI peach as well)

make ur CG'ing perfect then finish with turnaround Nair(if they DI behind u) or just nair.....u can CG til about 70-ish?or even 80 ish? but its pretty high, u just have to worry about do it form 0-10 its hard to get started. yeah its pretty lame but wtf peach has a hard time against falco.

EDIT: also against spacies Dash attack somtimes knocks them up perfectly and alot of ppl usually Nair but ALOT of the time u can grab and/or regrab(if upthrew > dash attack) peach wants grabs alot of them. if u can mange to float inside of the lazer barrage float cancel fair > grab.....they'll either get out of the way b4 fair hits or hit u first, but in other cases u just wanna get shield stun @ least then the grab is free. either that or they'll eat a fair.

EDIT: u wanna know when u can get on offense and just when to chillin peach is very passive/aggresive sometimes u have to play super D, then other times u have to stay on falco and keep pressure even if they arent combos.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I also need to figure out how to time my shieldgrabs. There were MULTIPLE times where I would shield the aerial, and get hit with a shine when I grabbed. Then I would wait for after the shine, but i'd get hit with the next D-air. Blaaaah

pockyD

Smash Legend
nair out of shield

fc nairs, dash attacks when he's coming down in front of you (dd if he's coming up on top of you and have time)

and just more nairs in general; ties with most of his stuff... bairs are good too but if you get hit by lasers you can't do them

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
@ Matt -- *Falcon taunts* "there it goes agan! what the f.uck was that?!" lol... good times
That was the best time I had playing Smash ever, period.

"I don't even know what this game is, who is Zelfa?" *Proceed with 3 stock humiliation with paused and zoomed in taunts*

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys, ill keep that in mind. The other problem I have is that I have no good falcos to practice that stuff on. I'm surprised that I didn't see any marths there at all. I was sort of expecting to play against at least one.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I would really like to do that. Like, I think playing an hour of yours on another of pgh's falcos will help me get over my "fear" of them. Heh, im not asking anyone to do that tho.

Top Bottom