• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

takieddine

Smash Master
Do you have transportation but dont know where to go, or vice versa?

btw, if you're anywhere close to downtown call me up, i'd like to play if you have time.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Do you have transportation but dont know where to go, or vice versa?

btw, if you're anywhere close to downtown call me up, i'd like to play if you have time.
I can get to the city, and I know how to get there (though Ive never been), but I dont technically have any way to get there beyond being dropped off.

Actually, anyone wanna play/have me over for the weekend? Then I could chill for a couple of days AND see tmbg!

Though that might be asking too much :dizzy:

D20

Smash Lord
Turns out I'm busy today afterall. Monday and Wednesday I'll be free after 2. Taki, TSK, Matt, and I will probably be at the Nitespot if anyone wants to stop by.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Wheres it at?

EDIT: I have a car at school, so I might come down tomorrow, depending on how long you guys play. I have a Wii with component cables I can bring, too.

sweetooth

Smash Ace
change of plans guys... i got called in early for work so i wont be able to make it. ill check back wth you guys when i get off and if someone is still there then i will come

D20

Smash Lord
More details... Pittsburgh specific.

PS - Gizmo is so cute.

PSS - I 2-stocked Taki's Fox with Young Link.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Pocky and I just missed making it out of the first round of pools. Tim made it to brackets, and I can't remember what happened to him exactly besides losing to Scar in the losers bracket.

PS Darc is the most amazingest jiggs ever.

EDIT:
PS - Gizmo is so cute.
I know, right!?

Also, I lost to a young link in brackets. Laijin was his name and he was pretty good, but I know I should've beaten him if I had been playing with you more often, I just forgot the matchup :(

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
So quick thing here...

CAN ANYONE DO HOUSING THIS WEEKEND?

It would make my life 50 times easier if I could stay with a smasher friday and saturday :(

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
singles results arent out yet, taki but this is what i did

2nd seed pools round 1
pool 1
chillin(lost)
copycat(win)
cloudz(win)
pbnj(win)
rhyme(win)
pine(win)
stew(win)
(easy pool)

3rd seed pools round 2
chinesah(win)
pkmvodka(2nd best in canada)(lost)
Vanz(win)
scissors(win)
Kel(win)
Starzonedge(lost)
Doyoung2win(win)

in bracket
-beat inui
-defeated by Cort
-beat BAM(DQ)
-deafeated by Scar

i probly placed like 25th or something but i didnt bother asking

honestly im happy i made the bracket, because i thought I wasnt gonna make it early in round 2 of pools plus scar was playing rly well all weekend. He just out played me no johns because the second day I was playing @ about my A game, not the A+ game tho. first day i played ****ty, rely badly like my chillin lvl was pretty low but luckily mikey lenetia didnt even show so my pool was easier

EDIT:

money match results( i mostly did fox dittos and i didnt get in as many mm as i wanted). what happened was i faced alot of ppl i wanted to mm in pools anyways.

mm with Elen (fox dittos) -2$
revenge mm with elen (fox dittos) +2$
mm with colbol (fox dittos) -1$
mm with scissors(pika vs fox) +2$
mm with sensei (falcon vs fox) +5$

didnt get in as many as i wanted but i @ least made it on plus side XD

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
congratulations Swift
its no biggie just posting what i did. In all actuality the only things i consider accomplishments are the MM i won and perhaps beating chinesah in fox dittos, then again alot of ppl beat him that day so...all of the other matches are what i expected to win.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Swift is very good, I was surprised.

How was playing Philly (scissors) versus playing me, swift?

Also, I wish I could find somewhere to staaaaay in PA. I wish I knew more people here x_x

pockyD

Smash Legend
you have to realize that asking for 2 nights housing is essentially asking someone to spend the weekend with you

edit: whoops accidently hit submit and that may have sounded malicious

point being some people have things to do and don't want their weekend to be tied up like that

i can house you friday night if you'd like but you're not going to be able to hang around to saturday night -_-

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
you have to realize that asking for 2 nights housing is essentially asking someone to spend the weekend with you
I do! I've done the same for many smashers back home, including entire crews. One time at 3 am, I was sleeping with jazzness in a basement when the door opened up the stairwell, there was a weird pause, and then "...is Zig Zag down there?" Then walks in Darkrain's entire crew who got there like a day early.

It's not that I want to push myself on anyone, nor do I not understand the amount of gratitude that kind of thing calls for. But having stayed many nights with other smashers and visa versa, I no longer am phased by the prospect of asking.

Though maybe it's just a midwest thing.

pockyD

Smash Legend
well i dunno, i've housed people during tourneys and whatnot

never thought people would want to spend multiple days on a random visit though -_-

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i was just about to mention something about that. philly made alot of good reads on my tech patterns and his pika is pretty tight. he took a game of me in most of our sets.

He is more patient than u @ times but ur edge- guarding and comboing is better. philly has alot of tricks and knows how to get grabs off(i banned FD). Honestly i wouldve lost to him in MM and pools if I hadn't faced you b4. Its a close call but I think yours is more consistent. I talked to n64 about you as well,(urs and his pika) he said that its a tough call as to whose pika is better, he was pretty humble.

Top Bottom