• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
Swift, you should ride with me and Volt, if he is driving

POST 4,000 ---- in the thread.
I thought I went to bed too early, and I was right...I was planning to ninja the 4000th post:lick:

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Ok, im driving. On the count of I needed an excuse to come home. And I couldn't come home w/o a plan of getting to OH so now im driving. Switch, ur sig fails hardcore =P. We can pick you up at the nitespot. Dunno what time though. I have slow internet, so going back a page is fatal. What time was Matt planning on leaving Duquesne?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I can fit 3 other people, but its a Cavalier, so 3 COULD be stuffy. Anyways, if Pocky and Wes need a ride, I can take them too. Gas money is not required, but greatly appreciated.

Cavalier status:
9Volt
Switch
Swiftbass?

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Yes you can.

Cavalier stats:
9Volt
Switch
Taki
Swiftbass?

1 spot left. Oh, and just so you know. I'm sure I'll be drilling you guys on counterpicks/stages on the way there. Lack of tourney experience is going on with us.

EDIT: I'm at the library, so interwebs arn't slow. I like Matt's idea of leaving Duquesne at 10:30AM, so i'm goin with that too.

EDIT2: My cell # is 724-317-6732. If something happens, call me.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Yes. Yes you can.

Cavalier stats:
9Volt
Switch
Taki
Swiftbass?

1 spot left. Oh, and just so you know. I'm sure I'll be drilling you guys on counterpicks/stages on the way there. Lack of tourney experience is going on with us.

EDIT: I'm at the library, so interwebs arn't slow. I like Matt's idea of leaving Duquesne at 10:30AM, so i'm goin with that too.

EDIT2: My cell # is 724-317-6732. If something happens, call me.

Way to take initiative and get another car going, Pittsburgh is going to blow up Ohio son.

POST 4,000 ---- in the thread.

Who wants to go to Dequense tomorrow and When!?

I will be there Renth whenever you and Naka decide to come, I have little to no homework so its all good. Just give me a call and I'll go down there, either that or post it here. I have class till 3:00pm but I could be out early because I have a test in Calc 2 and quite honestly its a breeze.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah i guess i'd take you up on that since wes is still being an indecisive biatch (wes if you make up your mind asap)

where do you live? i could probably bring tim and/or taki to some place close to you assuming you're north and/or west of us; i don't remember if i've said this (too many pages) but the reason i didn't commit to driving in the first place is because my car is far too small

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, mines kinda small too, but its worth it for smash, imo.

Cavalier status:
9Volt
Switch
Taki
PockyD
Swiftbass?

5/5 spots full if/when i get a 100% for sure answer from Tim.

I live here:
104 Vernon Ave
Belle Vernon PA 15012

i'm about 50 mins south of Duquesne. (spelled way wrong)

@Taki, don't feel bad. I had a test this morning at 8AM, and I stay up until 2 AM playing smash with Dac.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Also, passengers, wanna compile some music? I dunno what you guys like. But my mp3 player is composed of mostly progressive/trance and eurobeat. Also abit of J-rock, the Beatmania IIDX soundtrack (All games), a small portion of guilty gear. The rest is random stuff.

If you aren't into listening to that for 2ish hours, bring somthing, a CD, anything. I'm very open when it comes to radio control in my car.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Switch helped too.

Anyway, Cavalier status:
9Volt
Switch
Swiftbass
PockyD
Taki?

Taki said he had tests, so I dont want to be an *** and commit him just yet.

Like I said, bring some tunes! Gas money not required but is greatly appreciated. Lastly, is the Nitespot a good place to pick you guys up?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
volt will u be @ duq tomm to talk details? if not what time on sat should we meet?

we must share music @ somepoint i need trance, i hve alot of j-music but into trance and techno now......

dead-aim

Smash Cadet
just wanted say i had a ton of fun playing you guys on wednesday, especially swift and Renths. ggs

i should be a duquesne but i think i am going to go see resident evil. If i am not there see you guys at the tounament

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I can't make it to duquesne today. I'll be getting home after 7. Which Gets me to duquesne about an hour after that.

Important car things!
I will be arriving at the Duquesne union at/around 10:20 AM. We will be leaving once everyone is here and
in the car. If there is a problem, you are somehow lost, injured, maimed, or anything else that may delay your arrival to the Duquesne union, my # again is 724-317-6732. Seating arrangements will need to be figured out. Its a small car, you see. Gas money not required, but greatly appreciated. If you don't want to listen to Trance/Eurobeat/J-Rock/other random things for 2 hours, bring music. If you're hot/cold/sick/etc. Tell me and I will accommodate. Less important car things: Ignore the dent in the front. I'm not a bad driver, I didn't wreck, my dad backed into my car while it was parked in the driveway. >_>

Trance artists I have going on:

Armin Van Burren
Above & Beyond
Gabriel & Dresden
DJ Tiesto
Marcel Woods
Cosmic Gate
Andy Moor
Mauro Picotto
Skankfunk (Did the whole Air Gear soundtrack, which has some real good techno on it)

I'll only give you eurobeat if you request it, 'cause I know some people really hate it.

You want anything spacific? Or I'll just burn u a DVD of my favorites, k?
Naka, u want one too?
Anyone else?

This guy, I met on facebook, his name is Ahmed Safwat. hes an amateur DJ, you can download 1 of his sets here, its pretty good:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/87b4f0/

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Ohio Info for my Car:

Seeing as I will not be there today either heres what is up:

I will be at the bookstore side of the Duquesne Union Building (it is the side where people are allowed to drive and park, not the Academic Walkway side) around 10:15/10:20 (Alan this is the same place Rob picks you up so skip the directions nubsauce) . Here are some brief directions on how to get there once you see Duquesne.

Once you are on Forbes Avenue, if Duquesne is coming up on your RIGHT you are going to make a right turn at the "Duquesne University" sign (which is the first turn you can make onto the campus) and just follow that street until you are outside the Union Building/Bookstore (there is a library and parking garage on the left side of this street, if that helps assure that you are in the right place).
If you are coming on whatever street runs parallel to Forbes seeing as Forbes is a One Way, go all the way down to Grant Street, make a left onto Grant, then make a left onto Forbes and follow the above directions.

We will departing once everyone arrives, but please be there early enough so that we can leave at 10:30. If anything comes up where you are going to be late call me at 412-651-4361 (<my number for like the 100th time in this thread). There is plenty of trunk space in the car, so you can put your stuff back there. I think thats it, if you have any questions call me. Oh unlike Volt's car music is my choice, I'm the driver after all :chuckle:.

Alan, can you see if you can get picked up at Duquesne if we bring you back there, if not don't worry about it I will drive you home, I just wanted to see if it was possible.

Aright see you all tomorrow.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
So they just "confirmed" Snake on the Brawl website, and they also showed his entire special moveset, and it sorta makes him look like a cross between YL and Peach...idk.

Edit: This brings the playable character count up to 20, I wonder how many more they are going to do because Sakurai said when they started developing Brawl that he was upset by Melee's Quantity>Quality, and he wanted Brawl to change that.

pockyD

Smash Legend
this guy still thinks a campy fox is at worst even against marth

edit: also i'm insanely tired of work so i might just duck out early today lol

A-Laon

Smash Master
Rob you need to share with me the secrets of finding that perfect one (or twenty).

Matt -- I'll probably be able to get a ride from Duq. I'll know for sure once I have an idea when we'll be getting back. No emo music or I'll call it off, however.

I love everyone.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
did anyone see taki tonite? if so, is he comin? Also, for the 10 v 10 crew battle, do we have to all play a different character?

Top Bottom