• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official PIT Adoration Topic

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Pit is going to be an interesting character. Not much to say since hes confirmed except how good and what moves he will have.

Looks like a quick one, might be floaty with the wings.

Consider him and MK a formidable opponent.. Though for some reason I picture Pit, Meta, and Snake as the characters that little nubbie kids will use to try and be cool.

-Onyx

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Pit is going to be an interesting character. Not much to say since hes confirmed except how good and what moves he will have.

Looks like a quick one, might be floaty with the wings.

Consider him and MK a formidable opponent.. Though for some reason I picture Pit, Meta, and Snake as the characters that little nubbie kids will use to try and be cool.

-Onyx
n00b abuse...my thoughts exactly...
I will abuse MK for a short time for I wanted him SO BAD in melee I could've cried. BUt I will control myself and move on to others...

After 5 years lol
jk

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Pit will be the first or second character that I try out; it's a toss-up between Pit and Peach. Either way, I'll be maining both of them. =)

I'm really excited for his FS because it's such a throwback to the original game. Kudos to Kunitsuna for (essentially) predicting it spot-on! I doubt that we'll get another update for Pit's other two special moves, but I sure hope that we do.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
I hope so too. Pit will definitely be the first character that I will try out. Who knows we might get a demo for Brawl to download when its close to the release date.

Cinder

Smash Master
I hope so too. Pit will definitely be the first character that I will try out. Who knows we might get a demo for Brawl to download when its close to the release date.
Yeah, hopefully we'll get a demo...

And I am definately gonna main Pit...unless he's horribly screwed up, in which case Sakurai's going to pass away mysteriously in a forthcoming night *prepares poison*:evil:

Ohhh, I can't wait...*Pitgasm*

IceClimbersUser1

Smash Cadet
Pit is going to kick some major butt! I plan to have him as my best charcter too! Sux that his final Smash is just meh.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Pit is going to kick some major butt! I plan to have him as my best charcter too! Sux that his final Smash is just meh.
My thoughts exactly. Pit looks freaking awesome right now, with a projectile, multiple jumps, gliding and it looks like he moves pretty fast. Plus he's just plain stylish with his outfit and two sword thing going on.

But dang if his Final Smash isn't the most unimpressive one I've seen so far. They could've at least spruced up the centurions, they look so dorky. :ohwell:

Doesn't matter though, I've made up my mind I'll play Pit whether he ends up being the best character or the worst! Of course I said that about Mewtwo when Melee came out! :psycho:

ChronosMagnum

Smash Apprentice
I think one possible downside is that if Pit would be easily comboed.. But anything with wings is a plus to me:joyful:<----best.smile.ever.

Topaz989

Smash Cadet
Pit looks like a blast to play. Plus, he gets introduced into Subspace Emissary early :D

Flea

Smash Rookie
Doesn't matter though, I've made up my mind I'll play Pit whether he ends up being the best character or the worst! Of course I said that about Mewtwo when Melee came out! :psycho:
Well, to a certain extent, even the "crappy" characters you can make good with enough practice and strategy/tactics. I don't expect Pit to be "crappy" but even if he is "crappy" with enough practice you could be really good with him.

I'm having trouble deciding between Pit and Ike to play. I played Marth in SSB:M and enjoyed him an awful lot, so naturally Ike is tempting. But when I saw Pit for the first time I fell in love. (In a heterosexual way. ;))

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pit will never get a new game unless he show him more love...C'mon people!!!

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Well, to a certain extent, even the "crappy" characters you can make good with enough practice and strategy/tactics. I don't expect Pit to be "crappy" but even if he is "crappy" with enough practice you could be really good with him.
Definitely, all signs point to Pit being awesome, I doubt he'll be bad at all, but hey anything could happen right. ;)

I want to know his other two moves already! I'm guessing that his side B will be either Harp or Mallet and his down B will be the Mirror Shield (He got that in the NES game right? I have it on my Wii, but havn't got past the third level, it's so hard!).

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I'm frightened out of my wits by Pit. Long distance Attacks+Flight+Rapid Multi-hit attacks...

CURSE YOU PROBABLY-GOING-TO-BE-TOP-TIER PIIIITTT!!!!!

*shakes fist menacingly.*

Topaz989

Smash Cadet
Definitely, all signs point to Pit being awesome, I doubt he'll be bad at all, but hey anything could happen right. ;)

I want to know his other two moves already! I'm guessing that his side B will be either Harp or Mallet and his down B will be the Mirror Shield (He got that in the NES game right? I have it on my Wii, but havn't got past the third level, it's so hard!).

There's only one sign that proves that Pit will not be crappy in Smash:

Nintendo: Ah Sakurai... we are thinking of making a DS or Wii sequel. Get them kiddies excited on Pit as possible.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
There's only one sign that proves that Pit will not be crappy in Smash:

Nintendo: Ah Sakurai... we are thinking of making a DS or Wii sequel. Get them kiddies excited on Pit as possible.
Well, I wouldn't get your hopes up...Pit was supposed to be in the original Smash but he wasn't familiar enough with American audiences. The probably just included him now because the demand was very high.

Plus, many gamers are scared away from Kid Icarus due to its intense difficulty, which means people may not be interested in a sequel.

BUT...I would LOVE to see a sequel for Wii. Maybe something like what Metroid Prime did for the Metroid franchise?

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Well, I wouldn't get your hopes up...Pit was supposed to be in the original Smash but he wasn't familiar enough with American audiences. The probably just included him now because the demand was very high.
Are you sure about that, cause the original Smash Bros originally wasn't going to be released outside of Japan, they only decided to when it sold like hotcakes. Ness was in it too and he probably wasn't very well known outside of Japan either.

But yeah, a new Kid Icarus game would be really good. Nintendo needs something fresh and new to work on. It'd be really awesome if they kept the RPG elements and made it into a 3D action game like Zelda.

Oh well, I'm off to try and get through the original Kid Icarus before Brawl comes out. I doubt I can do it. :urg:

Flea

Smash Rookie
To be completely honest, I didn't know who Pit was before I saw the trophy in SSB:M. I read the trohpy's description several times and thought he might be an interesting character, but when he showed up on Smash Bros. Dojo I was pretty excited cause he immediately caught my attention. Since then I've started playing the original Kid Icarus and finding out as much about Pit as I can.

So, I don't think that a character necessarily needs to be well-known to release them in a game like this. It's because Pit's being released that my attention is being grabbed. I guarantee that if he weren't going to be in this game, I'd never have played Kid Icarus on my own.

I'd love to see a sequel too for the Wii or DS. (Preferrably the Wii, of course) and I was thinking sorta the same thing, a Zelda feel. Thid person adventure feel. I think it'd be amazing!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The fB DOES seem to last a bit too long...

And what the heck is his dB? No one knows! =/

Flatfeet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flatfeet
Seeing his Final Smash against Yoshi in one of the gameplay videos, it seems it'll be more effective in a FFA brawl, where the centurions are bound to hit someone, as they seem a little inaccurate when against just one other foe.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I agree, the Forward B lasts way to long, and doesnt look very effective unless u got him against a wall...

Yeah also agree with flatfeet cause seriously when ur up against super fast characters ala sonic the angel dudes will barely hit the enemy...

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Yeah also agree with flatfeet cause seriously when ur up against super fast characters ala sonic the angel dudes will barely hit the enemy...
Are you kidding? I doubt the fastest character in the game will be able to dodge a hundred or so centurions diving down from all directions.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yeah I agree, the Forward B lasts way to long, and doesnt look very effective unless u got him against a wall...

If one could grab his or her opponent, though, then Pit's FS has 100% accuracy (or at least in theory). ;)

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
Pit is awesome. I've vowed that as of now, he is going to be the first character I play as in Brawl. It is truely a big decision. I played as Sheik during my first Melee match, and now Sheik is my top character.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
It looks as though you can hold the B button on his forward B and it lasts longer. At least it lasts different amounts of time in the Norfair video.

His Up B looks cool, he really can fly around the stage, that's going to be fun.

I hope his down B is something interesting.

Topaz989

Smash Cadet
After watching the gameplay, Pit looks a little tricky. But that's okay (that didn't stop people from mastering Ivy from SC). To me, his FS went from... so so to "Edge killer". Let's face it, Yoshi may have dodge the first barrage, but did you see the second one where he practically killed any chance of Yoshi getting back on screen. So imagine someone using that devil slide thing... and then you hit them all with the centurions!

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
After watching the gameplay, Pit looks a little tricky. But that's okay (that didn't stop people from mastering Ivy from SC). To me, his FS went from... so so to "Edge killer". Let's face it, Yoshi may have dodge the first barrage, but did you see the second one where he practically killed any chance of Yoshi getting back on screen. So imagine someone using that devil slide thing... and then you hit them all with the centurions!
that's pretty nice dude.

I'm sure that on yje 18th we'll get some major pit info as some of our dear bloggers go to E for all just to test out the characters knicks and knacks.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
Pit's down+b is the Mirror Shield!!

Check out the ign video of Delfino Plaza at around 00:40 secs and you'll see it! :D

BTW, You'll also notice the metal sound when he uses it.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
No, that item is in Kid Icarus, you just use it in the last level though.
yeah, Mirror Sheild was one of the 3 treasures you had to get in the Kid Icarus game, the others being Light Arrows (Palutena's Arrow), and Pegasus Wings (Wings of Icarus). As you can see, the other 2 treasures were incorporated (kinda), making Mirror Sheild a easy to guess (and aparently it is in, as you can see in the Delfino Plaza Demo video 00:42-00:43)

Top Bottom