• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Wait I know what it will be, or at least ONE of them. The confirmation of team online, like in Mario Strikers Charged.

I just went to the Dojo just now to let stuff load up, and read the notice again, and then thought about what that guy said about "plan to resume"... and then thought about that other person's sig was all "uuuurrrrrrrrrrrggghh sorry I'm updating I'm drunk". :p

So we may have a late update tonight..... XD
"Urrrrgh sorry ppeepulz I still have a bad hangover from New Years...... no update tonight, sawwie. Sayonara."

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
Really? You didn't? You obviously don't know Sakurai, lol.

Also, if you haven't already, I am in dire need of all of your help. I have a thread going on the general Brawl Discussion boards about the possibility of a Competitive Brawl Podcast. Please go to the thread and comment. I need all the advice I can get!
yeah sorry, i am sure all of you sit down and drink tea with sakurai, my freakin bad lol

and i think i already posted and made fun of you on that thread, but i will go on there again and post advice

Azureclipse

Smash Cadet
Any of the following:

Newcomer: Geno, Megaman, or some other third party
Veteran: Any unconfirmed Melee character :x
How to Play: Falling Down
Subspace Emissary Video: Samus begins her mission
Game Modes: Boss Rush/Gauntlet/whatever you wanna call it
Stage: Sonic Stage, Second Zelda Stage
Assist Trophy: Somebody from a game or series not represented in Brawl yet
Pokeball: Kyogre, Lati@s, Torchic, or any other demo Pokemon without an update
Item: Lighting Bolt or Spring
Music: A piece of Mario music
Notice: US Commercials

Hah, now I can't be wrong on which type of update it is :laugh:

Hoshika-Pichu

Smash Rookie
I'd guess that we'll be getting a Music and/or character info update tommorow, but what I really want is more Subspace Emissary...

Hoshika-Pichu

Smash Rookie
Hoping for a New SSE update, I am hoping to find out about Link, or ICs and MK

I wouldn't mind a music update, but I don't think they are good enough to start the week off

Or a new stage, and the longshot of a newcomer/veteran
EXACTLY, those guys and Nana have been just scratching at me with the claws of you-dunno-yet. @_@

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping for Micaiah, but I have a feeling it's Captain Falcon. A little Falcon Punch is a good way to kick off the New Year.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
There's only 26 more updates to go though. They have to kick it into high gear now. There's no way they'll end it off with a ton of more useless fillers. Fillers imply that they pushed back all the good updates. If the original release date hadn't have been pushed back, we would have definitely not seen the same updates we've seen followed by the game's release. It was clearly to take up the extra space, and eventually they've gotta get back on track and unload the rest of the really good updates. Tonight's update has to be big. If it's not, that would mean that Sakurai deliberately planned on having an amazing start to the updates, and then just have it die down until nobody cares anymore which wouldn't make sense at all from a business standpoint. The dojo has to go out with a bang!

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
Certainly haven't been around here in quite a while. Since we're only 35 days away from release, I'll just guess Dr. Mario all the way up until the release date, however small the odds may be. :D

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I guess Hippochinfat is just being sarcastic as we already had that update twice(4kinds of special moves and the "official" MK special move update).

SonicMario

Smash Master
Something not totally failure. But at least Decent or more. It is the 1st update of 2008, therefore it must be something worth waiting for.

Too bad I can't stay up for it. Winter Break is over for me :urg:

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I predict a double update. A Geno assist trophy. And Mega Man as the other 3rd party character.
Followed by a video.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I predict a double update. A Geno assist trophy. And Mega Man as the other 3rd party character.
Followed by a video.
But that's 3. O.o; Triple.... triple is good. Like those triple sundae things. And today happens to be Sunday. Hmm.

One thing I thought of that could be a How To Play update is Generic Smash Attacks, like Mario's dsmash, Pit's Upsmash and BOWSER'S FSMASH.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Haha Geno as an AT, silly kids and their drugs.

Ahem anyways, if there's a newcomer it will either Geno, Ridley, Capt Olimar or Krystal. Although I'm also expecting the return of Capt Falcon.

Dubyah8r

Smash Journeyman
*******, GA (yes that really the name of the city,
Captain Falcon Final Smash... don't announce him, just his final smash. I want to hear someone on this board say "Maybe only his final smash is in the game..." ****...

or maybe the underground of castle siege
"What’s the underground like? You can look forward to finding out later."

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I hope it's a new character, the start of revealing the unlockables. I don't know who it would be, but I predict that the updates would not suck as much from now on.

Top Bottom