• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Dragoon is from Kirby's Air Ride, the game that ironically cause Sakurai to ditch Nintendo.
Oh, okay, thanks now i know where this is from.

Now, from Jan 7, to Feb 8 (Last friday before release, which is in a sunday) theres 25 weekdays, meaning only 25 more times to see updates, the number is getting small to still have had not a Falcon update :pPPP But seriously, only 25 more updates(might be doubles or so) then they might keep updating after realease.

Oh the wait, the wait...

Eagle

Smash Lord

Hey look! They bothered to remove channels but kept the Mii Channel!

Maybe Mii's are involved in a big way in Brawl. ;D

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Wow, Sakurai, wow.

A break is understandable, really... but the lack of character updates... it really is starting to sadden me now. If he knew he had this break why couldn't he have at least shown us one character?

I'm taking down my roster size predictions to 35 max. What a shame. This game has been worked on for so long. :ohwell:

Luigi player

Smash Master
The update was just fine. Didn't see the notice at the top at first though...

Oh well, I can survive one week without updates... It's just one week, and they deserve a break.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Lol yeah, I'm from GameFaqs, and a guy posted what he called 'insider info'. He said some things that many people already assumed, but then he said that in the game there would be dragoon parts that have 3 different items that can be put together. No one believed him of course, and then he said when the Dragoon was updated he would be having the last laugh. Even though I can't confirm it, according to others he also said the following:
1. Olimar playable
2. Wolf playable
3. Lucario replacing Mewtwo

Again, I can't personally confirm this, but I sure wish I could...

P.S. I doubt it, but he may of just been lucky, even with something as unexpected as the Dragoon
Mewtwo replaced by Lucario? He's wrong, he just got a lucky guess

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Maybe he has already shown us all the characters???
I hope to god not.
That's not possible. He's confirmed that there are unlockable characters that haven't been shown... but I don't think there will be as many as I had originally hoped for.

There is no excuse to not have shown us at least one character. :ohwell:

cswright

Smash Apprentice
Maybe he has already shown us all the characters???
I hope to god not.
no no there HAS to be some secret ones, and no way he's showed them, these are our starters and there may even be a couple starters we dont know about yet (vets)....i'm optimistic still

Dungeon_Man

Smash Rookie
K a guy on GameFaqs named Pharrox posted this:

So I searched my notes...I can't believe I actually have this:

Ok, I'm not trying to get attention here or anything, but I've got some insider news.

I can't give proof, and if I could I wouldn't. I thought it was bull until Monday.

I was told there was a stage creator. So far, this news has been correct. So check this out...

He said Wolf was in the game. (I don't even like Wolf, so I don't care.)

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Captain Falcon is returning.

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.

Ness is returning.

Zelda can turn into Sheik.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

Oh and Final Destination is back.

I wish there was more info squeezed out, but there wasn't. If you don't want to believe, don't. I know there's a lot more to be revealed besides this anyway. Let time prove it, as it has begun to.

It's probably fake if he admitted it...still, that's one great guess.

To my knowledge that's what the guy said around 2 months ago(bold is insider (?) itallics are Pharrox)

But yeah, take it however you want, whether INCREDIBLY lucky guess, or insider.

EDIT: Guy on GFaqs posted link to a topic about it on this board:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=133207

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Where on vacation could he be going where he would have no access to a computer?

All he had to do was type up some updates beforehand, and then every day, just post it on the site.

I hope he's just using this as a break so that when he comes back, he can stop juicing the starting game for updates and move on to the fresh, ripe, unlockable stuff.

Psychoace

Smash Champion

Ok, I'm not trying to get attention here or anything, but I've got some insider news.

I can't give proof, and if I could I wouldn't. I thought it was bull until Monday.

I was told there was a stage creator. So far, this news has been correct. So check this out...

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Ness is returning.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

I wish there was more info squeezed out, but there wasn't. If you don't want to believe, don't. I know there's a lot more to be revealed besides this anyway. Let time prove it, as it has begun to.

To my knowledge that's what the guy said around 2 months ago(bold is insider (?) itallics are Pharrox)

You could have at least given a link for proof of his post.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Oh, okay, thanks now i know where this is from.

Now, from Jan 7, to Feb 8 (Last friday before release, which is in a sunday) theres 25 weekdays, meaning only 25 more times to see updates, the number is getting small to still have had not a Falcon update :pPPP But seriously, only 25 more updates(might be doubles or so) then they might keep updating after realease.

Oh the wait, the wait...
Except, of course, for the fact that the game comes out on January 24th in Japan.

And Sakurai has said on record he probably won't be updating unlockable info until the game is released. So that means after Japanese, and probably American launch, there'll still be updates. Who knows how long afterwards though.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
We're getting a Dojo update-less week, then I'm sure Sakurai will update the SH*T out of us until January 24th. After that, I imagine that it would be futile to try to hide much, so he might just finish everything off before December 3rd.

And when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING. Characters and all.

worldjem7

Smash Ace

Pharrox said:
POSTED DECEMBER 12, 2007

I was told there was a stage creator(true). So far, this news has been correct. So check this out...

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Ness is returning.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" (true) I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

By how Specific That prediction was at at the time of its prediction (late october-ish) I'd have to say it's either real or a really really good guess. Either way I'm not going to get my hopes up. If all this is true then hooray.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Ness is returning.

y'know, I partially believe that guy, except for one thing:
there is no possible way lucario is replacing mewtwo. There is no way that boring, generic, not-even-a-legendary pokemon could replace one of the most recognisable and famous pokemon of all time.

If that is right, I'm going to sink japan. but luckily, the guy was most likely misinformed. There is no way anyone could be that stupid ^_^

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
y'know, I partially believe that guy, except for one thing:
there is no possible way lucario is replacing mewtwo. There is no way that boring, generic, not-even-a-legendary pokemon could replace one of the most recognisable and famous pokemon of all time.

If that is right, I'm going to sink japan. but luckily, the guy was most likely misinformed. There is no way anyone could be that stupid ^_^
QFT

But I think Geno is gonna blow up Japan :chuckle:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
"Lucario replaces Mewtwo" is just a simplified way of saying "Lucario is in, Mewtwo is out". It doesn't mean anything about them having similar moves.
Then why did they say "Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place."? Why didn't they just say Lucario is in?

Del Money

Smash Champion
There is no way anyone could be that stupid ^_^
Should Mega Man truly be deconfirmed from the Brawl roster come January 24th, you might have to reword that and direct it to the Brawl development team.

Speaking of which, the prediction left out the most controversial characters...i.e. the 3rd parties. The fact that he didn't make any more claims on 3rd parties leads me to believe that he might not be full of **** after all. In that case, Ness returning would throw a nail in the "eliminate the clones" theory...well maybe not entirely, but I guess Lucas would be a "luigi-fied" clone of Ness. As for Lucario replacing Mewtwo...WTF?!?!?!*ONE*!1!11?*INQUIRY*?!!?!

M.K

Level 55
It's fake, I mean, seriously ANYONE could guess how the Dragoon works if you've played Kirby Air Ride. What ELSE would it do?

Also, the other things (Falcon, Sheik, Ganondorf) are obviously true, so he really isn't "predicting" anything. The Lucas/Ness thing is just wrong, as is the Mewtwo/Lucario thing.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I doubt Ness' return strongly too, but the whole Lucas being a luigi-fied clone of Ness isn't too far off. The Mewtwo/Lucario thing is my only source of doubt....and maybe the mention of Wolf, but no mention of Krystal. Plus you'd think someone who was THAT interested in the Brawl roster would try to squeeze out 3rd party info...ya know, since it's like 20 times more controversial.

Sage of Pwnage

Smash Apprentice
well I'm taking a brake from the board I'm going to watch my favorite thing this time of year...COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL GAMES!!! Yeah how bout you noobs post some boards on that topic. In my opinion, this would be great discussion!!!

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
It's fake, I mean, seriously ANYONE could guess how the Dragoon works if you've played Kirby Air Ride. What ELSE would it do?

Also, the other things (Falcon, Sheik, Ganondorf) are obviously true, so he really isn't "predicting" anything. The Lucas/Ness thing is just wrong, as is the Mewtwo/Lucario thing.
Seems to me only one person did.

And he guessed it exactly..

You have some weird logic.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Dangit!! So much for Christmas and New Years character updates. Grrrr it burns me up when my prophecies don't come to past! Oh well, I guess we wait for next year for some good updates.

Top Bottom