• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

YoungGanondorf

Smash Rookie
Check this out:
"But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway."
Seems like he's not going to reveal all the characters before the game comes out.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Why is everyone complaining? I thought this update gives up plenty of info. For examples the unlockables would be appearing in SE.

Azariel

Smash Rookie
This update only made me think of further questions. For instance, when it says items are decided by lottery, what does it mean? That you vote for ALL ITEMS ON or ALL ITEMS OFF. Does it mean you get a complete of every item and everyone is given the choice of whether they want a specific item on or a specific item off, with a vote for every item. Or are all items turned on and you are given a veto, in which you select one item to turn off. It seems very unclear to me but i personally hope you get to vote on every item so that those who want no items can vote all of them off. Or if u prefer no items except smash balls you can choose that. Or possibly all items could be left on. Also no clear speculation as to game type was made. Are all of the matches time? is it impossible to select the beloved stock matches? Are 1v1 matches not going to exist. This update answer a few questions but in my opinion it opened the door for many more. I only hope that stock and 1v1 matches are selectable. If not.......I guess i better meet some more friends that have a wii =/

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
He's dumb for thinking people don't want to know who they are playing against, period. More over, not having rooms, or being able to set a time limit it outrageous. I was hoping Nintendo and Sakurai would being their A game for Smash but I guess I'm gonna be picking up a PS3 (Street Fighter 4).
Hmm... are you ever satified with anything I wonder?

It is, what it is. Random is what it suppose to be, random. And as popular as Brawl will more then likely be, Nintendo is being more secertive with their random mode then usual. It's just something you have to deal with, world doesn't play fair.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
SONIC NEXT GEN wdf are u on drugs dude? seriously? this game will surpass every game out there on the market wen its released.. guaranteed dude
What he said. Brawl will be so popular, that it's going to be officially be released in the afterlife as well. Yup, that popular.:cool:

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Not everyone cares. I don't, for one. Random Brawl is just what it is, a Brawl with random people from anywhere, and I'd get a kick out of that, personally.
Dude, if there were rooms, you could play 2 min time matches, with what ever items you want. Everyone gets to play their way, I get to play my way, you get to play your way. Not having rooms was a mistake. And although I don't know you, and you say you "don't care".

I would imagine you'd rather get to chose EXACTLY what stage, items, time/stock you'd want to play with rather then have a set time limit, always play against 3 other people and not really pick anything. I mean, I can sort of understand the ranking system thing... sort of, but no rooms, seriously, Sakurai... go **** on yourself.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'm not sure how people are assuming that Smash coins have a purpose in these mentioned lotteries. Sakurai is clearly referring to the tokens you drop on your characters to select them.

Hasn't anyone played Mario Kart DS? When playing online, everyone picks a stage they want to play on. Then they pick one stage at random from the four selections.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
if you believe that you will only be able to play 2 min. matches online with four people, then quite frankly you're morons...
no way would be exclude other game modes from online...
sakurai is always hiding stuff from us, and thiis is no exception...
who's to say there aren't more modes besides "basic brawl" for battle with anyone?
Thank you!!!!
Did anyone assume Sakurai doesn't want to spoil the game for us?!? "No, he's too much of a ****" :mad:
This thread....so sad..

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I actually love this update. Just people are mad that it isn't Halo quality.

I mean, it IS a random Brawl. Quote. "Random."

Go get some friends and exchange friend codes. Bam. There you go.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I think that's why Sakurai is holding back on the character updates. Because everyone is whining.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Hmm... are you ever satified with anything I wonder?

It is, what it is. Random is what it suppose to be, random. And as popular as Brawl will more then likely be, Nintendo is being more secertive with their random mode then usual. It's just something you have to deal with, world doesn't play fair.
I hate how people think I complain too much just because I'm not a fanboy who acts like everything Sakurai announces is god or something, no rooms is just stupid, period. Rooms make everyone happy.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
There's one fool-proof way to tell if you're playing a human or a bot:
1. If you get any other stage besides Battlefield, it's a bot.
2. If items are on, it's a bot.
3. If you choose to play as Meta Knight or Sonic or someone else who's "God-Tier" your opponent will be a bot.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Dude, if there were rooms, you could play 2 min time matches, with what ever items you want. Everyone gets to play their way, I get to play my way, you get to play your way. Not having rooms was a mistake. And although I don't know you, and you say you "don't care".

I would imagine you'd rather get to chose EXACTLY what stage, items, time/stock you'd want to play with rather then have a set time limit, always play against 3 other people and not really pick anything. I mean, I can sort of understand the ranking system thing... sort of, but no rooms, seriously, Sakurai... go **** on yourself.
So pretty much you just want to play your way. And that's fine...but as of now, there's nothing you can do about it. And telling the game maker to **** on himself won't really help much. But you're making a really big deal out of a not so big thing.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
On a personal level, I really couldn't care if the Online is a total slaughterhouse for content - I just want a fantastic multiplayer experience. Have things gotten so convoluted that we've forgotten about the whole reason we all came to this game? Smash between houses is a cool idea, but it's the four tangled controllers, elbows-together-on-the-couch, covered-in-cornchips gameplay that got me into it!

What would Smash be without controller plug-outs, random pausing, and OF COURSE obligatory cursing? NOTHING. It'd be a bore, surely!

So you can all complain about not being able to know the name of some guy half way around the world, but I'll be anticipating knowing the SHAME on my best buddies face when I whack him in the testicles, and KO his Ice Climber while he's riling in pain.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Ugh... I actually don't like the idea of unlockables being ruined through the online...

It'll be just like Mario Kart and Halo...

Everyone plays as R.O.B. and everyone uses the Hayabusa Armor just because they think they've got it and that makes them awesome because no one else has it -.-

But nonetheless, I'll be sure to main Mega Man online.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I think that's why Sakurai is holding back on the character updates. Because everyone is whining.
Actually the majority of developers aren't suppose to look at fan sites in general during development... well then again since Sakurai is the head of the project that may not matter.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
if you believe that you will only be able to play 2 min. matches online with four people, then quite frankly you're morons...
no way would be exclude other game modes from online...
sakurai is always hiding stuff from us, and thiis is no exception...
who's to say there aren't more modes besides "basic brawl" for battle with anyone?
You better be right, no one can be that stupid... to not have rooms. But to make all the matches 4-way time crap fests.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
As a side note.... "The Wii is trying to connect in earnest! And it succeeds!" <--One of the best lines from the Dojo?
*Points at sig*

Oh my deity, guys! BRAWL'S ONLINE INCLUDES ANONYMITY! How dare Nintendo keep us from repeatedly seeing ASCII *****es in n00b's taunts! And seriously, wtf Sakurai! No names? HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE KNOWING I'LL NEVER GET TO KNOW THE NAME OF SOMEONE I'LL PROBABLY NEVER BATTLE AGAIN!!! Seriously Sakurai, stop following your judgement! Can't you see that selfish curs are the one's Brawl must be specified to? Seriously, it's as though he wants us to not enjoy having an online experience that was never intended for the game anyways! What's next, a Kitten Killer mode? I swear, Sakurai, you are a horrible person for not catering to our every whim! I am switching to a REAL fighting game, like Street Fighter! At least there, I'll get a crappy game that conforms to most other fighting games on the market!

YoungGanondorf

Smash Rookie
Why, that statement gives me the opposite impression
How's that? He's obviously saying he's not going to reveal it on his site, and therefore we will have to wait till its release and that after it's been out for a day or two everything will be on the internet. That's my take.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Why, that statement gives me the opposite impression
I agree. This actually gives a glimmer of chance that he WILL reveal ALL of the characters. By saying that everyone is going to find out anyway it is almost like he is saying that he might as well just reveal them and get it done with. Of course I don't think he will do that for a while if at all. Honestly though, as much as I want to know what characters are in the game I also want the surprise of who I may unlock when I play the game.

nintenfreak92

Smash Rookie
Anyone else disapointed that you can unlock all the characters in SE. I thought that was dumb, iliked it how there was unusual ways to get the characters.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

I speak for everyone here who can think, **** YOU!!!!!
ROOMS ARE NOT WHAT MAKES THIS GAME AWESOME! WHY DON'T YOU GO SAY BRAWL SUCKS SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!
..............................................................................................................................................................................

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
There's one fool-proof way to tell if you're playing a human or a bot:
1. If you get any other stage besides Battlefield, it's a bot.
2. If items are on, it's a bot.
3. If you choose to play as Meta Knight or Sonic or someone else who's "God-Tier" your opponent will be a bot.
how about no... considering they are only bots after the person leaves...

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
The coin in the stage select picture aren't the coins you earn in the game, they are they 1P, 2P, 3P, 4P coins that you put on your character when you pick who you want to use. Since each player needs to vote for a stage to play, it shows your coin and which stage you placed it on.

Something I'm wondering about is, when a player gets d/c'd and the CPU takes over, how does that work? One of the other player's Wii's starts up its AI and then that Wii is sending TWO inputs online? I'm guessing it'll be a random level CPU, as well.

What about the item switch? How many items will randomly be turned off? Will there always be some items turned off? Can it turn off Smash balls? Can it turn off all the items?

If characters aren't being hidden online, I suspect stages will follow suit. If you wanna know all the characters and stages that can be unlocked, just go online on like the 2nd or 3rd day after Brawl comes out!

If you earn most characters through the SSE, how does that work exactly? You play through it once and you have 3/4ths of the roster? That seems pretty lame. If there are lots of branching parts like choosing between Zelda and Peach, then I can see having to go through multiple playthroughs, one time getting Zelda, one time getting Peach. But not them, since I'm pretty sure they're starters. Also, I'd guess you still unlock a couple characters through Event mode, and Jiggs is still unlocked from your first time through Classic. And there will be a character like Mr. G&W, who you unlock only once you've unlocked everyone else.

A very mysterious update indeed...

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
How's that? He's obviously saying he's not going to reveal it on his site, and therefore we will have to wait till its release and that after it's been out for a day or two everything will be on the internet. That's my take.
Because that statement says he isn't really caring about the reveal of secret characters because he knows they'll be revealed on the internet or WiFi soon enough

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
So pretty much you just want to play your way. And that's fine...but as of now, there's nothing you can do about it. And telling the game maker to **** on himself won't really help much. But you're making a really big deal out of a not so big thing.
No, I want EVERYONE to be able to play their way. I'll say it again, WHO DOESN'T ROOMS BENEFIT??? I'll say it again, with rooms, you can play exactly how you want flyinfilipino. If you want to play 2 min, 4 way matches with items then have fun. If you want 4 stock matches with just pokeballs and bombs sure, go ahead. If you only want a one on one match with Smash Balls and Curry go ahead, if you want to play with no items one on one on non moving stages have fun. Rooms are good, FOR EVERYONE! I can't even think of a reason Sakurai doesn't have rooms. I'm hoping that Basic Brawl isn't just it, and there's something like "detailed brawl". No one can really be this stupid to not even let you pick the time limit.

It's a huge deal, this is Nintendo's biggest title in years, and they can't even have rooms online.

Top Bottom