• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You could figure it out by knowing where your friends are and having them give you there code number. There is this thing to called a telephone where you could call someone and find out what match they are in and join that match. There are ways around it.
Yes, I understand, but nowhere in the update does he say anything about match numbers or friend codes or anything like that. You're pulling it completely out of your butt.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
You people are going to drive me f**king bananas.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi02.html

Spectator Mode is not With Friends, it's in With ANYONE.
Exactly, and it WOULD'VE been good if you could choose to watch your friends play (NO BRAINER - this is why I blame Sakurai - even though he can fix it with another k3wl updaat!) but as the information stands, you don't have a choice! You could end up watching 4 people who think the winner is the person who jumps off the edge the most as opposed to choosing matches which might actually be INTERESTING.

vargasdelman

Smash Rookie
Sakurai sucks.
r u really gonna go on a completely ssb forum (made by sakurai)
with everybody praising him for all the incredible work he has done for all three of this saga
and say that he sucks because of a few bad updates?
he has to stretch them out
we all want to know everything about brawl, but if he just gave us 10 pages of information that told us everything we would be so anxious about getting it (in 2 months)
that we would be trying to cryogenically freeze ourselves to pass the time

oh and i think that he will anounce either ridley or megaman either next week or the week after
he really is making this a fan's game, and there's a huge demand for megaman and ridley

blayde_axel

Smash Master
it was kinda weird that this week focused on the "noobs" of Smash. I mean, we got Handicap and Spectator, and in both he mentioned something along the lines of "you guys aren't the only people that play smash, Pro players!"

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
r u really gonna go on a completely ssb forum (made by sakurai)
Sakurai didn't make this forum...what the hell are you talking about?

yeah, this week was kinda meh, and i'm one of those optimistic people who love getting any update because we are getting updates. handicap ruined it for me. i'm sorry, but worst update ever, i think.

but look on the bright side. i think next week will be really excellent

EDIT: you know what, today was a cool update. i probably won't use the feature, but i think it's cool to watch other matches and bet on them. plus, free stickers! (if you plan on collecting all of them. i won't bother until a year after i have Brawl, then i'll probably start trying to collect all trophies, stickers, etc.)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Off-Topic, but still has to do with today's update. lol.

I know it's been made before, but I can't find it. You think it'll be a good idea to make a thread with the available modes we have so far in a diagram? As in how it would most likely appear in the game's menu itself. It'd be kind of nice to see what we have/what we could be expecting.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Today's update alt costumes.
I got this.
Saturday doesn't do updates. Monday had better be something more substantial or else I will cry on forums again and waste time that could be spent elsewhere. Seriously. I hate Sakurai.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Saturday doesn't do updates. Monday had better be something more substantial or else I will cry on forums again and waste time that could be spent elsewhere. Seriously. I hate Sakurai.
Maybe just get a life and stop staying up all night for an update about a game? Not like it won't be there tomorrow morning. :/

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Dammit, Sakurai, THREE WEEKS AND NO CHARACTERS?!

He better be building up to something very good, or else I'll stop acting like a nerd and checking the Dojo at 6 a.m. every day.

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
A big important and maybe even controversial update is going to be coming Monday. I can feel it... Ridley, Geno, Olimar, Krystal, Megaman...one of these new characters should be confirmed. It has been 3 weeks since Dedede was confirmed!

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
I have the answer to all of the smashpeoples troubles... and the answer is Captain.

Really though if there are many more characters confirmed... who will be left to unlock?

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
I think that C. Falcon, Jigglypuff, Luigi and Ness will be unlockables in Brawl, and will NOT be announced on the dojo. I mean, having been in the past two games I would've figured they'd be in it by now, but no.

So I think that we have a lot more characters to unlock along with them, having atleast 30-40 characters, maybe more.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Monday will be the 1st Anniversary of the Nintendo Wii, I certainly hope that's reason enough for a really cool update.

SonicMario

Smash Master
He's unofficially confirmed. But there is no doubt that he will return. Those nay-sayers are blind. Look at Goroh's trophy: Falcon symbol FTW

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Maybe just get a life and stop staying up all night for an update about a game? Not like it won't be there tomorrow morning. :/
ha ha ha ha. The problem is that it is there the next morning, and it still sucks. And I refuse to get a life. I like living in the dark hole that is my parent's basement and when I see the sun I shrivel up and disappear. My pale, ghoulish skin can only tolerate the warm glow of a computer monitor. So maybe you should get rid of your shiiit life and adopt my ideal lack thereof. It's cool.

Dry_Umbrella

Smash Apprentice
I think that C. Falcon, Jigglypuff, Luigi and Ness will be unlockables in Brawl, and will NOT be announced on the dojo. I mean, having been in the past two games I would've figured they'd be in it by now, but no.

So I think that we have a lot more characters to unlock along with them, having atleast 30-40 characters, maybe more.
this is what i've been thinking for a while since they were unlockable in smash64

as long as all the characters return i'll be glad weather or not there are 30+ characters

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha...

If Monday is the Wii's anniversary date... I predict...

"This Game is Playable on the Wii Console!"

"I-It's Amazing!"

gamer8

Smash Lord
Man, I'm so happy! I got all next week off for school, so I get a whole week off for seeing updates! WOOOOT!

Top Bottom