• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Dry_Umbrella

Smash Apprentice
newcomer Taizo Hori
better known as “that guy from Dig Dug”

Taizo Hori special moves

side b Fygar
he pulls out a fygar, then a moment later (think the time before bacon is thrown with G&W neutral b) a burst of flame pops out (the knock back resembles the bair of G&W, the turtle)

neutral b dirt toss
swings his shovel into ground which throws dirt forward
can be used in air but it just swings shovel for dmg and knock back
if used in air and lands mid swing dirt will be thrown still but the less of the swing is done on the ground the less dirt thrown

up b
there is a short moment of startup lag (think fox/falco side b) then he shoots his pump out in the direction you choose
for how this is controlled think of fox/falco up b
it can be used for Tether Recovery

down b burrow
he digs down into the ground then you can move him around underground (you can see where he is via diglet style dirt thing)
he is impervious to attacks while underground you can jump out or a jump attack thing out of the ground,
both have lag but the non-attacking jump has significantly less lag.
after an allotted amount of time he climbs out (this has about the same amount of lag as the non-attacking jump)

Ancient Mini-Stir

Smash Cadet
As SirPenguin said, the Wii was only released in North America on the 19th ... in Japan, where Sakurai lives, it was released December 2nd. Thus, I think it's unlikely we'll get anything special on the NA date, assuming we even do for the JPN one. On that note, I expect something along the lines of a Pokéball tomorrow, and just sub-par updates for the rest of the month. The week of December 3 is more promising simply because it has both the JPN Wii release anniversary (albeit on a Sunday), with the old NA release the next day.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Downloadable demo!!!!!! The same demo that was at E For-All except you can play it online with Wii Friends! AND its gonna be a double update anounceing that Megaman will be added to the demo also.
Download the demo right now! Its waiting for you!

THAT my friends is my prediction for tonight.

MattDel

Smash Apprentice
Cleveland, Ohio (who actually puts this here?)
Downloadable demo!!!!!! The same demo that was at E For-All except you can play it online with Wii Friends! AND its gonna be a double update anounceing that Megaman will be added to the demo also.

that sounds awesome, but unfortunately, the chances are like 1/100000 of that happening...

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
We're not basing this on random ****. The Capcom Conference was this weekend. So if Megaman was ever gonna be confirmed, it's gonna happen this week.
We didn't find out what happened at the Nintendo conference until a long while afterwards though. And They might be saving a huge selling point (example: Megaman as a PC) until a short while before the game comes out to generate a lot of buzz right before release.

ridleythecheesewedge

Smash Apprentice
either in ridley's house or just having a dream in

I 52/53% agree with you.************ megaman though

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
It's not the Japanese Wii anniversary though is it? And even so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

MunkyMan33

Smash Apprentice
first, for the record I do greatly appreciate the updates, we could be getting nothing after all. but with that said, please sakurai, stop the crappy updates!!!!!!! this can't go on too much longer can it? anyone?!!

47drift

Smash Journeyman
If Mega Man was tonight's update, wouldn't we have some excellent leaked screenshots from a Capcom press-conference, similar to the images leaked an hour before Snake and Sonic's updates?

I wish...

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
According to this theory/pattern:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=125128

August = 3 Newcomers
September = 0 Newcomers
October = 3 Newcomers
November = 0 Newcomers

I wish it wasn't true but it seems like it, no newcomer this week or next week but probably the week after that (first days of December)

I predict a Veteran tonight/this week. Comon Sakurai! we need some character at least!

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
There is no friggin' pattern, bro. That was just a coincidence. Sakura is not using any type of pattern. Even if he did, he'l change the pattern as soon as the fans catch on, its useless.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
tonight's update: meta knight's special moves

or

How to play: Volume Control

ZOMG MUTE CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!ONE!!!!!!!five

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I hope it's either a character or a stage

I geuss it's best to expect the worse and hope for the best though.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
It will be an update on how Sakurai's hair cut turned out and whether or not the ladies love it.

I predict that they will.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
According to this theory/pattern:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=125128

August = 3 Newcomers
September = 0 Newcomers
October = 3 Newcomers
November = 0 Newcomers

I wish it wasn't true but it seems like it, no newcomer this week or next week but probably the week after that (first days of December)

I predict a Veteran tonight/this week. Comon Sakurai! we need some character at least!
We had Snake and Metaknight on September, so that theory fails.

Next update will be....a FS, maybe from Lucas or ICs, I really don't know.

Top Bottom