• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Is it just me, or are people being really lame and bashing this legitimately awesome update?

Alright, I guess the anonymous thing is sorta BS, but still this is one of the most creative applications of Wifi play I've seen yet. This in a sense helps replace searching Youtube for videos, so all in all, I think this is a really good thing.
No, it doesn't replace searching for youtube vids, and even if it did, why would that be a good thing?

You know you can't replay spectator matches, right? With youtube, you could. I don't see the advantage here.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
No, it doesn't replace searching for youtube vids, and even if it did, why would that be a good thing?

You know you can't replay spectator matches, right? With youtube, you could. I don't see the advantage here.
Not everyone has access to something like a Gamebride, and that includes me. Sure the matches can't be replayed, but they help introduce more players worldwide, whereas only some people actually can record good quality videos (in fact, you CAN replay spectator matches. More people actually have VCRs and spare tapes, so you can record off those if you must). Spectator is good, and I don't care if it's not a new concept, it's one that will be particularly awesome in a game that's going to have crazy amounts of depth and MANY playable characters.

Well.... the way it is written on the site makes me think that it won't be watched at the exact time the people are playing the match, just a later time. It would be ridiculous to think that the players would sit there and wait 30 sec for 50+ spectators to sign in to watch the match and take a lot of bandwidth and cause a lot of lag.

So it won't be real time it looks like, just at a later point when Nintendo decides to put it up.
I don't know if anyone read this or knew about this , but just thought I would throw it out there again.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
and anyone that has played a game outside Smash would have expected this mode to be in the game.
I sure didn't. This is the first Nintendo game to have a feature like this.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I sure didn't. This is the first Nintendo game to have a feature like this.
Very true too. Nintendo has had many Wifi games on the DS, but none of those have had anything remotely like what Brawl is having right now. For Nintendo, this is very novel, and this is the best game possible that you could have spectator option for.

Silfa

Smash Ace
"ogm. no karacter. sakur suxx!"

Get over it. The Dojo will probably become a database for heaps of Brawl information after the release. They have to get some of these updates over and done with.

If observing wasn't in Brawl you'd probably cry about Sakurai and how his online sucks. "it dosn't even hav specctator.. get of ur *** sakurai"

These subtle things they are adding to the game are not going to make it worse in anyway at all, only better.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
yup... Sakurai has done it again... completely destroyed all of our predictions
And our hopes for something not completely lame.

Who in their right mind would buy a game to watch matches? How utterly pathetic.

Last time I checked, you buy a video game to play it, not to watch it. You might as well buy a mop just so you can look at it. Who needs to clean the floors?
I know. What the hell does he do up at that Nintendo office. At least make matches in your friendslist selectable. This was going to open up all kinds of possibilities, but no, its just random **** that happens in brawl - so you can watch people suck without even getting to play - HOW is that exciting FUUCKING SAKURAI? How afraid is he that some Japanese 10 year old is going to watch a match featuring p3|\|15 vs. KoKK? He must walk down the street and find a half-eaten muffin and think it is the greatest thing that has even happened in the history of mankind while scarfing it down. I'm not going to stay up for updates until the game is out *in furious denial*

Mr. Game and Watch?
roflcopter. No seriously. That was genius.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
If taunt-o-vision is a With Friends only privelidge, why would it go to spectators?
With Friends probably just means features with other people.

HOW is that exciting FUUCKING SAKURAI? How afraid is he that some Japanese 10 year old is going to watch a match featuring p3|\|15 vs. KoKK?
Don't yell at Sakurai. These are NINTENDO's policies, and he's employed under NOJ to create this game, and he has to follow their policies. He's the one breaking the MOST ground in Nintendo online games. Give him a break.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"This is the first Nintendo game to have a feature like this."

Need i say more?

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
"This is the first Nintendo game to have a feature like this."

Need i say more?
What's your point?

Well, Spectator Mode is in "With Friends", and Spectator Mode sends your gameplay to Nintendo to send to everyone's consoles. Spectator Mode PROBABLY only records matches that you play with your friends (I.E. not Random Matches).

By "It doesn't necessarily have to mean ONLY people on your friends list." I meant that the video isn't going to be shared just with your friends, if you get my drift ;-]

Shuma

Smash Hero
That there are games OUTSIDE nintendo. And thousands of them have this mode.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well, Spectator Mode is in "With Friends", and Spectator Mode sends your gameplay to Nintendo to send to everyone's consoles. Spectator Mode PROBABLY only records matches that you play with your friends (I.E. not Random Matches).

By "It doesn't necessarily have to mean ONLY people on your friends list." I meant that the video isn't going to be shared just with your friends, if you get my drift ;-]
You people are going to drive me f**king bananas.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi02.html

Spectator Mode is not With Friends, it's in With ANYONE.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Hmm. I'm not complaining, but I made an interesting correlation this evening.

Remember everyone (Or all of you man to admit it) when you were younger and actually LIKED DBZ? And watching it every day would be one of the day's biggest highlights?

Well, it's almost as if Waiting for the Brawl updates has turned into DBZ.

Were waiting for each update and saying. "Maybe today will be a huge fight scene finally! [Read as Maybe today will be an exciting update!]" But we end up with nothing but. "Talk talk talk talk stating obvious stuff laugh laugh talk talk Grunt Growl CHARGE CHARGE CHARGE NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z!"

Does anyone else see this? =p

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord

Remember everyone (Or all of you man to admit it) when you were younger and actually DBZ? And watching it every day would be one of the day's biggest highlights?

Were waiting for each update and saying. "Maybe today will be a huge fight scene finally! [Read as Maybe today will be an exciting update!]" But we end up with nothing but. "Talk talk talk talk stating obvious stuff laugh laugh talk talk Grunt Growl CHARGE CHARGE CHARGE NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z!"

Never watched DBZ that intently. But, sure why not.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

Remember everyone (Or all of you man to admit it) when you were younger and actually LIKED DBZ? And watching it every day would be one of the day's biggest highlights?

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I still get annoyed to watch DBZ (but I just have to.)

Hopefully, Brawl won't make you watch 5 matches before any fighting even goes on. :p

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
We've had nothing Good for the past 3 weeks so stfu about one week, it's been 3.
Also you have to be paitent you learned alot from E4All, you really think he's going to go ahead and spoil all of the information now?!

(This was focused towards the guys back on pages 585-588 who were complaining)

Christ people!! Cry me a fucking river!!!!

You people demanded something new, you got it, it's just not a character. You people talk about the updates as if Sakurai is attempting to satisfy us only. There are more people outside of us who play this game regaurdless if it is new or not. Try to think outside of your own personal desires.

What bunch of spoiled children.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
LOL I can related to the DBZ thing. i remember coming home form school and then waiting for it come on, and all I get is 30 minutes of screaming and charging up.

Blackadder

Smash Master

You people demanded something new, you got it, it's just not a character. You people talk about the updates as if Sakurai is attempting to satisfy us only. There are more people outside of us who play this game regaurdless if it is new or not. Try to think outside of your own personal desires.

Pwnd, ******.
I was waiting for you to come in and yell at everyone, actually.
:laugh:

The update was okay. Not epic at all, but okay.
It'll make me survive for another 2 days. Next week I'd like some kick-arse Sonic Stage action though.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord

Are you saying that people who check the Dojo that don't visit this board are really thinking that all these updates are awesome?

Pwnd, ******.
I was waiting for you to come in and yell at everyone, actually.
:laugh:

The update was okay. Not epic at all, but okay.
It'll make me survive for another 2 days. Next week I'd like some kick-arse Sonic Stage action though.
You're about the 5th person that has waited for me to yell at people. ^_^

I liked the update, sometimes I just like to relax and watch the humiliation.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Wow. You guys are pricks. I liked this update a lot.

Sakurai better tell us what those coins do in the near future.
I thought this, too, until I realized...without names, it's pointless. Why would I want to watch a match if I have no idea if I'll be watching Ken vs. Isai or two 6-year-olds playing bob-ombs only on very high??

volbound1700

Smash Master
The without names part is only optional and you could figure out who it is by announcing the match number or by friend codes. Sakurai is smart in keeping it all secret because it is for internet protection and keeps out the stalkers and annoying people.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Says who?

By the way, you really can't do anything with Brawl nicknames...>_>
You could figure it out by knowing where your friends are and having them give you there code number. There is this thing to called a telephone where you could call someone and find out what match they are in and join that match. There are ways around it.

Top Bottom