• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Black/Light

Smash Master
I hope we get a vet. IDK why but I couldn't really fully enjoy the Lucas update because of all the arguements about him and Ness. People are still going tooth and nail about it.

We haven't had a vet in a well and I remember him putting a vet and a new-comer in the same week after not having a character update the week before. (much like this case)

My hopes, Falco/ Mew2/Jpuff or Ganon.:p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The usual

Necomer: AC Rep or Olimer or something
Veteran: Falcon
Item: Beam Sabre...
Want: Geno PC

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I hope we get a vet. IDK why but I couldn't really fully enjoy the Lucas update because of all the arguements about him and Ness. People are still going tooth and nail about it.

We haven't had a vet in a well and I remember him putting a vet and a new-comer in the same week after not having a character update the week before. (much like this case)

My hopes, Falco/ Mew2/Jpuff or Ganon.:p
I like all those vets besides jigglypuff. I don't know why, but I truly hate that character.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Tonight's update is undoubtedly going to be Character: Tetris Blocks. Oh wait, he won't reveal third party unlockable characters until after the game is released. No wait, he already lied to us about not revealing Snake. Anything could happen!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Chuck Norris once went to a restaurant and ate three 72 pound steaks in an hour. And he spent the first 45 minutes having making love to his waitress.
...um, well...that's nice?

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Tonight's update is undoubtedly going to be Character: Tetris Blocks. Oh wait, he won't reveal third party unlockable characters until after the game is released. No wait, he already lied to us about not revealing Snake. Anything could happen!!
That's all the evidence I need...

L BLOCK CONFIRMED!

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm starting to see a pattern with Nintendo: "out with the old (or at least one of them) in with the new." So I can easily see Star Wolf replacing Falco.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Like, Ness is out, and Lucas is in. Sheik is out, Zelda is in (eh, not really a good example), Ike is in, Marth/Roy is out, etc. Thats what I'm saying.
Wellllllll, in truth we can't base any pattens on that.
Ness isn't deconfirmed, Sheik has been hinted at along with Ganon in an interview a while back, and Marth/Roy have far from been deconfirmed.

Though Roy is likely out.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Ness isn't deconfirmed, Sheik has been hinted at along with Ganon in an interview a while back, and Marth/Roy have far from been deconfirmed.

I like your reasoning. Unless it's SAID by someone in an official position that they are deconfirmed, they still hold a chance.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer

Well yeah, I'm not saying anyone is confirmed or deconfirmed yet. It's just something I'm predicting Nintendo might, maybe, possibly do. hehehe

Blackadder

Smash Master
Ha, I told Fawriel we may get a sheild update soon, after we saw it in that Snake movie on Tuesday.

I was kinda hoping WD would be mentiond... XD

Fox's Final Smash looks a little odd to me, I'm not to hot on the idea of that giant Tank thing, but ehh. Decent update. Not great to me though.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Meeeeeh.... Shield looks sexier than it has been... Would have expected some Arwing thing, rather than the Landmaster for Fox, but whatever.

EDIT: ^ Did the guy above me just exclaim over what I think he just did?

Somasu

Smash Ace
It should be up in the American site now.

The Shielding and Dodging update was "eh"

and the Landmaster Final Smash.. now THAT I do like!

I love it for two main reasons:

1) The FS is quite original. I don't think there's any other one that gives the character the ability to use a vehicle to attack the opponents

2) The Landmaster looks INCREDIBLE! There's so much AWESOME detail in that thing, and it makes me extremely excited for what the Landmaster/Arwings might look like in the next Star Fox game should Nintendo decide to make one (WHICH THEY BETTER!)

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
The new shields look so much cooler...
And the Landmaster, that has got to be the coolest tank ever created... and um, ****, lots of good updates lately... i'm lovin it. :D

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I kinda figured Lucas was taunting in his update when he was pointing to the sky, and this update kind of confirms that.

I'm not too impressed with this final smash. A final smash to me is a character's inner power, like Mario's huge flamethrower and Yoshi's dragon attack, but relying too heavily on materials or another force is just not working for me (I.E. Palutena's army and this landmaster tank.)

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
but relying too heavily on materials or another force is just not working for me (I.E. Palutena's army and this landmaster tank.)
Fox's main ability is to pilot his spacecraft, shoot his gun, use his reflector, and all the other tools and materials that he has. So, this makes plenty of sense to me. :p

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Fox's main ability is to pilot his spacecraft, shoot his gun, use his reflector, and all the other tools and materials that he has. So, this makes plenty of sense to me. :p
Not everyone can have the power of the Triforce backing them up. :D (comparing Fox to Link as they both are heavy on utility)

I'm going to avoid going into heavy depth about my thoughts on the Final Smash until tomorrow, when the mods have a thread in place so it can be in the right place and hopefully read more.

Top Bottom