• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Mach Rider isn't from Excitebike, he's a completely different character from a completely different game.

Wtf was the point of showing Lakitu at the end?

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
LAZY! Honestly, would it have been that hard to recreate a new Excitebike model? And Lakitu has been 3-D for a long time now, why revert?
I like it. Some old graphics are nice to add-in. Gives it some nostalgia, something to remember about how you used to play it when you were little (or some of you may have never played it at all depending on your age).

But too much of the old graphics would be overkill, I think. Nice so far, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Excite Pixel isn't totally bad...

But why is Lakitu in Pixel form!?!?!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Sorry, bro, but Smash wasn't even going to be released in the US in the first placed, or wasn't planned to. So Sakurai probably didn't have plans for Smash to be something worldwide.
I find that a bit odd...the premise of a Nintendo all-star fighting game NOT being an international release? Why would they ever make a decision like that?

It isn't a matter of interpretation, however. Most RPGs do the exact same thing. It's an RPG cliche, a well-known one. It's well known that both LoZ AND Mother follow this cliche.
See, and this is where I'm disagreeing, which is what makes it interpretation and not fact. I've already given the example of the Final Fantasy series, what with its numerous installments. Dragon Quest even, though I AM less familiar with it, I recall the first game making reference to the hero from the past you were descended from...who you ended up playing as in the third game in the series. The Mana series, one of my all time favorites, also with main characters (and even genres within the franchise) that are entirely different. The Chrono series...same deal.

This pattern that you describe, while true may exist in some franchises, is absent from the vast majority of RPG franchises that I'm familiar with. And I personally don't see MOTHER as being any different in that respect.

So what moves would exactly Lucas steal that wouldn't be uber damage?
For starters, I would get rid of PK Thunder as his recovery move as it really pisses me off...especially in stages like Fourside. I'm not sure what you would replace this WITH...if it were Ness, PK Teleport seems to be a viable option.

Second, he has PK Counter Shields, doesn't he? This could either act like Marth's or Fox's countering moves. And speaking of which, since PK Magnet already heals him, why not just give him PK Lifeup? It could work like Roy's Flareblade in the sense that it takes some time to charge up, but will recover more health the longer you let the charge run for. Let him keep PK Flash for all I care.

Well, yeah, pretty much. Mother 3 is kind of its own story. You really have to play it yourself and hands on experience to feel the emotional vibe you get from every part in the game. Storywise, it has the be the best Mother game out there, along with the development of characters like Lucas and Claus. Second one would probably have to be the original, since Ninten DOES have some sort of connection that makes him needed to defeat Gigyas from invading the Earth. Mother 2...sorry, not so much. Ness was just kinda there and told to save the Earth all of a sudden without much backstory.
Out of curiosity, what would you say the odds are of MOTHER 3 making it over here now?

On topic...AT update. Ah well. At least it's a two in one. Plus those little guys are awesome.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
LAZY! Honestly, would it have been that hard to recreate a new Excitebike model? And Lakitu has been 3-D for a long time now, why revert?
I doubt that is laziness I just think Sakurai was appealing to us nostalgic types...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Well, that way, we don't need an update for Lakitu ^_^
Yeah, but they'll probably have one for him anyway. Otherwise this would have been a double update and they'd have a seperate profile for him up already.

I think it was just to show that there are other pixel looking ATs.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
lol I was joking. I was trying to find something good out of this update, when in reality it kinda just sucked. I don't blame Sakurai though, cause with yesterday's update we kinda need something like this to get settled back down.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
lol I was joking. I was trying to find something good out of this update, when in reality it kinda just sucked. I don't blame Sakurai though, cause with yesterday's update we kinda need something like this to get settled back down.
Just wait till Friday! It's bound to be awesome! :laugh:

The last time we had a character update on Monday, this happened:

Monday

Friday

JPW

Smash Ace
i knew we would get excitebike AT sooner or later. lol.

It was just an obvious choice.

As for Lakitu I wonder if you can still kill him with Mario fireballs. Or wait, what about Ike's Aether.

I used to always love running away from Lakitu.

But you know who we really need for an assist from the Mario world.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
ugh. after the last 2 awesome updates, we're now stuck with MORE ITEMS D:

seriously, if you're going to waste updates on items, at least make it a double update with a final smash.

Blackadder

Smash Master
ugh. after the last 2 awesome updates, we're now stuck with MORE ITEMS D:

seriously, if you're going to waste updates on items, at least make it a double update with a final smash.
How can you complain?
We got two awesome updates on two consecutive days, you didn't seriously expect this update to be another groundbreaker, surely.

This update is just to settle us back down.
The week is still awesome, either way.

b.wood5474

Smash Cadet
you know what hasn't happend yet? zeldas final smash. maybe they are waiting untill its right to release shiek if shes gonna be in it at all. (crosses fingers). it should have been done by now.

also fox and peaces final smashes werent released but im not as concered with that.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
We all know Fox's FS's gonna be Starwolf coming and barraging the stage with lasers of awesomeness...
Yep. Wolf deconfirmed. lol.

But, seriously, I actually liked it. Then again, I love the look of old graphics in Smash Bros. Feels like they're actually bringing everything together from everytime/place they can think of.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'd love an 8-bit mode. Not impossible to do with a lot of characters (harder), but I think a stage where everyone is 8/(SNES)/64 bit would cool. But that's just me.

I never really saw Excitebike(r(s)) and Lakitu as playable material anyway. I love that they're 8-bit though. They could've done 3-d models, but I like how they kept it original, yet different.

Florida

イーグランツ
Heh, in a way, it was a double Assist Trophy update; with Latiku and what not.

Anyway, Excitebike seems like a fun Assist Trophy! It's pretty cool that a ton of them spawn at the same time.

And has the Animal Crossing game ever had constellations in their skies? o.O

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Heh, in a way, it was a double Assist Trophy update; with Latiku and what not.

Anyway, Excitebike seems like a fun Assist Trophy! It's pretty cool that a ton of them spawn at the same time.

And has the Animal Crossing game ever had constellations in their skies? o.O
Yes. They're in Animal Crossing DS for sure. They may have been in the GC version, but I don't remember.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
After seeing that, I bet that there's at least one playable character that's pixelated and 2D.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'd love an 8-bit mode. Not impossible to do with a lot of characters (harder), but I think a stage where everyone is 8/(SNES)/64 bit would cool. But that's just me.
nah, that's me also I remeber seeing a fake screen that had Melee characters Pixalized in an 8-Bit mode, it sure would be awesome if they did that as tge where everyone but the items become 8-Bit

The Bino

Smash Lord
nah, that's me also I remeber seeing a fake screen that had Melee characters Pixalized in an 8-Bit mode, it sure would be awesome if they did that as tge where everyone but the items become 8-Bit
There was a trailer but it was 16bit not 8bit - It shows that Smash could've existed in the SNES days as well as our current days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnU8soWcG1E

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Thursday will be something mellow. Possibly better than today's update.

Most likely a stage, Item or character update of some sort (Moves, Final Smash).

Friday will be a Newcomer, Veteran or Subspace update!

:laugh:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
There was a trailer but it was 16bit not 8bit - It shows that Smash could've existed in the SNES days as well as our current days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnU8soWcG1E
wow, that sure would have been nice to play way back on the SNES, I remember reading once that SSB64 was orinally gonna be on the SNES but was later scrapped and made for N64

btw nice sig

Chari

Smash Apprentice
I hope this update tonight is better than today's. I hope it's something that's worth our while.

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
dude man, excite bike... that is the best assist trophy ever, and the coolest looking graphics in the whole game so far :)

Top Bottom