• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Okay, I expected shielding, maybe even dodging, but I didn't expect yet another update, left alone Fox's Final Smash.

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
I kinda figured Lucas was taunting in his update when he was pointing to the sky, and this update kind of confirms that.

I'm not too impressed with this final smash. A final smash to me is a character's inner power, like Mario's huge flamethrower and Yoshi's dragon attack, but relying too heavily on materials or another force is just not working for me (I.E. Palutena's army and this landmaster tank.)
Who cares. I'm not really sure why you'd assume ALL the FS' are going to be an extension of a character's power. If anything, it should be an extension of the character's own personal abilities from their respective video games. Fox is a pilot primarily, not a fist-fighter, so this only makes sense.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
The landmaster looks awesome, I really hope they make another starfox game soon.

Anyways I've had enough good updates this week to be happy so if tomorrows is good this week will be one of the best we had in a long time. I'm going to guess a Subspace or Wi-Fi update, as we haven't had either for awhile.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it will be a wi-fi update. I think he gave us the bulk of the info when it was announced in the first place.

I'm still waiting on a special move list or music -.-

But maybe it will be a returning Vet :p

Zomg page 300!!1!11

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
People been saying Capt. Falcon to be the next update for the last couple of weeks and it never happened.

Tomorrow will be something that we didn't suspect, like always. But if I must guess, then it could be a How to Play. They're long overdue.
You see? I was completely right! A How to Play update with something unexpected and no Capt. Falcon! :laugh:

Blackadder

Smash Master
i'll laugh when youre all wrong and we get something like music or subspace stuff :laugh::laugh::laugh:
You'll laugh a lot, but will be proven wrong one day.
These guys predict Falcon EVERY day. I think it's some plan so that one day when it happens, they can all go "SEE! I WAS RITE!"

ill laugh when your wrong and we do get captain falcon :'3 :lick:
Told ya.

;):p

craiigg

Smash Lord
rofl, CF update would be HELLA sexy. but yuh youre right every day its the same ZOMG CF TODAY >_>
just try not to predict so when it happens you're all O:O:O: : D:D

cause everyone knows CF will be pimpin in brawl, i heard his final smash is just a video the captain kneeing a lazy housewife, then all the other characters lose a stock from complete shock and admiration

Chari

Smash Apprentice
rofl, CF update would be HELLA sexy. but yuh youre right every day its the same ZOMG CF TODAY >_>
just try not to predict so when it happens you're all O:O:O: : D:D

cause everyone knows CF will be pimpin in brawl, i heard his final smash is just a video the captain kneeing a lazy housewife, then all the other characters lose a stock from complete shock and admiration
lol Captain Falcon grows a 3rd knee for his Final smash. It's gonna be pwnage. lol I wish that would happen XD

Anyways, I hope we get him confirmed.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
c'moooooonnnnn stage creator.... *rolls dice*
:ohwell:
ok, event match creator?....*rolls*
:urg:
mater chief PC?
:chuckle:
:mad:
sonic?
:psycho::psycho::psycho:

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I kinda figured Lucas was taunting in his update when he was pointing to the sky, and this update kind of confirms that.

I'm not too impressed with this final smash. A final smash to me is a character's inner power, like Mario's huge flamethrower and Yoshi's dragon attack, but relying too heavily on materials or another force is just not working for me (I.E. Palutena's army and this landmaster tank.)
Inner Power?!?

Kirby cooks Mario!!

Sir James

The Doctor
Captain Falcon will probably be announced this month. It seems like Sakurai is trying to cram in all the updates before December 3rd comes along. When I saw the Shield/Dodge update today I figured that was it for the day. Good thing I scrolled down a little bit more to see Fox's Final Smash.

I hope the knee stays in the game and it isn't weakened. I won't be able to sleep at night until I see his update.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I can't wait for the inevitable Air Dodging update :chuckle:

WHAT'S THIS? In addition, you can slide upon landing! But that's not very useful at all...or is it?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Lol I know. Apart from C. Falcon though, what I would love to see is gameplay footage including Diddy.

In all honesty though I'm predicting an item or music.

dark_templar_99

Smash Cadet
I like how he says "you lose more shields as you get attacked" and not "the longer you use your shields the more you lose them." Reminds me more of losing guard traditional fighters like the streetfighter series.

I also like how samus does a forward dodge and is face snake instead of facing away from him. I'm sure this will remove a bit of lag that it takes to turn around and attack.

One thing i would like to see is dodge canceling. It would be nice to be able to dodge and half way cancel to an uppercut or something. Maybe that would be too cheap. Or if you dodge and you know you will get hit, you could cancel half way and stop short.

The landmaster is cool, but i think its too big. but i like the "do a barrel roll" part.

I hope air dodging shows up soon as well as zeldas special moves cuz she's gunna be my main.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
It is very likely to be a Game Mode. Everyone wants Falcon, so Sakurai's like:

THEY WANT FARUKON?
I GIVE FARUKON.
A DAY BEFORE RELEASE DATE!

SUMASU BRASAS YEAAAAAAAH!!

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
He kind of does need to get all the starting characters announced before the end of the month. Otherwise the playable demo at the event or the article in Nintendo power will spoil them.

The Bino

Smash Lord
I like how he says "you lose more shields as you get attacked" and not "the longer you use your shields the more you lose them." Reminds me more of losing guard traditional fighters like the streetfighter series.

I also like how samus does a forward dodge and is face snake instead of facing away from him. I'm sure this will remove a bit of lag that it takes to turn around and attack.

One thing i would like to see is dodge canceling. It would be nice to be able to dodge and half way cancel to an uppercut or something. Maybe that would be too cheap. Or if you dodge and you know you will get hit, you could cancel half way and stop short.

The landmaster is cool, but i think its too big. but i like the "do a barrel roll" part.

I hope air dodging shows up soon as well as zeldas special moves cuz she's gunna be my main.
Have you even played Melee at all? With that statement it really brings that question to my mind

Go play Melee, play against a level 1 or whatever and go up to them and roll towards them, when you come out of your roll with any char you WILL BE FACING THEM it was in Melee it will be in Brawl, and with today's update, it was again confirmed that when you roll towards them and get behind them you again will be facing them, it gives you an advantage to attack them while they may not be looking at you

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Character>>> Special Moves >>> Bowser

Again, only because I hope so. But in all honesty I think itll be C. falcon, but meh.

Top Bottom